You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Almost Imaginary Mountain Slide

Real Ghost Stories

The Almost Imaginary Mountain Slide

 

Many years ago, there were two girls that lived in the village of Fountain, on the beautiful island of Grenada. They were teenagers that did not believe in ghosts, but that was soon to be changed! They had a job to pick up what is known as Grenada's national spice, nutmeg on the side of a mountain. They heard many stories from the older folks about that part of the mountain being haunted, but they did not believe.

Just about every day, they went to work, but before they worked, they had some fun. They would call the ghosts. But that day, it was not the same. These two children heard things up in the mountain as they never heard before, as if a hurricane was up there and it was coming down, as if coming down to kill them, they ran for their lives until they reached the bottom. They reached down safely but they had to go back up to get the baskets or else they would be punished. They walked up holding hands, got the baskets and ran down and they worked on another side of the mountain. After that, they never went there again.

They are both alive today and one of them is my grandmother, and she lives to tell her true life story!

Other hauntings by Elahie

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
dear Shane

do you believe. I'm not puting it like an offence or anything. I do agree with QueenTas to an extent it does sound kind of fake but only in writing, if my grandmother told you, you would believe
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Take no offense Elahie, remember everyone has their own opinon. Some are going to not believe you while others may. As you stated this was told to you by your grandmother and I am sure that somethings were lost in the translation, not to mention the telling of the story. I am sure QueenTas didn't mean anything bad by her comments, other than the fact she is having a hard time believing the story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
i can't put in all the details QueenTas. I'm only human. And my grand mother told me the story for petes sake, it happened to her
je (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
my grandmothers friend did get harmed I just did not put it in the story. While running her cutlass cut her toe. I don't like typing
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
I'm sorry, but that storie seemed kind of fake to me...
The mountain thing made it seem weird, the fact that the ran down the mountain, with no harm seemed kind of "Made up"

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: