You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa, Stop Misplacing My Stuff

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa, Stop Misplacing My Stuff

 

This is a mixture of two stories. One's my mothers, the other is my own.

My great grandfather died when my mother was eight years old. Shortly before him my great grandmother died as well. For forty years from the time he woke up to the time he went to bed, he would rock in his rocking chair. He also had a bladder pouch, which he despised and tried to get rid of in so many ways.

The night after my great grandfather died my mom and aunt had spent the night at the house. During the night they heard creaking. Walking out into the living room they saw the rocking chair slowly moving back and forth, as if he was sitting there doing it again and again and again. Now, my great grandfather apparently was a joker. He loved to hide things from people including his bladder pouch mind you. From about the time I was probably eight or nine he has been messing with me knocking over the top of my hamper when it was firmly secured, to taking my things and returning them hours, days, or weeks later. I don't know why but he picks on me and my mom the most. Sometimes it'll be my wallet that'll get stolen or my keys.

Once when my mother used to have a roommate, things would go missing. A hairbrush would disappear and then reappear in the silverware drawer. A ring of ponytail holders would mysteriously disappear and find its way into the crisper in the fridge.

So, is it possible for a spirit to start out residual and end up an intelligent being?

Other hauntings by ParanormalSpectrum

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ParanormalSpectrum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lone_Wolf (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
It just sounds like a harmless imprint. Occassionally annoying, but mostly harmless. We used to guide these beings "to the light" thinking they were lost spirits, but most of the time it like a physical menifestation of a memory. Some breeds of pixies can also be perpetrators. If the mischief becomes more melicious, drop me a line. 😁
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
If you want you things back, sometimes asking for them works. I had something that would always take the remote to my CD player, very annoying.
Arithod (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
ok faiben just chill for a min.
No there is not anyway of a residual spirit becoming intelegent. A residual is an imprint of the persons aura kind of a scar on our plane made by the contantly repeating an action. But it could be that the spirit of your grandfather was unsure of what had happened at first and continued doing what he would have in life. It might have taken him a while to understand what he had become and what he is capable of.
ParanormalSpectrum (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
Er, that made absolutely no sense. I read what you said, faiben, three times and I still don't get what you said. The spirit isn't a bad spirit. It just likes to take my stuff. I don't think I said anything about it being a bad spirit, or looking to seek revenge. Nor did I say ANYWHERE that it hurt us. He just takes our stuff and a few days (or hours or whenever he feels like) later it magically comes back in odd places.
faiben (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
its not likely this is your granpa, I'm sorry to say. More likely this is some entity who is looking for something important seemingly a good spirit... Things to ask your self: when someone hurt you did they by coincidence then became hurt themselves ask your mum that question. If this was a family member especially male they would seek revenge for the injustice done to there sibling and if this were a bad spirit you wold feel a great encouragement to seek your own revenge if you would like to know more email benjalowe [at] hotmail.com
ParanormalSpectrum (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
Hahaha, yeah. We always get a laugh when we find something in the oddest of places. I couldn't sic my great grandpa on my friens. Maybe my other ghosties but not Great Grandpa.
jadediana (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
You are very lucky he is coming back and probaly there to watch over you:) Why not try talking to him so you will always have somebody there to fool around with you and maybe get a good chuckle in trying to ask him to scare one of your friends but don't scare them toooooo much! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: