You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Breath On My Neck & Loud Exhalation

Real Ghost Stories

Breath On My Neck & Loud Exhalation

 

I was staying at my best friend's newly built house a couple of years ago; we were down stairs playing on the computer in the basement. She told me she had to use the bathroom and she would be back soon. I stayed down stairs still playing the game.

A few seconds after I heard her go upstairs, I started hearing movements behind me. She had four cats and an ornery little brother, so I immediately thought the noises were one of those. I heard more noise and I turned around and called out her brother's name thinking he was trying to trick me; it was too dark to see. No answer. I kept up with my game. The hair on the back of my neck stood up and I felt a breath on my neck and heard the loud hard exhalation to go along with it. I immediately froze and cocked my head, protecting my neck. I ran like mad up the stairs, tripping over a few, and to the bathroom door and started banging on it until she let me in. After I told her she what happed, we went to her brother's room, and he was asleep in his bed. I was so terrified.

Not only did this happen once, but two times on two different occasions when I had spent the night. The same breath and sound I heard and felt. The same spot I was sitting in and at about the same time at night (in the early am hours) Needless to say I didn't stay in the basement alone any more.

Other hauntings by honey91

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, honey91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
eeeee... 😕 they shouldn't build over graves, that's just creepy...
Khali1 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Yes I have tried to research, I know that while we were living there my dad dug up many wierd things in the yard. Also I know that there has been many bad car accidents rite around that area, an rite on the corner there is a cross were a man crashed his truck and passed away. Also I kno there is a old chinese cemitary with many unmarked graves and they alsmost built a house over them! Kauai has so much history we also used to see something sitting in our backyard! Also at that house we heard the breathing again one night in the kitchen!
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
Doesn't that freak you out?! Lol I agree with you. I think the land your house is on has some interesting history... You should research it! 😁
Khali1 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
I also had an experience of hearing a spirit breathing. I live on a small island in a mediumish nieghborhood just one road in & out. So anyways were we just driving up that road maybe 3 minuets from the house windows down & music pretty quiet when we came around this turn we heard heavy breathing right in the back seat! I was so scared I couldn't even look back, we just looked at eachother and screamed, we both heard it! We jumped out of the car & ran in the house so fast! But there was many wierd things at this house. I think it was a mix of the land & history at the house. But we moved out soon after and now the house is abandoned, I can't even look at it scares me now.
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Oh and don't worry, I won't go NEAR an ouija board. I refuse to.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
i agree with jazzeyjay.
Sometimes its the land you live on that is the problem... Not the actual house x
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
Well the house was built on what used to be a golf course in grain valley mo. I have no idea what was on the land was before the golf course was built. She didn't have one of them board things to my knowledge... Her mom, my God mother, believes that a ghost had followed her to their new house when they moved. Their was a very active little boy whom had occupied their old house, and my friend's mom thought he had followed her. Can this happen?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said it seemed to happen at the same time, same place etc. Sounds residual. However the feeling of breath on your neck shows a higher manifestation and could be intelligent. Hard to say. I have heard breathing sounds a few times in my life but never felt it. I'm sure it was unnerving to say the least.
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
I can back up jazzeyjay. I have lived many years in two brand new houses, and both of them were slightly haunted because the land was haunted. It also could have been me that was haunted I suppose. Anyway, VERY creepy story! Just promise me please please please do NOT play Ouija over there!
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
I agree with jazzeyjay. Either that or your friend has used one of those ouja (weeggie) boards.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
Thanks for your story. I noticed you wrote
"I was staying at my best friend's newly built house a couple of years ago." I pointed that out because it sounds to me like you typed that in there to specify that the house was brand new and in your mind you're probably thinking what most people think, that the house is new so it couldn't possibly be haunted. YES IT CAN! It can be the newest house in town and the most haunted. You must remember, land is old and dates back hundreds and hundreds of years. There may have been many things built on that land before your house was built, there even may have been battles faught on that land, you never know but the list goes on and on. We as people need to get this idea out of our heads that if a house is brand new, it couldn't be haunted, because it can and there are many, many in this world that are.

I hope this helps you!
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
I have more stories to write about this house in particular... I will write them soon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: