You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Negative Manifestation

Real Ghost Stories

Negative Manifestation

 

Please before you read this, you need to read my other story Melanie, thanks.

After the untimely death of Melanie my other friend Beth was completely grief stricken, she was in an even worse state than me she could barely speak she was that depressed. Every day I would walk across town to her house to talk to her and see how she was, and every day she simply broke down and collapsed in my arms. I wasn't sure if she'd get through the event. After a week or two she started to make progress and as we were both sat on her bed, reminiscing about the times we used to share when she broke down again weeping into my shoulder when I saw a figure, a black figure standing in the doorway. As I looked at the figure it slowly drifted to the right, towards the staircase. When Beth eventually stopped crying I told her I was going for a drink.

I walked down the stairs in pursuit of the figure, when I saw it stood in the kitchen and when I looked into the black space where its face should have been and I felt utter despair, I fell to the floor, tears rolling down my face and I let out a scream of eternal depression and the figure disappeared.

Beth then fled down the stairs to see why I had screamed.

"What's wrong!" she asked.

"I saw, I saw... Never mind" I uttered smiling to myself.

Over the next few days Beth suddenly became much happier in herself; I couldn't help but think that it was something to do with the figure as if it was amplifying her negative energy.

Any comments appreciated.

Other hauntings by chunkygut1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chunkygut1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
That figure may or may not have been evil:\
Since Beth was gaining happiness, I don't think it was evil, it could have just been a ghost that couldn't manifest itself enough to show any more than a shadow.
Or it could have been attracted to Beth's depression and come to strive off of it, but that doesn't seem likely to me.:\
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
People assume because it is black it's something evil. That is not the case. It simply means the entity could not fully manifest.
Grief can cause odd things to happen to the psyche. Manifestations can be reflections of inner turmoil. Not saying this is the case with what you experienced but whatever it was it ended up being a positive thing.
Casp3r (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
some people mistake negative energy because they don't know what they are feeling. This manifestation could possible have been your friend passing on. This could have been negative energy yes, but I think if you two immediatly started feeling better it could have been your friend passing on in peace and helping you both to move on. I think your friend would not want you to forget her but to remember the good times and celebrate the life she had instead of grieving her to the point of harming yourselves. That's just my feeling though, I hope it helps in some way.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Well I think that after screaming you got rid the negative feelings from that figure.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, Melanie. 😭
I think the figure may have been attracted to Beth's negative feelings, then it only seemed to increase the depression during it's stay.
I'm glad it left and your friend is feeling slightly better. 😊

God Bless.
Miss_Cannabis (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
This was a very good story, I enjoyed it alot. Its good that your friend is now getting a bit happier now:).

God bless

Xo
- Miss Cannabis
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Why did you call it a negative Manifestation when in fact what this dark shadow did was, by the sounds of it, make you both overcome the sadness and hurt you felt by the loss of your friend.

Nice story regardless.

Thank you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: