You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Ghost That Saved My Life

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost That Saved My Life

 

Back in 2007 when I was 23 I moved in with this man that that I had known since I was a teenager. He had a sister that had recently died under some pretty tragic circumstances. He was very close to her and had a shrine of sorts dedicated to her. It was a large book case with lit candles, pictures of her, poems she had written, a flask she always drank out of, and a large glass cross. Every morning he would ask me to come and take a shot of tequila with him in front of this shrine in honor of Lucy (his sister). We would do that and then play her favorite song on the stereo. He told me that even though I never met his sister, as long as I was in his house- she would protect me and nothing bad would happen to me. I thought that was very nice but didn't really believe that was possible or true.

One night while my friend was at work and I was doing the dishes my phone rang. It was an ex-boyfriend of mine (who is a very violent man) that was trying to get back in my life. He was also an acquaintance of the guy I was living with and had been to the house many times before I lived there. He said that he was in the neighborhood and he wanted to see me. I said I didn't want to let anyone in the house while my friend wasn't there and to wait until he came home from work at about 7 in the morning (very stupid- now he knew how long I would be alone). I locked all of the doors. I went towards my roommate's door to go lock his bedroom windows, but just as I reached for the doorknob- it turned! My ex boyfriend came out of the room! He had crawled in from an open window. He chased me into the living room and pushed me onto the couch (which was right by the shrine of my roommate's sister. He pulled out a hunting knife and told me to pull down my pants. I started to cry and begged him not to do this. He told me to shut up and not to piss him off.

As he was on top of me I was staring at the bookcase with Lucy's shrine and all of the sudden the bookcase started shaking violently (and no- it was not an earthquake) as if it was going to fall over and then all of the candles blew out! Then the glass cross flew (not fell!) off of the top shelf and hit him on the back. He turned around and looked at the shrine and then the stereo came on and was blasting. He got up and ran out of the house and hasn't bothered me since.

I couldn't believe it! I know Lucy saved my life that night. Shortly after that, I moved back in with my parents. The graveyard where Lucy is buried is down the street from where I live now. I visit every so often to say, "hi."...and, "Thank you!"

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PrincessLeah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Noodles517 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
Hello, PrincessLeah!

My name is Laura and I work for a production company in Los Angeles. We are interested in possibly turning your story into a segment for a television series we are working on. Please respond to this message, or contact me at Laura [at] Karga7.com

Thank you for your time,
Laura
Carala11 (8 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Was he cutting your legs or your other thing off? I'm confused.
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-24)
You say he wanted to get back together with you. He sure didn't a very good method to try to reimpress you. I don't think when someone uses violence on a woman I don't think she would be very impressed. Thank God that ghost saved you. He sure got freaked out! Good! He deserved it! Since this was your first (I think this was your first as you said you didn't really think she can actualy protect you) supernatural experience did you freak out a little although the intention was to save your life. Also since you were protected at that house why did you move back home? Maybe she can still protect you anyway.
KirkoBezerko (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
A ghost doing good? Wow this is a first, great story and oh, your ex sounds like a fuking wanker
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-23)
Do you think it might have been your own energy that came out due to the intensive stressful situation? In any case, its good that you are okay. I'm glad that this violent person is not a part of your life. Sadly though, most women who are attracted to that type usually go back to another one eventually. I hope you learned a good enough lesson to make the right choice the next time you pick a boyfriend.
laylow13 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-22)
awh, that's like really kute. That lucy did that... [: I wish one day some one I know will do that for me. And for me to never have a violent signifiant other...
SavanaAngelina (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
That's really cool, I've never had an encounter with a ghost who actually did something good. Besides scare me.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
Sounds like something out of a Hollywood movie. Not sure if it was Lucy but whatever it was it was scary enough for your ex to take a hike. I would like to think it was her helping another woman in danger. Could it have been your own kinetic energy gone wild in a state of intense fear? Possibly. Hope this has taught you a lesson about violent men and not having them in your life. I'm glad you were not hurt. Kudos to Lucy.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
I love this story! 😳 All but the bad part...It's a good thing that the jacka** knew enough to high-tail it!...Lord knows what she could've done if given more time LOL! 😆...This is going in my favorites...Thanks...
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
Wow, what an incredible story. I hope Lucy keeps on looking out for you! Sounds like she's a great one to have around! Stay safe and God bless:)
~Trudy~
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
What an amazing tory! How fortunate you where that Lucy would have none of that animals behavior at her home!

Thanks for taking the time to share your memory that turned out so well with us!

God Bless!
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
What a horrible thing to have happen, I'm so sorry you had to experience that (the incident with your ex). I hope he is in a place where he can't do this to you or other women ever again. I'm glad that Lucy was there to help, she probably wanted to protect you because of how much you cared for her brother and his traditions.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
Great story! What started out as a scary experience for you, turned into a horrifying one for your ex. I bet he had to change his underwear after that. LOL! I'm glad Lucy was there to help you, and it is very sweet that you visit her grave now and then. Thanks for sharing your story 😊
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
Very nice story with a good ending. Glad she was there to save you from being hurt! I like positive ghost stories instead of always reading scary ones. The stories like this are few & far between. Thanks for sharing it! 😊
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
Maybe Lucy became some type of spirit guide? Your ex was awfully quick to of gotten into your house after he got off the phone.
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
That is an intense story. I would definately let Lucy know and thank her too.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: