You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: White Mass Behind The Building

Real Ghost Stories

White Mass Behind The Building

 

Firstly, I would like to apologize as I have been M.I.A. Well, I am back with another new experience which just happened a few hours ago (I am writing this on March 23rd 2010, 1.00 a.m. Malaysian time). This happened at around 11. 00 p.m. March 22nd, Malaysian time. So here goes.

Right now I am staying in a hostel block which is located next to a jungle. Many of my friends told me that they have been seeing such things as floating figure outside the building, or white figures perching on a tree branch at the edge of the woods looking straight at them. But lucky me I guess, I didn't get to meet any of those beings until a few hours ago.

I was outside the building, talking to my boyfriend on the phone. I was walking around the building at the same time as I love to walk while talking on the phone. When I got to the backyard of the hostel building, where the clothing lines are, I suddenly noticed that the surroundings has become unusually foggy. I noticed a sudden drop of temperature too. Instinctively, I looked up and saw a white mass in the form of smoke, floating quickly into the building. This mass was denser than the fog, it was clear. It was floating about five storeys over my head, see how clear it was.

I decided not to waste time, so I hurried into the building, and told my boyfriend what I saw. I wasn't scared though. But still I felt something bad was going to happen if I didn't enter the building quickly. I wanted to avoid anything bad from it, that's why I left. So that was what happened a few hours ago. Although I wasn't scared of the thing that I saw outside just now, but still I do not wish to encounter anymore of those.

Any feedback and comments are much welcomed.

Other hauntings by -_Syeetaque_-

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, -_Syeetaque_-, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
I still am looking forward to opinions:) I am sorry if the comment that I made is offensive in any sense. I really do respect other people's opinions.

Take care and stay safe:)
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
Oh... Sorry... It's not that I am not open to other's feedbacks, just I stand up for what I believe in:) I still respect other's opinions:) don't worry:)
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Oh, sorry one more thing I wanted to comment on is that, it doesn't matter if you "believe" in any thing, just because you don't believe doesn't mean it's not true. Also on the same token, just because you believe doesn't make it true. Do you know what I mean? Things are what they are weather or not we believe.

~~LSD~~
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
I don't know, I like Devious' theory about something trying to get you inside so nothing could hurt you outside, To me that seems the most logical. But you don't seem open to any ones suggestion, which makes me wonder why you welcomed feedback &/or comments. So I don't really have much else to say. Bless you & yours.

~~LSD~~
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Nah... I don't think it's a guardian angel, since I am a Muslim, so I don't believe in guardian angels. As for me, God Himself is the one that protects me as he protects other people. But it's okay since I'm open about other religions too, I respect your beliefs:) Well, I am pretty sure the land where our hostel used to be a forest. But yeah, history goes for a long time, so who knows what was there before history. Well, about the history of the building, there was a Chinese girl who hung herself on one of the clothing lines. I am not sure how long was that, but yeah, the college principle told us the story himself. But there could be a lot of possibilities since our hostel block is located just next to the forest. There are lots of supernatural beings residing there I believe (in the forest I mean).
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Ah, this sounds like a Malaysian version of the aswang from Filipino legend. I suppose it's possible that it could be that, or... It may have been a guardian spirit, trying to get you to go inside so that nothing bad happened to you outside. Has anything bad ever happened to someone on the land? Do you know what was there before the hostel?
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Um, how would I put this? According to Malay beliefs, that white mist that I saw is a form of vampire called Pontianak in Malay. I don't think its a residual haunting. And I wasn't startled. I was just avoiding it because I had a feeling if I stayed, something bad could happen.

Let me give a brief explanation of Pontianaks. Pontianaks are believed to originate from dead pregnant women and also women that died from labour. These beings are some kind of vampire that love to perch on trees, and laugh with a piercing and screeching voice. They feed on blood, but I am not really sure on how they obtain blood from living creatures. They love to possess people, that was why I avoided it.

Thanks for your comment, and take care:)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
The misty figure you saw may have been a residual haunting, something that existed on the land before the hostel was built. Generally they are not intelligent hauntings but just sort of "after-images" of things that happened there before. That's pretty cool that you got to see it, but I understand why you were startled!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: