You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleeping With The Haunted 2

Real Ghost Stories

Sleeping With The Haunted 2

 

Not very long ago, I submitted a story regarding my boyfriend and a few experiences he has had seeing shadow figures both in his room and in mine. I write again this time as another incident has left me afraid of my own bedroom, questioning whether he is experiencing waking dreams and/or wondering if there might be something following him. Please understand that, although I believe in the Paranormal, I remain skeptical and objective in this situation (perhaps this is out of my own unwillingness to admit something scary is in my room or maybe I simply want to find a rational explanation to ease my boyfriend's fears). Anyway, this is what happened a few weeks ago that has had my boyfriend and I quite unnerved.

Just as my last story began, my boyfriend stayed over one night during the week. After a few hours of sleep, I woke up to a strange noise beside me. I remember sitting up and seeing my boyfriend lying rigid on his back with his mouth open, emitting an odd gargling sound, definitely not like a snore. Groggy and confused, I said something to the effect of, "Hey, what's wrong?" That's when he relaxed and turned over to hold on to me, just as he had the night he saw the figure standing next to the wall. I immediately knew he was afraid, but when I asked what he had seen, he said "nothing, I'm sure it was a dream."

As you can imagine, it was the middle of the night, pitch black, and the last time he acted this way, he had seen a person and a face in my room. His simple explanation did nothing but to cause my imagination to kick into overdrive and my heart to race. I began to panic a bit, scared because I knew he was afraid and scared by the image of him lying next to me making that strange sound. After a few minutes he relaxed a bit and finally admitted that he had been dreaming when he thought he had heard me having a nightmare. Wanting to comfort me, he had tried to roll over and wake me out of my terror. However, when he went to move towards me, he was frozen. This is when he is SURE that he woke up to someone sitting on top of him. He asked this person where I was, and she said "she's not here anymore; it's just me." That's when he felt like the person on top of him began choking him, and that's when I, well when I believe that I, woke him up.

This entire incident was so very strange. Neither one of us slept well after that, and the next day, after I asked my boyfriend for more details, he told me he feels like the person he saw in my room before and the person he spoke to in the most recent incident was a female, and for some reason, he feels the female is named Sarah or Cheryl (something like that; we just say "Sarah").

I know that sleep paralysis is actually a sleep disorder, and this incident can very much be categorized as sleep paralysis--it has all of the signs. However, my boyfriend was truly terrified by the situation, he swears up and down that the times he has experienced something before, he was very much awake, and he felt very awake during this incident as well. I don't WANT to see any ghosts in my house, but it's hard for me to understand what's going on when the only person who has had any experiences is my boyfriend. I would love to be able to solve this for him and to assuage his fears--I'm afraid these experiences affect him more than he admits.

I know you will tell me to speak to the spirit (if there truly be one) or conduct cleansing rituals, etc. However, would that really help, or should my boyfriend try to find a way to figure out what Sarah wants?

As always, I welcome your responses.

Other hauntings by Pete16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pete16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pete16 (2 stories) (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
Thank you all for your advice! I feel much better knowing there could be a natural excuse for this incident!
KirkoBezerko (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
I've shared similar symptons as your boyfriend, Usually when people learn about ASP and what it is, their fears lessen. When their fears lessen, they tend to see fewer monsters. Therefore, your best advice is to not panic, remain calm, realize that you're safe, and this is a natural thing your physical body does. Then, if you want, explore the state.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Before you just assume that it's a spirit in your home or following your boyfriend around have him go to a doctor and see if he can get in and have some sleep studies performed on him. He may be suffering from sleep apnea or some other sleep disorder. I know with sleep apnea when a person stops breathing and no oxygen is getting to the brain, you have all kinds of horrible dreams and sensations running through your body. I sure hope this helps you some. If you still believe it is a spirit, then see about getting a Priest to perform an exorcism on him.

God bless you both!
brenttan (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Asking it what it 'wants' is not advised, as such spirits would only play with your mind.
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
This sounds like it could be many things, and I am not experienced (thankfully) in these types of occurrences. But from reading stories other people have written on this site, and just from a general hunch I got when I read the part about what "Sarah" said to your boyfriend, I wonder if this is an incubus seeking a relationship... I hope this is not the case. The only reason I wonder is that when he asked her where you were, she replied saying that you weren't there. It was just her and your boyfriend now. That was an obvious lie, and why would she say that? Was she hoping to get something to happen between them and you ruined the plan by waking up and snapping him out of it? But if that were the case, would he have been able to roll over or would she have still been sitting on him? Or maybe she left when you woke up... Or maybe it was just a spirit trying to scare him. Or maybe just a dream. Hmmmm... So many questions. Lol Guess I didn't help at all.:-P Sorry. I hope you figure it out!
~Trudy~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: