You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Haunting All My Life

Real Ghost Stories

Haunting All My Life

 

Where to start... Ok, so here it goes.

When I was little I used to see this ghost dog around my house between the age of 3 and 8. I told my parents but they said "just ignore it" or "it will go away" but it didn't. So a few nights of the years when I was small there would be this black shaggy dog barking and jumping up at my bed I screamed when ever I saw it. My mum would come in and sit on my bed and I'd try and get to sleep.

About a year ago (when I was 15) I asked my mum about it and she said that she saw the ghost dog as well when I screamed. So that's why she didn't turn the lights on.

Recently (on my 17 birthday last Friday) I have been feeling really edgy. I can't stay in the house on my own anymore. Where ever I walk around my house I feel as though someone's watching me. I see thing out of the corner of my eye, but I know they are not really there. I need to sleep with the TV and light on all night because there is a scratching sound coming from under the door and a panting sound in front of my face.

I don't know how to make it go away.

Another time was when I was at my grans sleeping over me and my gran where watching TV in the morning and it sounded like there was someone banging around and opening and closing cupboards in the kitchen. I went to look and there was nothing there. I heard it and my gran heard it and she doesn't believe in ghosts but she thinks the house is haunted.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shadowfang153, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
In many cultures, a spectral black dog symbolizes death, but in this case it seems very unlikely because it has been around you for so many years. If someone was going to die, it would have happened very soon after the dog first appeared. Plus, the death omen dogs do not typically bark or jump at a person. They sit quietly, and often have yellow eyes.

It may be a sense of foreboding or even just a spirit of a dog. Even spectral dogs can respond to regular dog commands. Try telling it to "shoo" or "go lay down" or "go outside" or even "get!"

See how that works and let us all know. Good luck with it.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
HI Shadowfang: if you have a bad spirit and they are usually inhuman spirits from the spirit world and as I have mentioned before in previous comments they are spirits who have never or never will live on this earth in a phisicail human body they can take any form and cause a lot of problems... True angels and good spirits will never cause problems and are only there to help us and allways rember a good spirit will never ask us to carry out a task for them that's just one way of checking a spirit out I feel this spirit dog is ok though it certinley never harmed you... Did you ever have a dog in the past or was there ever one in the house... Keep me posted...
chicken (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
I've heard that ghosts in the form of "little black dogs" can be a sign of DEATH. I forget where exactly I heard that, but...
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Like Snooo said; this probably isn't just a 'ghost dog'. Maybe you should try getting the house blessed. Reciting the Lord's prayer might also help.
Keep us posted.

God Bless.
Snooo (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
I don't think it's just a ghost dog. Spirits demons and angels can take any form. First of all, you will get this from many,but:don't feel scared that makes them feel superior.
You can overcome this. Even if demons angels and spirits are more powerful than us, but this is still our world. Trust me.
Just breathe and relax. And tell it to go away. That it is not the boss. But you must have confidence in yourself, and feel that you are equal to the dog.
Eh I hope this helps you. If it makes things worse I suggest you find a spell to protect you.
(while writing this I heard scratching noises, my window made a pop sound and my cat got scared and left me alone in this room -shrug- I'm haunted for awhile now. 😐)
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
It just seems to be a ghost dog. Try saying things like "go away" before taking drastic measures.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: