You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Black Cat

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Cat

 

When I was younger, I liked to go 'under the cocoa' (Creole Engish-Back Yard Garden). I still do. There are many trees up there, but there is one that blossoms very often, twice yearly. This is the plum tree. I love plums.

One day I went to pick some, I think it was a Sunday and plum season was coming to an end. I pick what I could and ate them on the tree. When I came down I saw a black cat. I never saw a cat so black in my life, it did not even have speck of white or any other colour, just completely black.

When I saw it, I said "Oh no" because I knew if my three beautiful cats saw that black cat, it could be dead meat, so I threw a stone at it to frighten it away and make it run off for its own safety, but in return, I was the one that got frightened. When I threw the stone at it, it ran into the bushes so I waited to see if it would come out to frighten it again, but instead, the stone I threw was thrown back behind me. I ran down to my house in fright.

Luckily, the house was close, so I did not fall while running to break anything. Was the stone really thrown by the cat? I may never know. But I know it was not someone, because the bushes were to thick, and even if it was I would have seen them.

The three cats I use to own died, but and one of them was older than me. It was a year older than me. It died at the age of 11. The other two cats was its sons. I can not remember when they died. I have two cats now, they are the descendants of the three that died. May 16th is one of my cat's birthday, it will be three and my cousin's birth is two days after.

Other hauntings by Elahie

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Elahie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
no one was there, the stone was threw baq emmidiately and the bush was 2 thick for anyone to be there...
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
I say I have to agree with PK, if it was the cat you did bring it on yourself, but maybe something else might have been there. 😊
Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
your advice is creepy but thanks and I never want to see a black cat again D: for now I'm trying to figure out what my last name means (elahie) and may the Lord also bless you
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Dear Elahie,

Well, your story reminded me of the phrase "Do unto others, what you want others to do unto you". You should not have done that. I had the a similar experience. Back when I was in Sk, I threw rocks at an old acacia tree. For some reason while I was returning to my car, I sustained a large cut on my hand.

Teachers in my school used to tell me a spirit lived there, but as an Sk, I did not listen to their advice.

Your story was frightening and a tad funny indeed. Thank you for sharing your story with us. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Dragon35 (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Familiar_spirit

A black cat is normal in homes and in spirit world black cats are desendents of a demon some of them are calm and some have supernatural powers and rome free in nature they are not dangerus unless you provoke them
Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
lol xD that was so long, I don't think I even new what a ghost was then, and I wasn't trespassin, so one was in the bush, it was 2 thick and the cat had all the fetures of a real one... Like those in the movies, completely black with very green eyes
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-02)
Hello Elahie. Interesting story! I used to have a SOLID black cat before, no other color on this black feline. This cat was lovely! It was a very laid-back good cat, never caused any trouble or concern. So I really don't know why it is so surprising to you that there wasn't another color, other than black, on this cat. I know that in other country's they have these superstitions and stories that are passed down from generation to generation. I hardly think that the cat threw a stone at you. Do you think that you were hallucinating or maybe caused this rock to be thrown at you? Was it another persons property that you were trespassing on? Maybe the feline was the spirit/ghost of a descendant that was trying to scare you or did not like you on the property and they were in disguise as the black cat. Who knows for sure. Thanks for sharing this odd story.

Excuse me Elahie.
rjwolf93~ Where in the world did you hear that black cats are familiars? Oh yes, a friend of yours. I have NEVER heard of anything of the sort and I believe your friend was or is misinformed and shouldn't be telling such tales. You were correct in saying "supposedly the are called familiars", supposedly is the right word.

SHELBY

❤ 😊
rjwolf93 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-02)
black cats that are pure black are called familairs they are a spirit or at least that is what my friend told me, so maybe they can throw rocks?
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
LOL that strange you shouldn't of threw a stone at it you made it worse you did bring it on yourself you have got to admit LOL. 😊 haha its so funny.
na32ru (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
hi maybe its a wizerd just kiding. Umm it might of been the cat you can never no what a cat can do. Lol or it might of been some one in the bush. I'm not. (so good at spelling this word but here it gos). Shore you never no. And did you see its eyes or nose or ears or was the cat toterley black with black eyes black nose and black ears

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: