You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: My Not So Gift

Real Ghost Stories

My Not So Gift

 

My name is Josh I am 14 years old. Ever since I was eight years old I have been able to see and speak to ghosts. I know I am not crazy I am in all honors classes. I mean I have an anxiety disorder but nothing else, this is not a gift this is a nightmare. I need help though I get very scared and try to avoid them. It is also very embarrassing because they will just pop up and especially living out in the woods basically is were my house is.

Now I have talked to a ghost in front of one of my trusted friends because I don't tell many people, any way she said it looked like I was talking to air but she said she was ice cold and nervous. Before I see a ghost I get chills and tingles down my spine then goose bumps and I then feel like I am going to cry. I don't particularly like telling people but tonight 11/19/09 at 8:15 p.m. I was walking home and saw a thing that followed me home it had red eyes and was hunch backed and pale. I felt like I was going to die in its presents and I ran home and told my mom then started to break down and cry.

I know I am not crazy although some people I have told think so. Again I feel like this is not a gift and I just need some advice.

If any one can help please comment.

Thanks,

Josh

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, josh22395, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
Exactly, bldfalcon, you don't know (a direct paraphrase from you).
This discussion is now closed. It has already crossed over into area's where it should not have (thus my stating "we will just have to disagree", and refusing to answer your last comment.)
This author asked for help, not an argument totally unrelated to what he is experiencing.
Further comments should flow in that direction.
Thank you.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
It's not his obligation to help souls. Just get rid of them. There suppose to me dead, so they should leave and got hell (or heaven). It's still a curse, becuase I don't know if he acatully wants the gift or not.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
Baldfalcon,
who are you to say what type of gift the Good Lord would give or not give to an individual? If Josh can learn how to use this gift, helping lost souls cross over... Then it indeed can be considered a gift. How we treat another soul... Helping another person, alive or dead... Is what we will be judged on, upon our life review. The more people we go out of our way to help--the better our next life will be.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
the good book goes overboard. It's been written by number's of his disciples. It's a curse! God would neber give a person a power that he can't control or have no contorl over. It has to be something more that God. And yes I'm a Christian, so your hearing me dead on. It's my opinion! It's a curse, not a divine power.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
Guess we are just going to have to disagree then, bldfalcon.
It was always my thought that "God will never give me anything I can not handle. With His help."
To ME, that would mean to have this gift is NOT a curse, but a gift from God Himself. If you follow the Good Book, it clearly states that we are all (all of mankind) created in His own image. Why would He "screw up" and add something that He opposes? We just have to learn to accept (and with that acceptance learn to use it for Him), or deny it. He gives MANY a gift that is denied.
But then, maybe that is just MY interpretation of what the Good Book says.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
It's a curse, you think he asked for that gift. No! So it's automatically a curse. He's going to attract more spirits to his life, aslong as he has this gift.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
Excuse me, please, Josh.
Bldfalcon? Curse? WHAT curse? I just reread through this retelling, and NO WHERE do I read about a curse.
Please do not use scare tactics on those who come here seeking answers. The Spiritual existence, and acknowledgement of the life impaired does not signify a curse.
Curse:"An appeal or prayer for evil or misfortune to befall someone or something.
The evil or misfortune that comes in or as if in response to such an appeal: bewailed the curse of ill health." http://www.answers.com/topic/curse

Just for future reference, there.

Josh, Hun, you are NOT cursed. You have a gift. It is up to you how, why and when you use it. Just be cautious. It can be one heck of a ride.
Thank you.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
Oh and just becuase a person is an honor student doesn't mean they can't be crazy. I see physically and mentally challenge student make a difference with their disorders to acheive greatness. But I'm getting off topic. You have a curse deal with it, atleast you don't demons like I do everytime.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
Some people in this world have gift's. I do to have a gift, so your not alone. Maybe the anxiety disorder plays a bigger part than anything. I had tramatic experiences, lots of them that's how I can see ghosts and speak to them.
kristani (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-23)
hey Josh, I know its scary but they feed off fear so its pretty important to show none because it got my stitches literally across my back and arms... Um anyway I don't think your crazy I know plenty of people in your position
laylow13 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-22)
hiya, josh. Alrighty, its true that ghosts feed off fear. You show them fear&they'll just keep doing it. Its like a game to them all. Well some. And I have the same problem as well... Seeing them is not easy, me and all my cousins except for 3 can see ghosts. I can mostly hear them; the ones I get are usually nicerr. But once I saw a whole black figure. And the next mintute a red one. With no physical features. It scares me to death, I usually have panic attacks because I'm so scared. I cry as well... And my dad thinks I'm going crazy or something. So do few of my friends like 2. But I tell these things to my cousin because we have feelings when things are going to go wrong with this person. But; think of the ghosts as a person... Just ones that others can't really see, you know? It may seem hard.& it is. I'm 15 and I know I'm supposed to be strong about it, but I still cry my eyes out. And when I told one of my friends about it, he was saying its a gift usually helping ghosts move on... But its not a gift its like a bad dream you'll never be able to wake up from. But when you stay strong they leave you alone... And you'll feel peace for a while (:
rosered316 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-22)
When you're around a spirit, do NOT get scared or it will keep trying to scare you. Of course you're going to be scared for a second once you see it, but calm yourself down and it may leave you alone.Remember,ghosts feed off of fear. 😉
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-22)
Hello again, Josh.
Thank you so much for coming back and answering a few questions for us. Makes the whole "...I need help with what I have experienced" go a mite easier. 😊
There is a site that I get a lot of information from.
Http://www.cassandraeason.com/magick/psychic_protection.htm. Http://www.angelsghosts.com/how_to_get_rid_of_ghosts.html also has some really great ideas. Not just in ridding your space of unwanted beings, either.
As I am unsure exactly what kind of help you are looking for, I would suggest you do a "search". Check a few sites out, see what you are comfortable with and all of that.
Please remember, YOUR comfort zone is what is important. If you get a suggestion from someone that makes you uneasy, simply do not try it. MOST "cleansings" can be modified to "fit" the situation. As long as the primary points are covered, you are still cleansing.
From your description, it looks like you are not only a seer, but an empathetic seer. Which would mean that you take on the emotion of the situation, or the being. SELF cleansing is important in this type of situation.
There are ways to rid yourself of just negative beings, just the spooky ones (like your pale hunchback one) and/or all. So make sure you know what you are going for before you even begin.
If you have questions, all you have to do is ask. There is a lot of information out there!
Thank you.
josh22395 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
thanks soo much every one to answer a few questions no I am not on meds for the anxiety and as for seeing ghosts I usually know that they are dead because I get chills and all that but I have questioned it before also usually I just talk to them like any one else would communicate back and forth and also this is the first time this thing appeared to me.
NabbyKnowsBest (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
I know how you feel right down to every detail... Except I also talk to people in dreams but see them everywhere. I also see things and know things before they happen... Prob sounds wierd but true. I am 15 and know how it feels to have people not understand I have made the mistake of telling to many people before. Sylvia Browne is a great person to look into. Your latest encounter scares me and you need to stay as strong as possible to show whatever it was that you are stronger than it. I hope it helps to know that you are not alone and there are many of us who go through the same thing. 😊
Trudy (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
I Hate when spirits toy with our children it pisses me off 😠. Who the hell do these spirits think they are? How dare they mess with our kids. What? Just because they are spirits they think that they are special? No way. The spirits have the whole spirit world to mess around in. I say leave us physical people alone. 😐 Now that I have blown off some steam, I feel better.
Trudy (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
Dear Josh,

I really don't know how to advise you on how to talk to ghosts. I think I can help you to protect yourself. Go to the New Testament to the book of Ephesians. Read Chapter 6 verses 10-18. This is your armor. Before you leave the house everyday pray this armor on. Hebrews 4:12 and 16 are also good verses.
ppbutt71 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
josh I also have your gift and so does my son the only thing I can tell you is try and think of something else when they come to you or tell them to leave you alone in a stern voice and tell them they are not wanted here with you and they should leave you alone but others will come to you and you have to be prepared. I have had the gift since I was 3 and it sucks.
chicken (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
Okay, wait, so you talk to dead people, usually unknowing that they are dead? Do they appear to you? How do they look? How frequent is it? How do you communicate? How do they sound? I'm just trying to get more information out of this.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
I am going to say first off that you are NOT alone, and you are NOT going crazy.
Please, please do not think I am being rude to you. I am not. I just have a simple question.
For this anxiety issue of yours, are you taking any meds? How long have you had the disorder?
The reason I ask is that at some times meds can "open you up" to the possibilities that are just around the corner, but that you were previously closed to. I am NOT saying that perhaps the meds are causing you to hallucinate. That is the furthest thing from what I am trying to say.
This hunchbacked pale thing that followed you home? Did it enter the home? I am just a little unclear as to whether you left it somewhere as you ran home, or if it followed you all the way there. Is this the only time this creature appeared before you?
Thank you.
SavanaAngelina (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
Your all shet whateva, Josh your so fuunny. Maybe you should be a comedian buddy.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
Stories like this make me so glad I am not sensitive. I would think most parents would think a child is having emotional problems or suffered trauma they have kept hidden, before thinking its paranormal. I can only imagine what it's like for a child to carry this with them and have no one to tell for fear of being ridiculed or hospitialized. I don't believe in demons or even evil entities of non human origin but I do believe if someone was evil in life chances are they are still that way in the afterlife. Being that I have no experience in this area I will leave you in the hands of the ones that do know on this site. I'm sure there is a way to block it as well as hone it. The old saying of if you don't use it you lose it, may be just the thing you are after. If you don't give it credence maybe it will go away. For your sake I hope so.
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
Hello friend, I am 28 years old and I have the same gift. I have been like this sence I was born. I will tell you now that I am still scared to death when these things come to me. The best thing I can tell you to help is keep your heart clean and make Jesus your best friend and talk to him when you are scared. There is nothing you can do to make this go away and if you keep God in your heart you can keep the evil away. Now they might try to scare you but know that you are Gods child and he is there with you at all times. Keep a small bible with you at all times and when one pops in at you grab it and close your eyes and pray. The more you talk to them the more they come to you. I know this for a fact. They come to me still but not as much. The ones who mess with me the most are evil ones. They want me so bad that they tourment me. I have faith and they have never hurt me. They do a great job of keeping me feared but I let them know they can not win. Pray as much as you can and I will pray God will take your fear away. I was a young girl and was never afraid of the dark but when I found out that the people who come to me where dead. I freaked out and still do. I wish you the best and just pray my friend, That will help you more than you know. If you need to talk more just let me know;)
BriannaParanormal (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
I honestly do not think your crazy I have been through all kinds of therapy aqn dthings to get rid of it. Its nothing medical its a gift and a curse
BriannaParanormal (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
I am the exact same way I'm 14 also I have a little girl who is always talking to me she often listens to me. She does not like my mom I'm scared sometimes but I have been hospitalized becaus emy mom thought I was crazy
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
You are not alone. I to can see spirit, but it only during even years. Something traumatic happen to me when I was 18. A few month after that I keep seeing spirit. It is a unbearable sight. Just keep strong and your will be alirght. Stay safe.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
First of all, I don't think you are crazy and I would venture to guess that 99 percent of the individuals on this site have felt the same way you do and have gone through a lot of the same feelings you are having. We ALL have feelings that maybe we are not quite right in the head-but that is not the case.

It is up to you how you deal with the 'not so gift' as you call it. I have seen my abilities as a curse and a gift also at many times.

Don't let any one tell you or make you feel or think you are odd or crazy. I believe that we are blessed, whether we take it that way or not. The reason you have been granted this ability may never be fully understood. I think if you read my stories on here, you will se that I have also had some very 'odd' experiences.

One of the best pieces of advice I can impart is to seek spiritual guidance on your 'gift' and continue to share-especially on sites such as this. It helps to know others are were you are and are feeling the same things you do.

Keep us posted,
God Bless!
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
Hi, Josh!
It is nice to meet you here on YGS. I think you did the right thing coming out and admitting to SOMEONE that you are a sensitive and that you'd like some help with it. Thank you for trusting the members of this site. Remember, however, that you have to read what they are saying, maybe even do some other research on your own, then do what you feel is best for you, with the information that you have. You'll see many differing opinions and pieces of advise here; what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for someone else.

I have a 15-yr-old daughter who is a sensitive and has seen/talked with/heard/felt spirits since she was 3 years old. The opening of the floodgate for her was when her grandmother passed over & came to visit her. Her abilities have grown & expanded multi-fold since that first time. My purpose with this... Know that there are others out there with your abilities - you aren't alone.

It sounds like the most worrysome part of your abilities has to do with seeing the bad things - those beings who look or feel evil. I'm not sure what religion you follow - my daughter & I are Wiccan - but turning to protection of your religion will help. We carry pentacles & charged protective crystals for protection, and I have even called up "bubbles" of protective white light when we've gone someplace that we have suddenly found to be overpowering with negative energies. You see, I don't have the high levels of powers my daughter does, but I can feel their energies and sometimes even see them in one form or another. Our protections do work for us - we have faith. A Christian might carry a blessed cross and say a prayer - you have to have faith in those things for your protections to work. And believe it or not, talking to the spirits & standing up to them, does work. Tell them to go away if you are incomfortable, let them know you are your own boss, you will decide who you communicate with and who is allowed to stay with you.

Josh, visit other websites too to see that there are SO many people out there who communicate with spirits on a regular basis, through no extended efforts of their own. ShadowLands is the site where I first started reading true stories and found that other people have the same sensitivities as my daughter. She was so young at first that she didn't know the terminology to use to describe shadow people, orbs, etc.

I hope in your research you come across a psychic like Chip Coffee who is local to your area and can counsel you on how to work with your abilities.

Blessings to you! I will be thinking of you!
ParaTam
angelboo424 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
You are not crazy Josh. The reason you are feeling so upset and scared is you are taking on their feelings and emotions when they are coming to you, it's very common and happens to me too (we share the same gift) the advice you have gotten so far is excellent - contact Chip Coffey from Psychic Kids, I have met him he is a wonderful person and will be able to guide you. Don't be afraid of anything - when you are confronted with a not so nice spirit surround yourself with white light and ask your spirit guides and guardians for protection -
Blessings to you,
Joanne
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
josh22395: You are not crazy at all! There are many children in this world who see spirits. There is a show that comes on the A&E Channel called Psychic Kids, Children of the Paranormal and it's about children just like yourself with these gifts and they have the opportunity to interact with other children who are having issues or problems adjusting to their abilities. Some of these children have even told their friends and now are feeling like the friends they told don't want to have anything else to do with them. Chip Coffey is the medium who along with Professor Dr. Lisa Miller talks to these children, addresses their fears, anxieties and also any other issues they may have with coping with this gift. It may feel like a curse to you now, but just think what a gift like this can mean for you in the future, when you learn to get a handle on it. If you don't learn to control your fear, your fear will always control you. When you learn to control your fear and get a handle on your abilities, one day you may have the opportunity to use this gift to bring home a missing person or assist the police in stopping a killer or something. Who knows, but like eberkhols said read Sylvia Browne's book and watch this show I was telling you about. Talk to your parents about trying to get you on this show so you can be around some of your peers and also get to travel somewhere really cool and talk to some great people who are trained in what you are going through and can help you with coping. The new episodes start December 15...FYI, I wouldn't tell anymore of your friends about your gift, because it looks like some of them aren't ready to hear something like this or may even have the same abilities you do and are still in the closet so to speak. Hold your head up high, be strong and dignified and you'll be just fine! The good Lord is not going to put anymore on you than you can handle! Ask the Lord to surround you with the white light of the holy spirit and to not allow you to see things that are going to frighten you. Ask him if he can ward off the evil spirits.

God bless you

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: