You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Monster At Lake Worth

Real Ghost Stories

Monster At Lake Worth

 

First and foremost, understand that two people share this account. It is written on our bio, but just to reiterate we are best friends that have experienced some pretty strange things, together and alone, and have finally decided to share those experiences (anonymously) with other people.

One night, about three years ago now, we were taking a drive around Lake Worth, a lake near our house. We did that a lot, as we were very poor and the unlit, tree encased roads were really fun and creepy to drive through at night. We always liked to drive around and try and scare ourselves, and besides, there was a decrepit old church and 'the castle' to see out there anyway.

Well, this night we were driving down the main road, it was dark, after midnight, and there were no other cars on the road. We took our normal route toward 'the castle' (a government owned building that resembles a castle, with trellised iron gates and stone towers) and turned onto the side street that curved around the lakeshore. The moment the headlights of the car lit upon the tight bundle of trees on the side of the road, I knew something was there. I didn't really see anything so much as felt it there, like a shadow at the back of my mind. I asked my friend if she saw anything there but she said no and I dropped it. I figured if she didn't see it, and really she's far more 'sensitive' than I am, then it must have been the dark playing on my imagination. We drove to the castle and I let the uneasiness slip from my mind.

We left the castle the same way we had come, and as we approached that copse of trees another car was driving toward us. As the headlights from our car met and combined with the headlights of the other car the entire forest was lit up as brightly as day. There was something there, visible between the tree trunks. Some strange creature, hunched and disfigured, loping away from the light as though it were being burned. It was huge, bigger than any deer or wild animal that could be found there, and moved on two legs, like a human. But it wasn't human. Its eyes caught the shine of the headlights and reflected it back orange, the colour of fire or traffic cones. The closest thing I can think of to compare it to is the creature Gollum from The Lord of the Rings, yet it was very different also, more monster-like and muscled. It looked right at us, its creepy, orange eyes snapping right on us. I couldn't help but think it could see us, could see how scared and shocked we were even though it was dark in the car and the headlights were blindingly bright. I felt a horrible chill stab through me, like my fear was a real physical thing and it was hurting me. I could barely even breathe, my chest was tight and my throat was locked, and as I looked over at my friend I could see tears pooling in her eyes. I don't know if the people in the other car saw it there, but my friend and I both did. We didn't even pause at the STOP sign at the end of the road as we sped back home.

My friend thinks that what we saw that night might have been the Goatman, a monster of legend from that area that comes out to frighten and terrorize people, but I believe it was demon, because never before have I been so completely and utterly terrified.

Other hauntings by tasgea

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tasgea, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
I like reneespring's comments because they are thoughtful. A twist that some might not be thinking at the moment that puts a new stir on the story.
babyjesus (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-06)
I know where that is! I live in diamond hill. I think ill stay away
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
Hello tasgea I loved the story. Ohh that reminds me of another creature story on here that I just read about a different orange eyed monster.

"Orange Eyes" by Ocsana. Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=3394
That story took place in Alabama about something called a "Plat Eye."

I just put that in there because seeing an entity with orange eyes seems to be pretty unusual. I think what you saw was some type of non-human spirit. Maybe even a nature spirit of some type, and remember not all nature spirits are cute and cuddly like a little fairy. I don't often see non-human type entities but the few times that I have its usually at night in a desolate place or deserted road. I don't think they like human company that much hence they are usually seen in out of the way places. From what I have read and experienced these type of spirits tend to try to frighten people, but is it because they are necessarily evil or is it because maybe they are territorial of their space and feel like it was invaded? Hmm... Just a few thoughts that I've had.

-Sydney
❤ 😊 ❤
diva (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Very interesting and scary story. I grew up in Lake Worth since age 4 and love to hear others' experiences with the Goatman.

And not to stretch out the issue but I do just happen to love spelling words with the English "ou," as in colour, favourite, and honour.;)
tasgea (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
Ahh This is really to Louie who spoke of the "Goat man." The Goat Man presides within the area of Lake Worth, the same place we saw this demon/creature. Of course, several people were eye witnesses and there was another occurence where the witnesses stated that "Goat Man" threw a tire at them from a higher cliff. There have been several unacclaimed letters sent to newspapers and authorities stating that "I am the one who dressed up at the Goat man." and so on. (This is other writer, just to let you know.) Gea
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
That story just got me really scared O-O
I'm looking behind myself every second now XD
I'm suddenly glad I don't live in Texas ><
louie (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Your story brought back a childhood memory of when I lived in Texas, A goatman or something I remember hearing about it I was so scared that it would come to our house! We lived in outskirts of Houston it was around late 60's early 70's!
tasgea (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
It is spelled 'colour' because I like to spell it that way, not because I am from or have any affiliations with the U.K. I have also been nefariously known to spell 'theater' as 'theatre'.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Haha ok now it's the *reneespring issue*. I'm guilty... Anyway, this was a very weird story indeed. I would be crying with fear if I saw such a monster! I don't know if it was a demon or not, but it sounds like it was some sort of otherworldly being. Just my two cents. Sorry for offending so many. Peace.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Yikes that was a creepy story 😨 I was thinking it could be a big foot sighting as well. Do you know if there were any reports of unusual sightings in the area that year? Animal or Demon either way I could imagine how terrified you both were to see something like that. Thank goodness you didn't stick around to investigate it. If you have plans to go back there, please be careful! Thank you so much for sharing your story, and Best wishes to you and your friend. 😊

On a side note: I have to agree with the others on the reneespring issue. If you are going to comment on someone's story please stick to the subject at hand.
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Pardon my spelling... I mean I also felt a presence near the tree...:l I hate double posting but it's for your information:)
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
I believe that's a demon too. I've seen a demon... O.o in a graveyard... Many folks back in my town I was just living in small country town, say they seen a demon they call Chester. I went with some friends who see it all the time and I walked around for awhile and they claimed to see it in front of someone. I looked up and I did see a purplish tall figure standing in front of my friend. I felt a eerie presence. Truly creepy. I always felt a random cold spot near a tree there and saw white glowing figures next to me... >.>
Vincent67 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Either a physical manifest of a past human... (Demon) Or a being similar to or is a bigfoot... I couldn't really tell you anything, since I'm no expert with Demons, and nor am I with a Bigfoot in Texas.

By the way, Reneespring... Lay off. I use colour more than I use color and I'm not from UK, nor a UK family.
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
It sounds like a demon to me. I would df. Stay away from that area.

By the way Renespring. Your recent comments have been kind of rude. So just stop. Plz

Awsome story!
Tori ❤
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
Syeetaque,I agree with you on the other possibilities. I was just hitting on the one most likely.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
Oli, this last post of mine is not about grammar, but about location. Why say you are in Texas if you are in the UK? Well, maybe this person moved from the UK or Canada, which is what I wanted to know.

But ty, your point is well taken;)
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
greenpondmike
Yeah, I believe there's a possibility...
I believe bigfoots exist like you do...
Even the place where I come from there are some sightings. But, there could be other possibilities... 😊
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
No,but I have been in the woods and seen some strange signs and sounds and felt like I was being watched. Since I like hunting and being in the woods I figured that I needed to do some research to see what was out there besides myself and what I was hunting. I have spent many, many hours on the net researching bigfoot and any other possible booger in the woods including haunted woods. I wanted to know this stuff so I wouldn't be caught off guard. I don't claim to be an expert, but I can identify probable bigfoot encounters when I spot them. I don't believe that it is a demon. Why would a demon avoid two young ladies unprepaired to do battle with it? If it was a demon, the LORD JESUS sent an angel to protect you without you knowing.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
greenpond mike
Have you ever met any? Or any other creatures?
I'd like to know...
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
Sounds like another "classic" bigfoot encounter. Orange eyes,big,muscular,walks on two legs, human like,doesn't like light-especially bright light and a feeling of fear projected on anybody that is in the same area that he (or she) is in. One fellow who saw bigfoot claimed that it looked like the devil. Just my $0.02-I hope that I didn't offend anyone. It was probably afraid of you too or at least afraid of what you would do if you got too close to it's family (if it had one) so it projected fear on you and your friend. If it wanted to get you it probably would have gotton you. Seems like it would rather scare you than hurt you but don't push your luck if you go back and still feel it.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Not to be rude, but renee your recent posts have been pointless. This is not grammar school, so please take that somewhere else. Remember, no one likes a pedant 😜.

Anyways, very interesting story. It definitely sounds like both of you encountered some sort of demon. I hope that's the last you saw of it lol.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
You spelled "color", "colour", so why do you say you live in the US? You must be from Canada or the UK...
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
I do believe that it is a demon. I suggest you drop the habit of driving around that time. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: