You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Music Room Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

The Music Room Spirits

 

This happened to me when I was five or six years old (I'm now 20). It's the first experience that I have had with a HUMAN entity (or entities in this case), and only the third paranormal experience I had ever had in my life. Before you decide to comment saying that I don't know what I'm talking about or that I'm lying because you don't remember when you were five, let me say that's just you. I have an extremely acute memory from early childhood. I remember little things in detail from as far back as when I was 3 years old. So please don't leave me rude comments.

I was at school during the day, in first grade and the class had just entered the music building. Our school was not one huge building full of classrooms, but a bunch of little buildings spread out. Each little building was divided up into one or two classrooms with a bathroom in the middle (depending on the size of the building). The music building was small, so it was only one classroom without a bathroom. There was only one way in and one way out if you don't include the windows. This may not seem important right now, but it will make sense later.

We had all just sat down in the semi-circle around the teacher, and she was singing a song to us. We were on the floor and she sat on a chair in front of us. In the semi-circle, I was off to the side, farthest from the door, so I had a perfect view of it. The teacher's desk was pushed against the wall with the door on it, right in front of a window, and there was an adult-sized chair right beside the desk. The chair was probably about 9 feet away from the door. It was empty when I entered the classroom.

About halfway through class, something different caught my eye and I looked forward and saw a woman sitting in the empty chair by the teacher's desk. But really, she wasn't the weird part. She looked totally normal, solid and everything. She had light brown hair that looked like it had been braided a day before, because it was very even, but loosely curled. Her skin was lightly tanned (the typical Caucasian colour) and she looked to be about 30-35 years old. She was thin, and wore a pair of casual jeans and a light sweat-shirt. Looking back, I think the sweater was brown but I can't remember.

The weird part was that she had a child on her lap. He looked way different from her. He was still solid, but his skin was paper-white and he had dark lines under his eyes, which were closed like he was sleeping. The boy appeared to be about three or four years old and was dressed for a very cold winter. He had on snow boots, heavy pants, a coat and a winter hat on his head. The lady had him wrapped in a knitted-looking blanket. His mouth was open a little bit, and he didn't make any movement, except that the lady was rocking him.

At the time, I knew that she wasn't a teacher (because of the way she was dressed) and that he wasn't a student here, but I didn't think anything else of it. I was just a little girl and didn't put two and two together. But I still remember it like it was yesterday, and reflecting on the details I now know that neither of them were on this plane any longer. The teacher didn't look at or speak to the woman and none of the kids noticed her. The classroom doors in this school were very heavy and loud when they opened and closed, so if she would have come in through the door I would have seen her, and everyone else would have heard her. That wasn't the case. I know for a fact she didn't come through the door.

She was just sitting quietly, rocking the little boy forward and backward. She didn't look happy or sad, her face was totally blank. It appeared that she was looking at me, but she wasn't. She was looking through me. I don't think that she noticed any of us in that room with her, just like most of the people in the room didn't notice her in the room with them. She wasn't out of view to the teacher and the half of the class that didn't have their back to her. They would have seen her, but didn't. She sat there the entire time that I was in class. When we left to go back to the first grade building, she was still right there in that chair. This happened two times during the school year, both on very warm days, because I remember I was dressed for summer both days.

I still to this day have no idea who she was or why she was there. I don't know why the little boy was dressed so heavily, especially on a hot day. My town is in southern Nevada. It doesn't get that cold here during winter. Nothing would make dressing that heavily valid, even in the winters. We get maybe one day of snow if we are lucky. I'm still at a loss for meaning here. Why would they be at my school? There's no way the little boy could have been a student there, ever. He was too young.

Other hauntings by ChildOfTheLotus

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChildOfTheLotus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
I'm almost positive that she was the little boy's mother, just the way she rocked him reminded me of my own mom when I was a toddler.

I was up thinking about this last night, and I thought, maybe she wasn't depressed because their spirits were together again. That may have been why she was so relaxed.
Snooo (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Could be. The black bags under the childs eyes would suggest a serious illness or the fact that he could not sleep. And that could kill a young child easily. (which is in some cases summed up as an illness).

But the relaxation is still not explained.

And the blank stare thing. She didn't have to be depressed to have a blank stare. Some people just naturally have that.😐

Lotus, you could actually try and contact her through something. Just keep her in mind when trying to find contact. Works for me. I don't know about you though.

((Tiger, I noticed I stumble upon a lot of stories where you have commented.))
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Maybe, like Lotus said, they could have been 'completely geographically lost' in the desert. The child may have been ill and the woman was searching for help. Eventually the child may have passed away, and the woman was so depressed she couldn't seem to feel emotion any longer (Explains the blank stare).
Just another theory.

God Bless.
Snooo (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
-shrug- Bandit, it could have been so. But how do you explain the clothing?
If someone experiences shock, their face would be blank, but not relaxed. So...
Then again who knows what happened right?

Lotus, try searching wider? It also could have been that that place was that womans favorite place before your school was built there.
I'm not going to sprout any more theories.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
I completely agree with Snooo's theory. It fits perfectly and makes sense.
Banditadi's theory could also be likely. 😕 I'm not sure myself. Sorry.

God Bless.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Banditadi, that would make a lot of sense. Since he didn't move and he looked so white, and her face was blank and relaxed, she could have fallen due to shock or heart failure. I just have no idea why they decided that my music room was a good place.

Perhaps she really enjoyed the company of children and wanted to be in a place where there were a lot of them having fun? Odd though that she didn't seem to notice any of us.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Weird. Sorry but I have no idea. I agree with banditadi, it sort of fits with the blank face.
banditadi (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
There is no doubt it was residual.
But I interpret the scene a bit differently. I think the woman was holding the child's lifeless body (the child wasn't making any moments). The woman must have died from the shock of the loss.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
They could have been ghosts of two people that died around the area, but at the time, we had not had any students that had passed away. But no, the school was not built on top of any other property. Before the school was built, only desert stood where it now stands.

Could they perhaps be some spirits that are completely geographically lost?
outkast13 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
you should check up the history of your school and see if a house of log cabin had been built before it. Maybe it caught fire and the last thing they did was what you saw.
Snooo (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
It could have been that the mother had died there. And the child was still alive when his mother died. The father or other family member (s) taking care of the child could have moved to a place where it snows in winter or gets very cold during winter. The child could have died during that time of the year. (aren't I depressing 😐) And they got re-united where your school was at. You should do some research or something.
Yeah I know I have weird theories. 😐
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
After reading your story, my only thought here is it might be on certain days, both of their world and our world somehow intertwined... Hmmmmmmmm... 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: