You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: What Is My Son Seeing?

Real Ghost Stories

What Is My Son Seeing?

 

If you've read any of my other stories, you know that I live in my childhood home now, with my husband and son (my daughter will be born this January). This series of incidents involves my son. Sorry it is going to be rather long, but it is a few things that happened in a short amount of time. The occult/metaphysical reverend that performed my wedding is a close family friend and he also blessed Daemian when he was a baby. He said when he looked at Daemian's eyes, they were very clear and that he sensed Daemian would be able to see spirits, so this is a big reason why I am wondering.

For the past few months, my son has been acting really strangely. I can't say for 100% that this is a ghostly experience, because I can't see anything that he's looking at, but I would like to know some of your opinions about it.

For the past few months, he seems to have been interacting with something/someone and if he is, there seems to be two very different something's around the house. My little boy, Daemian is almost two years old (this January), so he is at the point where he can play and entertain himself. He talks some, but a lot of the time I don't fully understand what he's trying to tell me. If I could, this would not be an issue, because I would just ask him what was going on and he would be able to explain to me. But he's too little as of now, so I need some ideas as to what he may be experiencing.

Sometimes I will peek into his room on him to see if he has woke up from his nap yet, and I will find him playing peek-a-boo with nothing, or with his little face down on his bed for a moment, and then he will spring up quickly (a kind of "Here I am!" game). Sometimes he will just be lying in his bed chattering away like he does with his father and me. But there won't be a soul in his room with him, and he doesn't notice me peeking in until I say something to him, so he's not playing these games with me.

He will be running around the living room playing like little boys do and he will suddenly stop, smile very widely and wave into the hallway, saying "Hi!" like he does when he sees a person in town that interests him. Sometimes instead of saying "Hi" he will say "E!" which is how he calls my friend Edgar. I will ask him what he's doing and he will just say, "Momma, Huddy!" Huddy means "lookie" to Daemian, and he will also use it as his universal word for things that he doesn't already know the word for. Kind of like "thing". I look down the hall and I don't see a thing. But I don't feel anything dangerous at these times so I continue to let him play.

Lately, within the last month, things have changed a little bit. He will still play happily with whatever he is seeing, but something else will happen as well. It started one afternoon when I put him down for his nap. Usually he lays right down in bed and naps, and sometimes he will fuss just a little bit if I take him away from playing, but it's only little, quiet whines.

That day when I put him into his bed, he was a little fussy, but he was okay. I let him stay in bed and I went back into the living room. He had only been in bed a few minutes (not long enough to fall asleep and have a nightmare) and he suddenly screams and begins crying very loudly. This was not fussing, he was scared (mothers, you know what I mean. We can tell). So I went in to check on him and he was genuinely crying and scared. I checked the room, and looked to see if maybe he got hurt, and nothing. Eventually he went to sleep and was fine. This incident has happened two or three times.

There were two more similar times when we were in the living room together. He was pointing at something behind my porcelain doll display case, so I went over there to see if maybe one of his toys got stuck behind it. I looked and nothing at all was there (there's only maybe a 2 inch space between the back of the case and the wall). While I was standing there, telling him I didn't see anything, he starts screaming again, then cries hysterically, telling me that he wants his daddy (who was at work). He screamed and cried, very upset until I rocked him to sleep. This living room experience has happened twice, only one of which centered around the doll case.

Three days ago, my mother was over, and we were watching him play outside. My mom and I were on the porch and Daemian was on the cement, right off the step. My mom told him to go get his toy jeep (big enough to fit two GI Joes in), which was only about 15 or 20 feet away, just at the turn to go to the back side of the house. He ran over to his jeep excitedly, and went to pick it up. The front wheels weren't even off the ground before he stopped in his tracks, turned around and ran as fast as he could back to me and my mom, gripping our legs scared but not crying. My mom and I thought that maybe there had been a desert toad in his jeep so we went to check. Nothing in the jeep and nothing right around the area.

I should note that right after the first experience happened, I had a strange dream about two families that lived on our property (in mobile homes and trailers) in the 60's and 70's. In this dream, both families were Caucasian (this may not seem important at the moment, but you'll see where I'm going with it later) and both were small. The first family was a mother, father and two children. The eldest was a daughter, teenager, and she was murdered on the property. The second family also had a teenage daughter that was murdered on the property as well, by the same murderer that murdered the first girl. The dream was very vivid so it bothered me a lot. I asked my dad and grandpa about the property's history and they each told me that nobody had put homes on this property before we owned it. The only people that ever may have lived on our land were maybe Paiute or other type of Native Americans that lived in the area before my town was established. So the dream could not have been real. There were no Caucasian teenage girls haunting my land/home.

At first I thought this was nothing, but putting this series together, I just don't know. Do you guys think my son is seeing something that I can't? Could it be his/my imagination? Coincidence? Something real? I don't know what to make of it. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but he is scared of very little. Bugs and animals don't scare him. The only thing that really does seem to is loud noises or making mean faces at him.

My house is not haunted, because my family is the only people who have ever lived in it and no one died here (besides pets). But from other stories, I have read that the land could be haunted. This made me think of something that I didn't originally think of. If there were Native Americans on my property before the house was ever put up, could they still be here in spirit? I am leaning toward this idea for the friendly spirit (s) that he plays with, because of the way he said, "E!" while pointing down the hallway. I thought that maybe he was seeing something that reminded him of my friend. When he sees people that look and dress like Edgar in town, he always says "E!" and wants to go see the person he believes is Edgar.

Edgar is a Hispanic man. His family is from Mexico and he has very dark skin. Since my son is so little he doesn't understand that not everyone with dark skin is Edgar, and it doesn't matter if he sees Native American, African American, or Hispanic American men in town, he thinks that it is my friend. Could the Native Americans my grandpa mentioned be in my house/land from many years ago, and could Daemian just have mistaken them for Edgar because of the slightly similar skin-tone? If he did, then the Native American spirit is friendly. But what on Earth is the being that is scaring him? Surely they can't be the same thing. Help me out. What do you guys think?

Other hauntings by ChildOfTheLotus

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChildOfTheLotus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Niccanix (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-26)
My younger sister had similar experiences. I am like a second mother to her and when she was around the age 2-3, she would play and have a good ol time with her "imaginary friend". I been having ghost experiences all my life so I had a thought that it could of been a ghost child but I didn't think of it much since she wasn't scared or confused. Now she is 7 and she is TERRIFIED of this ghost boy that comes visit her. Her mindset changed when she was around 5. Maybe they finally realized it is something out of the ordinary. Maybe your son had an unpleasant experience with a different ghost. As long as he is happy now, that is all that matters!
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-06)
UPDATE:

Thanks to everyone who has read and commented on my story, especially montanagurl, because her ideas and advice really helped.

Daemian has stopped becoming scared in his room after I made a peace offering with the spirits, like montanagurl said to do. They are very much still around and still active, but Daemian gets nothing but entertainment and happiness from them. He smiles, talks to them, and sometimes will laugh hysterically. Perhaps they are putting on a show for him. I'm thinking they may be dancing... My son always finds dancing hysterical.

When he goes to bed at night, he talks with someone, happily, until he goes to sleep.

Thanks so much for all the advice.
ghostmedia (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-15)
If it is a ghost, its playing with your son, not trying to hurt him, or any other members of your family. Kids see things adults don't anyway. Don't panic about this, leave the spirit free, it probably just wants a friend to play with, and your son does too. Beccca http://www.ghostmedia.webs.com
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
I'm sure he's fearless when it comes to bugs, at least all of the bugs around the area. He always tries to touch spiders and ants when he sees them, and others he just looks at.
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
Are you sure he isn't afraid of some types of bugs?I know when I was little I could see every bug.I don't think he's imagineing anything.Well, that's all I can guess.
Mike2127 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
i am somewhat of a sceptic when it comes to the subjects of ghosts and the paranormal so your son could have an ability that is only coming through now or perhaps he could be a medium or someone in the spirit world may be trying to pass on a message to you but I don't know.

Matt Burnett
17 Years Old
Christchurch, New Zealand
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
Hey...hoping that everything's fine...i want to say something...i have seen many cases in which I saw parents never believe what their children say...you should not ignore anything...you are answering yourself dear...try to figure out and if you need my help...you can ask anytime...i'll give you my yahoo id we can chat there...m from india...my name is Harshiata...preeti called by my friends... I experienced and many of my friends had this feeling don't worry...will surely try to help you mam...

God bless you ❤
xojulie97ox (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
When my younger sister was about 2 everytime I put her upstairs to take a nap she would always scream at the top of her lungs saying "THERES A MONSTER I SEE I MONSTER" and she's 4 and she just starts talking to nobody. When you hear her conversations she sounds like she's really speaking to someone she calls this person "Miley" Its scares me though
It kind of relates to your son...
montanagurl (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
hello childofthelotus, like I said in my earlier post, the tobacco is an offering and is used in various traditional ceremonies. It along with the sage should calm the activity if it is Native American.

I just saw your pictures in photobucket and I must say I don't know what to think or say.

I have a few other suggestions to try however, they need some explaining that is hard to do in a post unless I want to write a book, if you are interested please email me at blkhwk [at] 3rivers.net and I will be more than happy to share them with you.

Otherwise, please keep us updated on the happenings in your house.

Until next time - montanagurl
IrbeFan4Life (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
I looked over them and made some conclusions.

#1) Most likely a reflection of the flash on the camera. Remember that all humans are victim to the phenonema known as facial matrixing, where we see human faces in random objects like clouds, reflections, unusual shadows, etc.

#2) Interesting and with the reasoning you gave to the last person who mentioned it, I cannot explain it.

#3) Pattern of light reflection. If you stand directly in front of a mirror, it will reflect directly behind, unless it isn't set up straight and level. If you look at it, from an angle, it will reflect the light in an angle. One of the doorknobs are reflected because of the perpendicular angle from which the photo was taken.

#4) The orb is most likely dust or moisture. You can tell by it's perimeter reflective surface. For orbs, you should look for ones that emit their own light, as in, they have a very strong color and seem to emit their own energy.

#5) Same idea as #1, with human matrixing. Because we are so used to seeing humans everywhere, we see them as shapes on the sofa, when they are most likely (though not for sure, I wasn't there), reflections from the flash on the angles of the sofa.

#6) Same as #4.

#2 which was the most unusual happened to be in your son's room. It seems to be the hotbed of activity if your son interacts there so that should be the place to set up camera (s) and any type of audio recorders. You just might catch on EVP or someone out of the ordinary on camera.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
Montanagurl- Thank you so much for the helpful information. I talked over the sage and tobacco idea with my husband and he said it seemed like a great idea. We are going to do it when he gets home from work this afternoon.

Louie- Dark stuff? No I'm not. I'm into Pagan stuff. No darker than Wicca.

Grinder- Good idea! I'm not sure what I own that could be haunted, though. My doll display my mom bought me from (I think) Walker furniture when I was about 9. All my dolls were bought for me (new in the box) throughout the years from birth until now. Except for my three little "Hobo clowns" is what they're called. They weren't new in the box. They came from my great-aunt who is still alive. But they are very cute and not frightening. Nothing weird seems to be centered around my dolls, but I could be misjudging because I look at them all the time.

Dreamergal72- Yes, those two Native American pictures were my mom's. She had them up in the house when I lived in it as a child. I found them put away in the closet when I moved back in (because my grandparents didn't like them when they rented the house) so I put them back up on the walls, to make the house seem a little more like home.
Yep, one of those balls of light is a reflection off the fridge or the metal part of the cupboard. I'm not sure where the living room and laundry room orbs came from. But this is all I could pick up with the camera. I took maybe a hundred and some photos, but nothing unusual came up besides just the orbs (my camera has never picked up orbs before). I took photos outside yesterday as well, and nothing unusual surfaced from there.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
You sure have indians pictures on the wall, Also I see one flash on the refriger and others diffrent orbs.
Grinder (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
One thing you might think about is that perhaps it isn't the land or home that's haunted. It is possible for items to be as well. You mentioned you doll case. Is it second hand or a hand-down item? Possibly some other furniture that's been previously owned? Other antiques?
louie (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
Sorry you are really reaching with these photos! Its sounds like you are into dark stuff that's where the fear comes from,you should be careful what you bring into your home!
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
On #2, no there isn't any water outside. It's just the concrete patio and the gravel driveway.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
Cool! Thanks for re-setting the page, and thanks for sharing!

Pic 1 looks like a flash reflection to me

Pic 2 who knows? Looks kind of like a reflection from water, is there a pool or even just a puddle outside the window by any chance?

Pic 3 the reflection is of the door knob on the door at the end of the hall

Pic 4 is an orb, but what's an orb? Could be anything

Pic 5 this is variations in the light reflective quality of the couch's surface, since it's a 3D object

Pic 6 is another orb

Next time you take pics, could you get additional shots of one location before you move on to the next? Maybe comparing pics taken of the same location would provide more definitive results.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
Sorry, for some reason my account got set back to private. But I fixed it to public. Just try the link again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
I want to see the pictures but photobucket requires a password, dag nab it!
montanagurl (3 stories) (18 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
My advise would be this - burn sage and go around your house from room to room and cleanse your house with the sage smoke. If the spirit is Native American, the sage will put them at peace "so to say". Take loose tobacco and go outside after the burning of sage and sprinkle just a pinch of tobacco on the ground and say a little prayer and ask the Native American spirit to not bother you or your family. Tell them that you mean them no harm and say a little prayer. By saying a prayer, I mean in your own words, not necessarily a prayer from any certain religion.

The tobacco is an offering that is used in Native American ceremonies. This should work if it is a Native American spirit.

As far as the scary thing that your son may or may not be seeing, the sage smoke should cleanse out any bad spirits. Please keep us informed as to what occurs.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
http://s585.photobucket.com/albums/ss296/ChildOfTheLotus666/Possible%20Paranormal%20Activity/

Here is my Photobucket album of some of the pictures that I took this morning. I also had a few orbs show up in the photos of my bedroom, but the photo quality was pretty low. I just posted 6 of the photos that picked up a little something. These aren't really exquisite findings like some of the photos on this site, but they are genuinely what the camera picked up, not shopped in any way. Take a look and tell me what you think. I hope the link works.
IrbeFan4Life (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
All of them would be interesting to see, even the orb ones. The orbs you caught could be something other than the typically explainable ones.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
Of course, I will post them as soon as I can. Should I do just the non-orb photos?

So, maybe Daemian's fear is just a misunderstanding and no one is actually trying to scare him. One of the spirits may just have a deformity of some sort that frightens him. Maybe sadly, he is seeing some of the Native Americans as they looked at death (bloody, burnt, etc). How awful. I can really understand why he would be afraid. I am planning on going outside when the sun sets a bit to do some more photos of the outside of the house.
IrbeFan4Life (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
Orbs have a very large grey zone to them. I personally don't accept them as evidence unless they are very conscious orbs that respond to speech, give off their own energy and have a sort of shape to them.

The unusual reflections and the light effects you caught on camera may be something else, though. If your son has experiences in his room and then you get unusual photos of unexplainable light anomalies while in his room, you add concrete to your son's interaction with what cannot be seen.

Still, I don't think there is a reason to worry yet. Kids can get scared of certain people, and ghosts have the traits of the person in life. If a person had a facial deformity and they spoke in a raspy voice, that would continue to death. Someone who'd look like that would certainly scare a child. If the ghost was indeed malicious, he would go after everyone in your family, and he would scratch and hurt your son. Communication is important, but contrary to the Anglocized view of the world, ghosts don't miraculously learn English.

Also, the photos would be interesting to see. If you can't post them, or post a link to them, could you describe them in some greater detail?
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
I just finished taking a bunch of pictures of the inside of the house, mostly in the hall and his bedroom (where he usually sees things). Throughout the house I got a couple orbs, but those don't usually prove ghosts (my camera lense was clean though). Besides the orbs I got a couple strange reflections in the TV (in Daemian's room) and the couch, as well as a weird light effect in Daemian's toy hammock. But I haven't got anything to record sound with.
-SarahS- (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
Hey, I just want to share this. Yeah, kids don't know specific word to describe something. He's 2 this january, right? Maybe you can teach him some new word so he can describe whatever he see/saw. That is another way for you to know about the ghost through your son. And I agreed with IrbeFan4Life by asking your son to draw it and putting the camera and the audio recorder in his room. Maybe it will work. Who knows?

I wish you good luck!
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
IrbeFan4Life, you're right. I would never tell my son that it's his imagination, because I'm sure it isn't. I want to encourage his gift and try to help him not be afraid. If I encourage and believe him, then he will not push his visitors away, and may retain his ability into adulthood.

I honestly have no problem at all with the friendly ghosts. The ones he smiles at, talks to, plays with. They are fine, and they were here on this property long before I was. It would be cruel to try making them leave. He can see them, and they can stay here as long as they want. I just wish the scary ones would quit trying to frighten them.

I feel like maybe I should ask the friendly spirits to look out for my son, and have a talk with the ones that are scaring them, asking them to stop, and please be more friendly. But I'm afraid they may not understand me, because they may not know the English language.
IrbeFan4Life (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
An important thing with ghosts and little kids is the explanation to them of what they are seeing. You shouldn't outright tell him that these are dead people talking to him and that's it. You also shouldn't tell him that it is entirely his imagination as that is very damaging to a kid, and they are more likely to become annoying sceptics in adulthood, as well. Try and talk to him about it, ask him to draw what he sees, and tell him to not worry as ghosts do not really have the ability to really hurt people. Most ghosts only want to communicate, and they might seem to be scary because they are the unknown.

If there are indeed native ghosts at your house, there is little you can do. Make them see that you aren't bad people and they shouldn't worry about you, especially the 'scary' one. Remember that natives were massacred in the millions, then they were buried in unmarked grave sites, and then houses were built on top of them. How do you think someone would feel?

In my opinion, you have nothing to worry about and your son is really seeing something. Just show respect to the ghosts, and they will respond. Needless to say, your son will one day have to sleep in his own room. Gently explain everything to him and maybe set up a camera or an audio recorder in his room. If you think what is scaring him is malicious, call someone for help. Whatever religion, or no religion, you believe in, there will be someone to help you with 'out of control' ghosts.

Good luck!
starfalz (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
Hmm, I feel sorry for your son...
I think it was the native spirits that were playing, and interacting with your son.

But, I think, the one that scared your son is the newcomer spirit.
Or maybe, it's a native spirit too, but the bad ones, who knows?

My advice, please don't force your son to sleep in his room, if he doesn't want to, still, we don't know yet what's staying in there.

May God your family,
Starfalz

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: