You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: She Whispered Into My Ear

Real Ghost Stories

She Whispered Into My Ear

 

We've been living in our current house for almost six years now. The house is new. We are the very first owners. However, my family and I have been experiencing some scary occurrences. But luckily, the happenings are not frequent.

Let me start with my own experiences. Once, I was sleeping soundly in my room. At 3am or so (I guess, considering the darkness and I felt I'd been sleeping for quite some time; note that we experience equal time of day and night), suddenly, I woke up for no reason. Immediately, I felt somebody or something whispering into my right ear, clearly a voice of woman, It wasn't only the voice that creeped me out, but I felt the mouth lowering near my ear as well! I was already fully awake. That's when I realised I couldn't move a single muscle and I felt a presence standing behind me on the right side of the bed (I slept in a single bed, with the left side closed onto the wall; I slept facing the wall on my left).

I tried to ask for God's protection against this being, but to my horror, I couldn't even wriggle my tongue! I could breathe properly (as far as I remember), but not able to speak or move. I wanted it gone, but there was nothing I could do about it. I tried so hard to speak, and after a great effort and several attempts, finally I could speak. I asked God for protection from this being. And immediately, as soon as I prayed, I could wriggle my toes. The presence that I felt was already gone, and GOD, I was relieved! Then I stayed in my body posture, not daring to look back in case if I saw something shocking, and after a long time I fell back to sleep (in that pose, see how scared I was!). That was my scariest experience so far.

My second experience happened not a year after that. It was late in the morning, about 1 or 2am in the morning. I couldn't sleep, so I went to the living room, lounging on the couch watching the outdoor surrounding (we have a pair of sliding door panels, covering the whole surface facing the small front garden; note that the door is shut). I was lounging lazily on the couch when my eyes suddenly caught a movement in my next door neighbour's porch. It was a man, wearing some sort of cream coloured shirt. I could only see the upper part of the man though. He was dark skinned, but sort of a little bit pale. I just assumed that the man was my neighbour's guest, even though I wondered what he was doing there after midnight alone.

Then I saw him lingering around the porch. My neighbour didn't seem to be aware of the presence of their 'guest'. The way he moved was what scared me. He didn't walk like normal people like us do, but instead, he was hopping around. Have you ever seen Chinese horror movies featuring the Chinese vampires? They hop. This guy hopped like the Chinese vampires do, but without the arms holding out stiff to the front. I was like glued to the couch for a while and finally, I gathered my strength and dashed to my room, not daring to slam the door. I don't know how or when I fell asleep but when I finally woke up, it was already morning.

My sister had some experiences herself. Compared to my encounters, hers are way scarier. She actually saw a white apparition hovering over her at night when she was in bed. This happened several times. Sometimes, she would see something passing by our window although this is actually impossible as we have fence around our house and an automatic gate only in front of our house. And everyone was inside at that time. She could be sensitive towards these supernatural beings, just like our mom. That is as far as I can conclude.

As for my dad, he had a sleep paralysis too last year. He didn't believe me as I told him about my sleep paralysis a few years back, but when he experienced it himself, I think he is starting to believe me. Anyway, he wouldn't tell me the details. My mother who is possibly sensitive towards these beings (refer to the previous story), hasn't told me of anything yet. Maybe she had something but it might be that she wouldn't want to scare us so, so far nothing yet.

But let me tell you about my cousin's sleepover at our home. She was about my sister's age, so she stayed the night in my sister's room. In the middle of the night suddenly she woke up from her sleep, crying (seriously, at the age of 10, it was unusual for children to wake up crying for no reason; she was a very mature kind of person, having her mom passed away when she was very young). My sister woke up and asked her why was she crying, but she wouldn't tell. They went back to sleep. The next morning, she told us all (only then I came to know what happened the night before) about what she experienced that night. She was in a deep sleep when somebody screamed into her ear. I froze. It happened just the way I woke up to the whispering in the middle of the night (but I didn't tell her this as I don't want her to be scared of staying at my house, nor did my family members).

Just to clear up things a bit. We still live in that house and we won't move out because that is the first and the only house we own. It's been a year since the last encounter (I don't know if there are new happenings in the house because currently I'm not staying there). Now if I go back home during the end of semester breaks, I sleep in my sister's room (now considered as my room as well) but nothing has happened yet, so far. Recently, we hired an Indonesian maid and currently she's staying in my room and so far nothing happened (we never told her about my sleep paralysis experience because she gets freaked easily). My cousin still comes during school holidays for a sleepover but never experienced anymore encounter.

I hope you enjoy the story, and feedbacks are always welcome.

Thank you!

Other hauntings by -_Syeetaque_-

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, -_Syeetaque_-, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

trueword (1 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
I believe you Syeetaque. I had similar experiences like you just recently on this year and 2 years back. First experience was when I was sleeping in my house, it was around 6am, I feel my bed, which was double decker, has been moved a little, but I ignored it because I thought would be my cat. Then it moved again but I still ignored it. Then I felt my mattress being sank a little bit seems like something on it. Then I felt my waist (I was sleeping on my side) being pressed, and I heard a female voice asked me "Is it fast? Haha, haha, haa..." The female voice was my mum's voice thou. I totally couldn't move at the time until the voice gone. Second experience was also when I'm sleeping, around 8am at that time, I felt my waist being pressed, and I heard female voice (my mum's voice) again. She spoke some spells on my ear, 3 times, very powerful tone. I was able to move after she gone. Third experience, also around 7am, I felt same voice spoke some spells on my ear. That was different spells with last one. After she spokes she blow an air on my neck then she gone. 3 times, and she imitated my mum's voice 3 times. I told to my mum about this on last month, that was my first time to talk about this to her. She said it reminds her that when she was young she used to pray a thailand buddha, who got the four faces that one. When she did the praying, she spoke some spells and then blow an air which is the custom... I don't know why this happened to me, why she follows me, even I'm in overseas? I have no idea...
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
And Snooo: I was too naive back when these things occur, so I didn't notice whether any of these experiences occur on a certain significant date or not... But it seems not likely, or I would have remembered that date clearly... ❤
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
And, oh... TigerLily... Seems that I accidentally left out a question from you... Hmmmm, I think my dad wouldn't tell his experience (still I hope he will)... He's being very skeptical about this sleep paralysis stuff if his children were the ones who experience it (maybe I was just being young at that time)... However, he was the one who told me that my mom had a sleep paralysis in her sleep (refer 'The Haunted House I've Been Living In')...
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Snooo:
I don't plan on talking to these entities... I believe (it's only what I practically stand for) if we don't mess with them, then they won't mess with us... That's why if my friends would go on a ghost hunt, I wouldn't join them but I wasn't against it or anything... It's just for myself to stay out of trouble... I think what we do or say might cause them to feel their space invaded, and this is what cause them to haunt us or follow us home... That's basically looking for trouble... Hahah... 😆
Um, therefore I don't plan on talking to them because so far, it has been more than one year they left my family alone... 😁...
And ooooh... What's with the 'Syeeta' stuff? Hahah... It's not that I'm upset with that or anything... It's just funny because it's one part of my real name that folks around me never called me that... 😆
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Thanks for the coment there, TigerLily, Snooo 😊...

TigerLily: Firstly, when I heard the entity's whisper, I didn't recall it to be sad or anything... I thought it sounded like it wanted to give me a spook... Or maybe it was just me being too shocked from my first encounter... 😆
It was about three years ago, at first I could remember what it said, but a week or so after that, I started to wonder what it said to me... I really suffer from bad memory... Hahah... And I won't tell anything that I couldn't recall to avoid misinformation... ❤ The entity just gave her a horror scream... It was a female voice... And I just came to conclusion that this came from the same entity... However it might be that there are more tha one culprit behind this...
Snooo (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
ah, I asked a question already asked. 😐 How did I not see that?

Ozzy. I don't believe that. I've talked to a lot of ghosts/spirits. Nothing bad ever happened to me though.

Syeeta. If you do consider contacting the spirits. Go with YOUR gut feeling. Because it's mostly right. If you feel that it would make things worse, then don't do it. If you feel like you could solve a couple of things, than go ahead.
Snooo (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Oh,hi.I see you here too Tiger. You said much that I was about to say.
Syeeta
It seems that there are entities that observe you and your family.
Did you understand what the woman said?
By your story I understand that everything happened a year apart. If so, then I guess there is a special time or so, when these things happen in your household to someone.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Just a few questions:
When this woman was speaking into your ear, what sort of emotions were displayed in her voice? Does that make sense? 😕
The scream that your cousin heard, was it like somebody screaming a word/phrase or just 'horror screaming'? Did it sound male or female?
Do you think your dad will ever fully describe his sleep paralysis? I would love to hear it.
Sorry for all the questions. 😳 Keep us posted.

God Bless.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
thanks for your comments, ozzy, book_luver123...
Ozzy: yes, I don't fear them as I basically consider them as a God's creatures, once alive or dead... This comes to conclusion that God is far more powerful and stronger than them. However, I'd hate to get a fright from these beings. Yes, I'd get a fright if I wasn't ready for something but then it happened suddenly. That moment when I felt the entity standing behind me, basically I wasn't ready to see the being. The important thing is not to show your fear nor boast about not being afraid of them. That's what I practically stand for, up until now. ❤

Book_luver123:
It was like when someone practically lowered her mouth near your ear until you could feel her warm breath on your earlobe... It was that real... I couldn't remember what she said (because this occured three years ago when I was 16... I am 19 now) but it was sort of a young woman's voice, about in her early 20's... Yup, I'd tell you guys if anymore weird stuff happens... 😉
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Weird. Can you describe how the voice was speaking to you. Tell us if anymore things happen.
ozzy (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
wow that's weird but three am is considered when the spirit world is most active I don't think theyll harm you but don't get scared or talk about them that's considered to make them stronger
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
special thanks to surya and others who commented in my previous story and the ones who have been curiously waiting for this one... ❤ this is for you guys!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: