You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dogs Watching Over Me

Real Ghost Stories

Dogs Watching Over Me

 

Back when I was 7, I had two dogs. One of them died when I was 8 and the other when I was 9. Since then, we bought three new ones. Things have really gotten weird since then.

It all started on 4/10/2005 (My mom kept track of the date in case something weird would happen on this day). It was right before my 10th birthday. We had two dogs at the time. My dogs are usually outside. I happened to glance out the window to see my husky play with a dog that looked like the one that died when I was 7. I blinked and it was gone.

This next one happened on 6/17/05 (again, my mom kept track of the date) right before we left on vacation to Delaware. We packed up and were ready to go, but before we went in the car I saw the dog that died when I was nine in one of my dogs' cages.

Creepy came down to it on 6/12/07 (My mom tracked the date; it was similar to the last one). Everyone was in bed and I heard footsteps. My brother (who was 6) came into my room and said "Did you hear that?" I nodded. Just then all 3 dogs started howling. That basically woke everyone up so we all went downstairs and they were howling with a dog that looked like the one that died in 2005. We all looked at each other, and we all saw the same thing. The dog seemed very real. Eventually, it noticed us and vanished. We were all breath taken.

There are countless other sightings now, but I believe these spirits are good because of one night in particular.

I was sleeping, and having an out-of-body experience (probably just a dream.) Something told me that "they are watching over me"..., and when I woke up, I saw both dead dogs at the foot of my bed. I got up and tried to pet one and they both disappeared.

I will be happy to read and respond to any comments. The last one wasn't sleep paralysis, because I could move, by the way. (Just too clear things up)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PestedForFun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PestedForFun (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-11)
Another big sighting. Scared me so badly that I almost abandoned the house. There was a pizza guy at our front door delivering pizza, and he came up to me and said "Your dogs are loud."
I, obviously, questioned him.
"What dogs?"
"Those ones."
He pointed to the dead dogs, which dissapeared upon me looking. He said,
"How'd they do that?"
"Those dogs have been dead for years."
It appears as if the dogs dissapear if a human family member appears and looks. Or maybe they just liked barking at the poor pizza guy.
This sighting may add some theory to why the dogs stick around.
Sorry this is such a long comment,
-Pested
PestedForFun (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
Its hard not to be afraid when you're already scared out of your mind...
😆 (I wonder why I came back so early...)
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
Aww...I guess the dogs like you so they always stick with you.Don't be afraid, they are good.

Love to you. ❤ ❤ ❤
PestedForFun (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
No. One of the dog's that died is my third dog's aunt, which may explain why she sticks around. Maybe the other one sticks around because the other one does? To manic: No, at least not that I know of.
To triscint: Wow, I never thought of it that way. I'm more scared than considerate during sightings, however.
Bye for now 😐
Manicdepressive101 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
hmmmmm... This is strange stuff. Has anyone in your family ever mess around with the Occult or anything of that nature? CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!
triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-06)
Wow... Yourlucky to have your dead dogs stick around. I had a lap that got killed by dumpster guy it was 12 years old and I miss her very munch. You are lucky. 😭

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: