You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Entity That Liked Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Entity That Liked Me

 

I was stationed in Guam on the Naval base from 2004-2006. I've had a few paranormal experiences before but nothing prepared me for what would happen my last night on the island.

I lived in Barracks 9 on the top floor, just down the hall from the kitchen. I can't remember my main room number but once inside, it was room A. I had a roommate at the time but she was always spending the night at her boyfriend's place. I was a police officer and I got to work with a few of the locals. They mainly worked at our entrance gates and they were masters at telling us their local ghost stories. Every place has a woman in white and this place was no exception although this story isn't about her. The locals call the island spirits the Tatamonas. According to the islanders, if they like you, they'll sometimes pinch you or play jokes on you. If they don't like you, they make you sick with headaches.

I worked with a guy who suffered terrible headaches that medical couldn't diagnose. It got so bad they accidentally killed him with a morphine overdose. Don't believe me, just look at the memorial in the lounge of the MA's headquarters. His name was MA3 Brent. He had died a few months after I had gotten there and I didn't know him that well. I did, however, take the spirits of the island quite seriously. I've always been as respectful as possible and I think that's the reason I was never hurt. Ok, so here's what happened.

I had always sensed that there was something in my barracks room with me. I wouldn't look at myself in the mirror when I brushed my teeth because I could feel it behind me and I was afraid I would see it in the mirror. I had a friend who claimed to see spirits and she told me she could see a shadow-like figure walking around my room through the window outside. I never told anyone that I thought there was something living with me. It didn't freak me out, because I already knew it was there.

So I had my orders for my next duty station and all my stuff had already been packed up and shipped out. I only had the sheets I was issued and a suitcase I had to live out of for the next month. I was sleeping and I remember waking up in the middle of the night. I was still in a half dream-like state where I wasn't fully awake or fully asleep. I had woken up because I was talking. I was saying, "No, I can't" as if I was refusing an invitation. I was being polite and I could see a vague shadow by my door. Right before I realized that I was talking to something in my room, I was held down in my bed. I was on my back and my sheets were pulled up to my collar bones. It felt like someone big had placed their hands on either side of my shoulders and pressed down on the sheet. It scared me so bad I woke up all the way and the pressure went away too.

After I had a moment to process what had happened, I came up with a theory: Whatever was in my room knew I was leaving the next day. I think it was making a last effort to convince me to stay because it liked me there. I had to refuse the offer because I had my orders and in a very last attempt, it wanted to force me to stay. I don't think it wanted to hurt me. I just think it was tired of having to deal with so many young single sailors who only wanted to be loud and get drunk. I was a quiet and calm guest in its house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gyoza1216, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

RaidenKnight (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-20)
oh great I'm stationed here now and my old room was in building 9 in room 203 A (top floor) freaking fantastic...
asukalynn (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
you know, I bet you are right, in your assumption of your entity. You were respectful, you knew he was there. You didn't bother him, make him a parlor trick. Just let him be. I bet somehow he did feel a connection to you. I think you hit the nail on the head with your closing paragraph. Well written story by the way!
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
I really enjoyed your piece. I hope I speak for others when I say, that I wish you would participate! (At least to the more intelligent remarks!)
Besides the point, as I say with many others, spirits, for the most part, were once people, and more people should have repsect as you have said you demonstrate. And when you are dead, who wouldn't want someone in their dwellings that understands, and repects others, as a lot of military youngsters don't?
I enjoyed what you had to share! I hope you will have more to share in the future and will participate! Most of us won't bite! I promise! ❤ 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
Sounds like sleep paralysis. Not saying the place wasn't haunted but maybe it was more suggestion than reality. Talk of ghost stories and people telling you they see shadows in your room's window can all attribute to you dreaming about this. I know you said you always felt something was there with you and it didn't scare you, you just didn't want to see it. Maybe it was it's way of saying goodbye or maybe you were just coming out of a dreamstate. Whichever it was I'm sure you will never forget it.
Lavenders (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
Ooohh that's quite spooky D:! It's hard to be so darn popular;D I feel bad for brent though: (

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: