You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lingering Silhouettes

Real Ghost Stories

Lingering Silhouettes

 

I've experienced a few strange things in my life. I've heard voices calling my name, had doors in my house shut by themselves, and I've even seen strange images on my bedroom walls a few times. But one thing that I will never forget happened about 10 years ago when I was in 3rd or 4th grade.

Back then we were having a new addition added on the second floor of our house, above the garage, so my brother and I had to sleep in the guest room in our basement. We have a nice basement that's not very creepy, so we were never too scared sleeping down there.

One morning I woke up at around 4am and saw the Silhouette of a young boy standing by my side of the bed looking at me. At first I thought that it was my brother so I sat up, looked at his side of the bed and saw that he was still asleep. Then I looked back at the boy standing by the bed I asked him what he was doing. After I asked him that question he turned around and ran out the open bedroom door. In the dim light I saw him turn the corner and heard his footsteps running up the steps and just come to a sudden stop when he reached the top.

I wasn't really scared but I couldn't go back to sleep, so I left the room and spent the rest of the early morning watching TV until I heard my mom upstairs in the kitchen at around 7am. I told my mom about the boy I saw but she thought that I was dreaming, I know for a fact that it wasn't a dream.

I never saw him again but even now, about a decade later, I still think about that morning. I just wonder who that boy was, why he was standing there that night, and why he ran away. Our house is only 5 years older than I am and we're the first family to live here so I doubt that it was the ghost of a kid who died in our house. Maybe he's just a curious young boy who was wondering who we were and I scared him away by accident.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LoveThief, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
LoveThief: Your story is very interesting, but not uncommon. It doesn't matter if your family is the first to live in that house. A house can be just freshly built and a family moves in and it be the most haunted house on the block or in the town for that matter. You have to remember that the land that any property is built on is very old. It may have had many, many things built on it before your house came along. This child may have been just passing through. He may have been just wandering around, just a little lost soul. Those are the spirits that truly break my heart. I hate to think of any spirit trapped over on this side and not knowing how to cross over, but when it's a child, it just makes it a little sad. I pray you will find peace in your home and I am so happy you have not seem this child spirit anymore.

God bless you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: