You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Can Spirit Answer Through My Vocal Cords?

Real Ghost Stories

Can Spirit Answer Through My Vocal Cords?

 

2020 has been a very hard year for the world and I have been more in tune with my religious side than before. I'm probably not alone in that there are nights when I just can't sleep, bothered by the uncertainty of it all and how alone quarantine has made me feel. I work a job that has gone completely remote, so here I am living right in the city, yet having very little contact with the outside world. It's been hard for me in general and the isolation can be all consuming, not knowing when this will all be resolved. Some nights I need answers and find my patience wearing thin.

Occasionally when I have a hard time sleeping I will pray and ask for answers about life's biggest questions. Things like the state of the world, the state of humanity, and why I am treated the way I am by society.

And occasionally, I will get an answer. Sometimes it comes to me as a thought hitting me in the head like a lightning bolt, something I had never thought of my own or would think to say. It's almost like someone else is responding to me.

And other times, I'll find myself whispering these thoughts out of nowhere, phrases that may be answers to the questions I ask. The voice that comes out is my own, but the speech is something that's like a reply. I just can't explain it so I'll leave it up to you guys.

Has anyone ever had an experience where your questions are answered by an entity, but in your own voice and coming out of your own vocal cords? Who or what could possibly be communicating to me in this manner?

Other hauntings by sherm784

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sherm784, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-12)
I do believe your prayers are being answered Sherm, most likely by your spirit guide without trying to offend your religion.

The variation in your vocal chord is probably a means of validation for you to know you are not alone and don't let these bigger life questions get you down in the dumps.

We are all spiritual beings having a physical experience on the road to greater enlightenment. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger as if we really do die in the first place... You can't change the world however you can change yourself.

I can't help sense your spirit guide is working hard with you keeping you on your path.

Just my thoughts take them with a pinch of salt.

Regards Daz
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-10-26)
Hi again Sherm, just wanted to add to what Mrs Ramsay said. A suggestion for minimising stress and that's don't watch the news so much. We watched some American news reports about the fires and some of those programs were outrageous. Like the news as debauched entertainment. Really disturbed me.

Don't know if you watch those kinds of programs, but maybe stick to the unsensational newscasts. You know, the ones that stick to the facts without all the insinuated doom and gloom. These are trying times but we can still choose to fill our homes with calm.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
3 years ago (2020-10-25)
Hi Sherm,
I just got off the phone with my 29 year old daughter, who was distraught that she's so lonely. Her husband of almost 2 years told her just before covid (in Feb) that he wanted a divorce, so they quarrantined together for a few weeks until he moved out. Her Cali-based business used to have her traveling (a good job) but now that's all stopped, and even though we're in the south without shutdowns, she's feeling so isolated. I just want you to know that you are not alone. All I can do is tell you, we're going to come out of this and things will be ok, so hold on! We don't have a lot of patience these days. I try to take strength from historic events and our pioneer forefathers... Thinking of the hardships they experienced, and it helps me a lot. That said, I have had thoughts, dreams and not really voices in my head, but I know what you're talking about, and I'm a super normal mother of four, teacher and writer (hardly anyone thinks I'm weird, in other words, haha). I think part of the whole paranormal thing is that the spiritual world is always there co-existing with us, but we are always so busy we hardly notice it when parts of it bleed through (no pun intended). I'm not sure where the line between religious stuff and paranormal ghost stuff intersects, but since I started connecting dots in my own life, I've experienced things having to do with both, I think. Don't be worried, but always be confident in yourself and whatever religion you adhere to, be a good person and stay busy with productive things. Don't get too sucked into the immaterial, but don't be afraid, either. That's my small advice. And don't talk about it on a first date if you really like the person, haha. Stay strong! All the best, Ms. Ramsey
Whodat (42 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-10-20)
I have had an experience like yours once. I kept praying the same prayer to God almost every day, and one day, an answer came to me. I didn't hear an audible voice; it was more like a thought came into my head all at once that wasn't my own. It's hard to explain, but I think you know what I mean. Don't worry - this virus panic will soon be a just a bad memory and we can go back to our normal lives again. I'm looking forward to 2021 and I bet you are too.
JonLS87 (3 stories) (5 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-10-18)
I think many people are experiencing a form of spiritual awakening during this trying time. I know I have, I am more in tune with my thoughts and I've experienced lots of moments where I am in tune with my thoughts. I wonder whether this is a type of mediumship or not.
TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-10-17)
Bro, I wonder if my mom would believe that a spirit's the one talking when I cuss. 🤔 😁
Cool story. ❤
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-10-16)
Greetings, Sherm.

I'm with Tweed on this, as my first thought was "mediumship."

I've had answers to questions pop into my head, sometimes in other people's voices. I've also had totally unplanned statements come out of my mouth and turn out to be true. I just put them down to quirks in my perception of time/mind and accept them as rare and peculiar events.

To be completely honest, I'd never even thought of writing them down for YGS, as they happen too randomly for me to make them into a coherent narrative.

You're not alone in this, Sherm, though I feel I've not provided much by way of reassuring explanation.

Best,
Biblio.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-10-15)
Hi Sherm,

Never had this happen but it sounds like you could be experiencing what some mediums can do. Allowing a spirit to enter their consciousness and speak through them. You indicate that you're religious so I recommend asking your god/gods for protection if you want to pursue this. I'd caution against allowing anyone through for obvious reasons.
Also, and I don't mean to diminish what you're going through, but one must consider stress as a contributing factor.

Stay strong.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: