You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadowy Tall Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadowy Tall Man

 

Basically, I'm a normal teenage boy. I stay in my room listening to music or watching TV most of the time. I don't smoke drugs are drink lots, but sometimes I get really freaked out by what I see.

I have seen this 'thing' around seven times around my nana's house, It is usually when I am doing something, like watching TV or working, but most of the time it is when I have been going off to sleep. I have seen other things in my nana's house (I moved here after my parents divorced), but I will share them another time. I will give you one or two examples of when I have seen 'it'.

One night in I think it was something November, I had been asleep. I woke up just after midnight, and felt sick. As I was half asleep, I didn't take everything in, just that there was someone next to my bed (I thought it was my aunt who resides here also), when I feel sick and I'm in bed, I like to read as it distracts my mind. I asked who I thought to be my aunty for a book because I felt like I was going to be sick. The person (I thought it was my aunt), passed me a book over, and that's all I remember because I must have fallen back to sleep as soon as I got it. The next morning I said thank you to my aunty for giving me the book, but she said she hadn't come in at all. Thinking maybe it was my Granddad I asked him if it was him, he said no. My dad was away, my sister lives with my mum and my nana has a bad hip so couldn't sit down like the person was. That was when I got creeped out.

Another time was when I woke up in the middle of the night and a tall figure and the only way you could describe it was 'shadowy', again because I was half asleep I didn't take it all in and I remember it as not having a face, as in, it was just shadows.

Got to go to bed now because school is tomorrow but will write more soon!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, johnpie2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Casp3r (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
the spirit you are seeing may be a relative from long ago or maybe just someone who feels a connection to you. If this spirit hasn't gave you any bad feelings then its probably good. This spirit may be watching over you also. Maybe you should try talking to him. It might reveal something and then maybe you would understand his pressence better.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
The shadow you have is quite helpful. If you see it again say hello. You never know the outcome. ❤
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Like Hope said: the figures could easily have been your imagination seeing as you were half asleep. Although the book could be some proof, I think a few more stories might help us believe.
Seeing as you were feeling ill during the first time this 'Shadow' visited you, it may be some sort of Guardian Angel.
How did you feel during the other visits? Healthy or slightly unwell? Did these 'Shadows' give off a calm or threatening feeling?
Write more soon.

God Bless.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
As far as I've read, the shadow man seems nice and helpful. But you mention in both of these accounts that you were half asleep. Being half asleep doesn't exactly make me believe that this shadow man was there. I'm not calling him a 'figment of your imagination' just yet as I have yet to read your other encounters with him. From what I've read though, he seems pretty real. Write more soon!

-Hope

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: