You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Real Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

A Real Ghost

 

This is a true story. I saw a real ghost. I am 100 percent sure about this. There really are ghosts.

The house I grew up in had a ghost. A lot of things happened in this house. But I was not a true believer in ghosts until I saw it. And I do not want to ever see another one. It scared me very bad. It changed my life. I know that when we die. It's not the end.

The house I grew up in was built in the 50's. My family was the second family to live in it. The original family moved after their son committed suicide in the house. One of our neighbours told my dad what had happened in the house. My dad didn't tell me about it until I was a teenager. When I was growing up. Things like the lights and the stereo would turn on by themselves. We would joke about it. But nobody really took it serious.

When I turned about twelve I moved my bedroom upstairs. Several times I would hear someone walking up the steps and then all the way across the room and then stop by my bed. I would be so scared. I knew the sounds this house would make. The creaking and cracking sounds especially in the winter. But I would hear something walk on every single step and then every step across the length of the room to my bed. I would look around. But I never could see anything. I would be so scared that I couldn't scream for my parents. I would hide under my blankets and eventually fall asleep. This happened many times. I got used to it.

When I was about 17 years old I went to my room to go to bed. I turned off my light. Jumped in bed. And there he was standing at the end of my bed. He glowed and was kind of transparent. Like you see on TV. Sometimes. He had a plaid flannel shirt on and blue jeans, curly hair, and over weight. I was never so scared. He was looking right at me. I dove under my blankets. Eventually I fell asleep.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, joedirtrider, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
I think the key word here is "fear" and understandably so. I could have chalked some of what happened in that house to kinetic energy which is usually associated with puberty and teens. However, I don't think you could manifest an apparition all on your own unless you were dreaming. Assuming you were not dreaming and have since seen other ghosts then you are no doubt sensitive. Getting rid of the fear would be the hard part and then I think when this happens it becomes a gift instead of a curse. You seem to be handling it better since it's happened more than once and maybe that's half the battle too; just getting use to it. What you may have learned from it is that it doesn't have to be scary. These are just spirits who were once human and for whatever reason are afraid of moving forward. I think they need to be told to go to the Light. What good is this gift if you can't help people and spirit people?
joedirtrider (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
I should add that my parents sold the house a couple of years later. And even now I have a hard time even driving by that house. I would not spend a night alone in that house for anything.
joedirtrider (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
I agree, It was very hard to stay there. I was always scared after that. I never wanted to be in the house, especially when I was alone. After I saw the ghost I prayed to god to please never let me see another one. I was the only one in my family to see it. I think there was a reason why I saw it. I was kind of a troubled kid. And it changed me. After wards I knew there was more to life and death than what I believed at that time. I have since then had other experiences with ghosts but it did not scare me as bad.I was deer hunting in superior national forest. There are not many other hunters there. I was walking down a trail and I saw a person standing in a clearing about twenty yards away from me. I started to raise my hand to wave hi when I heard a branch break in the other direction so I turned my head right away to see what had made the noise. But I did not see anything. When I looked back at the person there was nobody there. I got a strange feeling and a bit scared but not near as bad as the first time I saw one. I think I had a ghost breath on the back of my neck once also. And twice I felt something sit on my bed when I was laying there. I felt just like somebody sat down next to me. But when I turned over there was nothing there.
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
Thank you for sharing your story joe. I must admit, I would not be able to stay in that room after seeing somebody stand at the foot of my bed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: