You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Creepy Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Encounter

 

This happened not so many months ago, at about 7am in the morning.

I live with my dad and his job has working hours from about 3am to 9-11am. So during that time I am alone.

Usually I'd be asleep at this time, but this particular morning I was awake on msn chatting to a friend.

I noticed the sun was starting to rise and I was getting tired so I decided to log off and try to sleep.

I was already in bed, as I was using my laptop and my cat Moses was asleep at the end of my bed on my feet.

So I lay my head down and close my eyes and almost straight after I hear some creaking type noise coming from the Living room. Our house isn't big and my bed room is right next to the living room, plus my door was ajar for the cat to enter and exit.

I don't know why but this sudden creaking made me feel uneasy, and everything seemed very quiet and still.

For a short time I held my breath listening to this sound and it then sounded like it moved all the way up

To my bed room door, then into my room right by my bed. I have this beside set of drawers that I have a lot of junk on and all of sudden it started to creak. As if there were something heavy sitting or standing on top.

It had never made this noise before and by now I was frozen in bed listening intently.

I was lying on my side, facing the wall so my back was toward the drawers, I had my eyes closed and most of my head was under the blankets. I did not want to see or hear anything that would confirm that there was indeed something right by me.

Then I felt something... On my bed behind me I felt little dents or steps, exactly like my cat makes when he walks on my bed. At this moment, I was relieved, for a second anyway. Thinking it was just Moses walking around, even though the steps were kind of slow and faint.

I was terrified when I remembered that he was actually sleeping at the end of my bed, and I could still feel the weight of him on my feet. For a minute I was hoping that he did get up, and what I felt on my feet still, was just the weight of my heavy blankets.

I held on to that hope until the 'steps' stopped. I was feeling better, and a just a little bit braver, so I popped my head out from underneath and peered at my feet to see if the cat was still there... He was, fast asleep too.

He hadn't moved at all. This scared me... What was that moving by me then?

Just as I hid under my blankets again it come back, but this time it was much closer, and felt as if a hand was patting down the blanket right by my back. I was completely frozen with fear; I wasn't breathing or moving, thinking that maybe it might leave if it thought I was asleep.

I was terrified, wishing it were later, and that my dad would be home soon. Then about 2 minutes later, a car pulled up in the neighbor's driveway, and the lights shone on my window. That's when it stopped for good... Or at least I think it did. I fell asleep not long after that, and woke up late. I told my dad but he laughed like usual when I say something slightly ridiculous.

I've had a few other little things happen in this house, like a tap turning on full blast by itself, and the bathroom mirror sliding open while I was showering. But those occurrences didn't scare me like this one did.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SteggyAU, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Honestly? The fact that my cat was still sleeping at the foot of my bed and had not so much as twitched a whisker would have relieved me, not sent me into another panic.
Animals are very good sensors. They can see, hear and feel things that the average human can not. In that he was still right where you last saw him, I would say that you were quite safe.
The tap turning on full blast, depending on which kind of handle you have, could be anything from built up pressure to needing a new washer in the faucet itself. The bathroom mirror sliding (I am assuming it goes side to side on a track) is a mite more hard to explain.
If this were me, I would keep an eye on my cat. IF he does not appear in the least interested, you have nothing to worry about. IF he goes into a tailspin and clamps himself to the ceiling, THEN I would worry.
Thank you.
SteggyAU (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
oh & to sakamoto,
I don't really consider my house to be haunted, its pretty normal. But yes small things have happened but not very much and they're not frightening at all. I do get the feeling of a presence or being watched often but that's not just in my house and it could be just a feeling?
SteggyAU (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
hey thanks for the comments.😁
After that night I didn't sleep in my room for about 3 days lol but eventually the couch got too uncomfortable.
I haven't experienced that since, but my boyfriend said he felt something similar in there while I was asleep. He said he thought it was my cat also, or something sliding off the bed. It was neither.
Joojoodolly (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
That is really creepy! But it didn't actually seem too bad, it might have been checking on you or tucking you in. But I still agree that is one wierd experience, I bet it was so relieving when you saw the headlights!
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
Well All I can say is least you never had to go threw that again. If it does happen again it is always best to state that you do not like their presence. ❤
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
Wow! That is certainly terrifying! I wonder what the hell it was & what it was going to do? I would never be able to sleep in there again if I were you! YIKES! 😲 ❤
wertona9 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-31)
Ah, you use the exact same strategy as I do when something happens when I'm trying to sleep 😆 How often do the small things happen, and how many have happened before this did? Some spirits work through patterns, and sometimes we never know what they are, so knowing them early on can be good. 😉

Sakamoto ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: