You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Paranormal Life And A Long Time Mystery

Real Ghost Stories

My Paranormal Life And A Long Time Mystery

 

I have had paranormal experiences since I was at least three years old (I'm 23 now). To start with I have 5 shadows that walk my walls when I get nervous or before something happens (such as the night my Aunt died of cancer). They look like shadows of men. I have never been afraid of them, I consider them my guardians.

Growing up I used to think there was something in my grandparent's house (I lived with them). I'd hear footsteps on the basement stairs and in the hallway. My grandparents told me it was just the house settling. When I was about 9 my cousin and I decided to explore the crawl space in our basement. We tossed in a pool cue stick to knock down cobwebs and we both saw it land on the ground. As we started to climb in the cue stick shot out of the crawl space barely missing us. As I said we both saw it land so it did not bounce off of anything. We were scared senseless and closed the crawl space door, locked it, and stacked boxes in front of it. We ran upstairs to get my grandpa and when he came down the boxes were unstacked and the door was open about 3 or 4 inches. I never went in the basement again. Now that I have moved out, my grandma and the housekeeper have seen a woman walking through the house.

I used to (and still do) see the occasional shadow walk along the wall. These shadows are different from the 5 guardians that patrol my walls.

Now I'm living at my mother-in-law's home, which has somewhat of a history with her. Nothing spectacular or tragic has happened in the house or on the property, but if we put railing on the stairs leading to the second floor and old homeless-looking man will sit there and watch you. My husband has also seen a clown-like face in one of the upstairs windows. My own experience is vastly different from theirs and is one I need help with.

One night I woke up and got this horrible scared feeling and was almost to the point of tears I was so scared. I looked over at the closet (which was open) and I could see a black mass sitting in the corner. It seemed to be moving back and forth like it wanted to come out and then it would retreat back in. As soon as I could take my eyes off of the thing I noticed my guardian shadows almost racing around the walls. I dragged my husband into the room next door and he feel back asleep on the couch while I was wide-awake.

The closet in this room was open (it is only separated from the other closet by a very thin wall) and I could see the figure move into that closet, coming through the wall. The 5 shadow guardians also followed us into that room. As the figure would try to come forward the shadows would go around the walls faster and then slow down as it retreated. At one point the figure surged out at me and in a very clear deep male voice said "6...6... In the car". It repeated this message two or three times and then fell back into the closet. After about thirty minutes the figure faded away and my shadows left and I felt calm again. I could feel the presence of this figure around the house for a few days after but nothing else happened. That was two years ago. We moved out for a while and have now moved back into the same rooms. Over the last couple of weeks I've heard the voice say "6...6... In the car" 5 or 6 times.

There is also a little spirit girl named Kathleen who is hanging around. I'll see her sitting on my bed or walking down the hall but then she vanishes. She likes to move my things around while I'm at work and she is terrified at night, stays near the bed. I can't always see her but I can feel her and she seems to be able to communicate with me telepathically when she needs. I'll see her face and then her name pops into my head or I'll picture her face and then I'll see where she hid my things.

Thank you for taking your time to read my story. I'd appreciate anyone's take on what I've gone through as well as any suggestions as to what "6...6... In the car" means.

Other hauntings by _edana_

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, _edana_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

_edana_ (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
Thank you Trudy for your 2 cents! I wish people would put aside their differences on sites like this but such is life. Anyways, Kathleen has not been around recently so I'm guessing she moved on. Actually not much has been around except for the voice in my latest story.
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
Yes, let's please leave our religious beliefs to ourselves or at least not put down another religion when commenting on other people's stories. This is something that has been understandable, seeing as how this is a site about spirits and all, but irritating at the same time to me. I am not sure what I call myself (former Christian, now more of a cross between Buddhist/Wiccan) but it's not important, and it can be offensive to many when you push your religion on them. There, I said it.:) Just my two cents.

That being said, I wish I could say something helpful for you Edana, but I will say that I agree that it's probably a bad idea to talk to the black mass, unless you honestly feel in your very gut that he means you no harm. (From the tone of your story, this I doubt.) I would cautiously communicate with Kathleen but if anything begins to feel uncomfortable (such as an escalation of "black mass" activity or a change in Kathleen's demeanor that leaves you wondering whether she really is friendly) then stop immediately. My guess is that she is probably friendly though... As far as having black shadows as guardians, I agree that it is a little odd. But I trust my gut feeling much more than my logical mind, and if you feel completely safe and protected while they are around, you probably are... One thing to just be cautious about... You say they always appear during negative times. And when the black mass came forward they got faster. This could also suggest ill intent on their part...? But these shadow guardians have been around you most of your life it seems so you would know best I'm sure.

At any rate,...creepy story! Definitely going into my favorites. I just hope this thing doesn't scare you any further! Good luck and stay safe!
~Trudy~
cutechoy (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
the shadows might give you a vision like they want you to see what happened the day they died or killed...

The shadows might have killed the black mass...

The black mass might want to get out or have justice...

Just comment...

By:choy-choy (my nickname) 😊 😊 😊
_edana_ (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
First off, I am not Christian, I am Pagan so putting down my religion is rather offensive. I'm looking for honest answers not "get a bible and you'll be safe." Second, I understand evil can conceal itself well and in many forms. I do not believe that just saying "you aren't welcome" is enough. I do take precautions such as casting a circle and calling the guards and quaters.
blued1 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-06)
I liked your story. Could the mass have been saying 6 6 6, in the car and maybe you didn't hear the other six? It is the mark of the wild beast in Revelation. It is called, a man's number. Irregardless, such experiences are dangerous. Anytime I have such experiences, I am frightened literally to death! So be careful!

Burn the Ouiji Board immediately. Using it opens the way for evil spirits Get a Bible and put it in your bed. Examine any items that may have some evils spirits attached. Unusual looking items, statutes, gold and silver items, jewelry, some garage sale things. Experiment, removing items from your home. Do not use a cross, it is a pagan symbol and not really ever used by Jesus or his disciples.

Shadow Guardians? That can't be good. I don't want to hear or see anything in the night. I don't want to sense they are there. I holler out to Jehovah (the ven if I can only say his name (sometimes I appear paralized, unable to speak or move) once I get passed his name, the rest comes and the incidents stop. Sometimes I holler out in my mind. My faith must be strong because that helps!

I think I know why they seem black to us. They can hid better. The human eye is not designed to be able tosee spirit creatures. The Bible tells us that. I have also seen people, dead people, out of the corner of my eye. Like a black movement, sudden like. In my mind, I know who it is. That scares me that I can know it's name. I pray often. Avoid any contact with spirits. No mind numbing drugs or drink. Don't open yourself up to them, don't question them or speak to them. Don't do trances or deep meditation.

Good luck. Write me back. I have had many experiences all frightening.
robertar (223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-03)
the purpose of the "message" might simply be meant to draw you in. As in "curiosity killed the cat"

And why do you think that just because you say evil spirits are not welcome that you have made yourself safe. If you unlock your front door with a sign saying "burgalers are not welcome to steal, rapists are not welcome to come in,..." none of that makes you any safer from having unlocked your door.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Good luck and keep us posted. I will continue to pray (to Christ) for your protection. Please keep us informed on how you are doing, it will be interesting to know how the goddess thing works out for you. Be careful.
_edana_ (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Side note... I am Wiccan and have asked for protection from my Goddess and I believe she has given me that protection since I have yet to be harmed by anything. The entire area I live in is "infested" with paranormal activity. I'm in Marietta, Georgia. I have Atlanta, Roswell, and Kennesaw surrounding where I live (major areas in the Civil War). In fact the Kennesaw Battle fields are less than 20 minute from my house. Nothing special came up in my research so I'm thinking that maybe it has to do with one of the Civil War spirits, but then again they didn't have cars yet...so?
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
If you can afford it, the best thing would be to move away. I have never heard of guardian angels being seen as black shadows, but they may not be black, I may have assumed that and pardon me if they are not. Some people assume that they are not bad because many times they don't appear to do anything good or bad. You must understand that they are not normal regardless. The issue with the thing in the closet is not normal as well. None of them want to leave and that particular house sounds like it is infested. I would get out even if I could not afford it, I don't think anything good can come of these experiences. If you are not affiliated with any sort of religion, get a Bible and read it, especially the Gospels and learn about Jesus and what he did for you and me and how His love will conquer all. Learn to pray and leave your Bible open on your night stand. This can only do good so there is no harm to you, the upside is that you will learn about Jesus and you will quickly learn the true nature of all of the beings that you are encountering-they will high tail it out of there as quick as you can say "God rebuke you"! If you want it to end and know these things true nature, do it and do it now.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
edana--It's possible, too, that Kathleen was done wrong by Mr. Black Blob, and the message connects them. Since you weegee, can you ascertain any clues to identity?
When you point out "nothing happened," I take it you mean no disasterous event that you know of. The dates could signify people outside your realm, though, perhaps to do with the spirit's kith and kin. Or dates he was "there" with you?
I'm not exactly in agreement with Vincent. If your feel your shadow guides are intervening from its assault on you, I thing I'd try NOT to talk to it. Just be very careful to do your procedures with that board. Entities can be sneaky in ways we can scarcely conceive.
~ James
Vincent67 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
Heh. Well, Congrats. Your story intrigued me so much I signed up. Anyways... If you happen to see it again in the near future, try call and response, turning all lights out and ask it simple questions... This can get you anything from claustrophobia to hearing someone give you real answers. But based on what you said with the male voice, I think that you can possibly get answers out of it. Also, about kathleen. Ask her questions if you already haven't. Get as much interaction with her as possible, but I suggest staying away from the black mass except for talking to it.
_edana_ (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
I have asked it questions through an ouiji board (yes I know most are against them, but I make it clear when I start and when I finish that no one is welcome to linger). The board spelled out the same "6...6...in the car" message and then started giving random dates 10/9/07, 9/17/09, and June 2011 (it spelled out each month and the numerical day and year). Nothing happened in 2007 so I have to see about next month and 2011. The mass does not like my shadows on the wall and they do not like it. I am looking into the house history and the local obits for 1966... Thanks for the ides!
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
edana--Could the message indicate the black mass died in a car in 1966? Sometimes ghost whispers are mumbled and not heard as what is intended, but since you and your husband have heard it numerous times, you must be correct in interpretation. What does he think of the shadows on the wall? And your mother-in-law? The shadows apparently don't want the black mass to get too close to you.
Yes, I'd look in the obits of 1966. Or ask for more information, another clue. Such as What does it want you to do? Keep us posted. ~ James
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
Lotteabeth:
There's a possibilty that the black mass is not evil...
But how do you explain why these shadows tried their best to keep it a distance from _edana_?
Lotteabeth (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
I have to say I really don't believe in evil spirits, perhaps this black mass/6...6 car message is not for you or the black mass is simply lost? I don't know what kind of things you do but you could try asking it to leave/if it needs help, don't put yourself in any danger though (:
Hope you figure things out
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
Hmmm... GOOD LUCK on your search... I pray for your safety... Be sure to post if anything new has hapenned... And if you find any new information... ❤
_edana_ (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
I know the neighborhood was built in the mid 70's. I also thought about the car wreck idea since by husband has been hit twice by drunk drivers, yet has a thing for racing... Go figure. Anyways, I don't have an option of moving out, at least not for a while. The "6...6...in the car" bit has just stumped me. I've matched it to the sixth letter in the alphabet, the 12th letter, car manufacture dates (like a '66 mustang or something). Thank you for your ideas, please let me know if you have any others.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Your story is spectacular...
I agree with book_luver123... It might be that black mass was something sort of evil presence... Your shadows and the girl don't like it means you must stay away from it... Try moving out... It's my suggestion... 😐 and why don't you look up the library archives nearby and look for the history of the building, like they do in horror movies. Find somehing related to 6 and car... GOOD LUCK! 😊
racer123246 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Not to get you scared or anything, but the "bad black mass" might be telling that you, a loved one, or a close friend may die in a car crash with 6 people involved.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
"6...6...in the car"? Wow I am stumped. If your shadows don't like it and the little girl doesn't like the night. I am thinking that perhaps this thing is not nice. 😨 Wait new idea what if the thing is referring to a car accident were there were 6 people in the car? ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: