You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Cat Upstairs

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Cat Upstairs

 

My family moved into our home 10 years ago. The people we bought the house from only had a dog when we bought the place and yet I found a litter box in the closet upstairs and some cat food. We had 4 cats so I cleaned out the closet good in case there were fleas.

Soon after we moved in, I would be in the closet hanging up clothes, and hear one of our cats run up the stairs. Or so I thought. I'd look out of the closet but nothing would be there. This happened a lot and still happens.

Then one night I was lying in our bed trying to sleep, when I felt one of the cats jump up on the bed. I had my back to the door so I didn't see which one it was. It walked behind my back and lay down. I looked around to see which of our cats it was but there was nothing there.

We adopted another cat that was a stray and I brought him into our room until the other cats could get use to him. He was fine on our bed, but refused to get on the floor. He is still very cautious coming into our room. He'll look all around the floor before he dares to come in. He creeps slowly through the bedroom door, jumps up on the chair by the door, then on to our bed to get in the room.

I'm not afraid of our ghost cat. I now welcome it when I feel it jump up on the bed. I just say, "Hello, ghost kitty. Are you going to sleep with me?" It walks up beside me and lies down, and I'll fall asleep.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blueeyedlightning, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Wyndfyre (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
That's kind of cute, really, despite the fact that it's a ghost cat.:)
You could try contacting the original owners of the house if you want to know more about the cat, maybe ask what its name was so you could try and get it to respond to you.
The owners probably only had a dog at the time you bought it but if there was a litter box and cat food...
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Awwwww, that's so cute! ❤ Maybe you could get your ghost kitty some toys-I bet he/she would like that! 😁
Stacier90 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Aw, it sounds like he only wants a companion. He seems to have taken to you and I would consider it a privelidge.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
I like book_luver123's suggestion of Casper. 😁
Have you ever seen the cat's apparation? If so, how did the cat look?
Have you tried asking neighbours or past owners about the cat?
Keep us updated.

God Bless.
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Spooky! I agree ^^:) I love animals... And when my kitten ran away in Feb. Of this year, I was deeply saddened but one day a month later I heard purring coming from the radiator it used to sleep on and a paper behind me fell right after that. No one else was in the room but me and my mom and her boyfriend were asleep. Whether he passed on or not, I believe that that was his presence saying, "Hey I miss you too.":)
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
can you see the ghost kitty? I'm curious on how it looks like... I miss my cat so much... 😭
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Spooky sounds cool. If its a male consider the name Casper, like Casper the friendly ghost. Casper actually does actually mean ghost. 😆If it is a girl try Elysia. It comes from Elysium, the name of the realm of the dead in Greek and Roman mythology, which means "blissful". And if you are really unsure if it is a boy or girl try Vivian. Vivian means Alive. ❤
blueeyedlightning (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
I wish I knew how it died.😢 It's such a mystery. Yes, mortal cats are more fun. I just want this ghost cat to know he's welcome here.
I love any kind of cat stories, so I'll be sure to get the book The Inhabited World by David Long. Sounds cool.
Got any ideas as to what I can name him/her? I'm open for suggestions. I was thinking of maybe Spooky. 😁
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
wow... I think it cool for you not to be freaked out by the ghost kitty... 😉
However I refer live and mortal cats though... Don't you think that it died before its nine lives getting used up? 😊
LacyValentine (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Aaaw. What a sweet ghost guest to have. I think you would like a novel called The Inhabited World by David Long. It has a ghost kitty in it.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
I suggest that ghost kitty gets a name other then what you are calling it. It is cool that you are not afraid. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: