You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: 9 Month Old Ghost Causes Car Accident

Real Ghost Stories

9 Month Old Ghost Causes Car Accident

 

In August, my dad went to a random graveyard and brought home a tombstone to display in our basement, since we have lots of antiques and things like that down there. He thought it would be "cool". So he cleaned it off and put it out. It was of a 9 month old girl, I think her name was Roseanne or something similar to that. She was born in 1854. Soon after the tombstone was brought home, bad things started happening. They included me wrecking two of our cars (one backing into the other), and my dad's car accident.

In October my mom got a phone call from a woman saying "your husband has been in an accident" and it was probably the scariest moment of my life. It was right down the street from our house so my mom quickly drove down there and I was told to stay put. (I'm 17 by the way). I was hysterical because no one knew what was going on or how bad it was and I honestly thought he was dead. It turned out his truck was completely totaled, way beyond repair, but my dad was saved by the airbag. He broke some bones in his neck and had to wear a brace for a while but now he's fine.

A couple days ago my mom decided that the tombstone was at fault for all these things happening and she wanted it gone. We had a "family vote" and we decided to make him put it back. He didn't actually steal it from a grave, by the way. It was leaning against a wall in the back of the cemetery. But anyway he's putting it back tomorrow and tonight he went to get it to bring it upstairs and really noticed the dates on it. The date the little girl died was October 10th, 1854. The date of his car accident was... October 10th.

I think this is so creepy. Do you think it's definitely related? And do you think it will all be over once the tombstone is returned?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, demetra0309, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

K_marie82 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-25)
Whatever the cause of the accidents that was so disrespectful towards the poor little girl gosh!
Barbie1637 (1 stories) (34 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
It is great he took it back. I grew up on an Indian Burial ground... They did not appreciate it either... Our house was very haunted and some would say cursed... It did not end well... My stories will be posted if they ever open the page again... 😊
ghost4life (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Wow that is really shocking about your dad, I cannot believe that the little girl died on the same date as your dad. 😁
ghost4life (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Wow that is really shocking about your dad, I cannot believe that the little girl died on the same date as your dad. 😁
wiccavamp92 (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
if it keeps happening yo might want to get a priest to come over
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
wow that werid with the dates and all. Def-fin-nut-ly he should put it back. It wasn't even a good idea to take it away from the body. That sort of thing does always bring trouble.
GIRLIE 😐
lovedbymany11 (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
I Definitely Believe That Little Girl Was THe Cause Of It. Like She Was Saying, "You Disturbed My Peace Now Imma Disturb Yours" Kinda Thing! But Good Luck (:
shadowspirit (4 stories) (122 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-01)
well I think they are related, I read that if you remove a spiritual item (an item in which a ghost is bound to), then the ghost follows it, the little girl obviously wanted revenge for your dad stealing her gravestone
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-12-22)
That was not only a criminal thing to do but a stupid thing to do.
crystal90 (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
why the hell would anyone take something from a graveyard? REALLY rude. I'm sorry to say
cassyt89 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
I think I find this story hard to believe because I am sure I have read something online pretty much with the same storyline.
believesinspirts7207 (8 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-27)
never ever steal from a grave yard or "got" from the grave yard because your just asking for trouble 😠 😠
katm72 (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
Good thing he did take it back. I am sure the spirits (parents) of the little girl were disturbed by the little girls tombstone being taken out of the graveyard. I am sure that a 9 month old baby was not haunting you. Please, don't do anything like your father did in the future. The fact that he put it in the basement is really creepy. I am glad that you are ok, & I am glad that your father wasn't badly hurt or killed. I hope that he does look at this as a warning though.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
It is a good thing he put the tombstone back. I wonder why they moved it in the first place? I know that just because you buy a plot does not mean it will be there in the future, especially one from 1854! I have been to many cemeteries where they "discard" old tombstones and make a brand new plot over an existing one to make more room. It is a business and space is limited and worth money. I know that sounds callous of me, but where I used to live in California they built the "white" cememtery, a trailer park, and a drive-in movie theater over an already pre-existing Chinese immigrant cemetery from the 1800's. The only way you could've found out about that is by looking at really old maps in public records, its not something the city wanted to advertise. In your case if there was a spirit attached to the tombstone it was probably already mad that the tombstone was moved in the first place, and bringing it home was icing on the cake so to speak.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
Um... 1854 hmm No cars Yet but a wagon or some auto moblie in the early 19's so maybe the baby died when the mom or dad drive or in the 18's there no such great doctors that baby may had died of diease through the time like fever or something.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
i haven't read any of the comments yet so sorry if I repeat what others have posted.

How DARE your dad take a head stone! Regardless of where it was, its not his, & extremely disrespectful. I'm ashamed, really. Not to bright of a man is he!? Sorry but this struck a nerve, I have a baby who is not with us anymore & this just make me sick to my stomach. I hope you fathers foolishness doesn't put his family whom he is supposed to protect, in to any more danger. Bless you.

~~LSD~~
robertbjgvch190 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-02-07)
If you dad took it from cemetery property regardless of where it was placed in the cemetery that's stealing
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
yes...in fact I do find it hard to believe.

That is my opinion.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
Zzsgranny and Eyeswideopen are correct.

Stealing from ANY graveyard, whether a Western Civilization one or an ancient Native American one is going to invite trouble.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
I don't think there were cars in 1854 😆...maybe carriages... But not the horseless ones LOL!
Denni (4 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
Gosh! This little girl probably died of a car crash! TOTALLY RELATED! 😭
dalton1976 (1 stories) (46 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
It really look like fake, "Tales from the crypt" like storie. Ghosts don't act like that.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
Did the little girl die in a car accident? Maybe research the little girl for whom the tombstone is for.
Cort (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
This kind of stuff can usually happen if you disrupt a spirit like this. But once you take the tombstone back to it's original place the activity should stop.
Girl-Who-Can-Get-Scared-505 (1 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
😲 OMG! I Know It is real. I Just Can't Believe It! I Have A Super Scary Story and I'll Post it soon (Plus I'm New LOL).
taylorchelsea (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
I think the dates are definatly related, because I'm at my cousins house at the moment and my uncle Brent has passed away a few years ago and on his birthday, when my cousin, serena, was vacuming it kept turning on and off, randomly and the cord was fine, and the switch.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
"...definitely related?" Nah. In life sometimes there are just some instances that have remarkable coincidences to them.
I am curious about this returned check for $4000. Do you mean that it was a check that your Dad made out to someone as a payment for something, and it was returned to him? Or that he received a $4000 check just out of the blue?
While I agree that it is never a good idea to take anything from a grave site, or a cemetery (and I DO mean ANYthing. A placement stone, an arrow head, a card, a toy... Flowers) I do know of a woman who actually adorned her entire yard with items "found" at the local cemetery. NOTHING ever really happened to her (and yes, the authorities were alerted to this) save for having a few of the local residents (the live ones, that is) teed off at her from time to time, and being asked (forcibly) to return said items.
I think there is a certain leniency given to "special" cases. Meaning, not EVERYone who takes a carnation out of a floral display at a cemetery will be haunted. Neither will everyone who snatches a stone.
I am assuming that this was not a rather large headstone, as they do tend to get a mite on the heavy side. I was pleased to see that he took it back, and am wondering if "location" is an important key. You say that he took it back to the spot he got it from. I am pleased to read that nothing further seems to have happened.
Did I get this wrong? Were there several such headstones kind of piled up together in an out of the way area of the cemetery? If that be true, and if you HAD been visited... There is no PROOF that it was the little girl whose name is chiseled in that particular stone.
It was on a PILE. ONE was taken...
WHICH ghost would actually follow?
Thank you.
georgusgal (1 stories) (6 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
i think both the dated are related. The babies mum might have had a carcrash on october 10th and killed the baby. I think your dad is lucky to be alive after an accidet like that!

Love
Georgusgal
Xxxxxxxxx ❤ ❤ ❤
Heigne (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
Your father shouldn't have taken the tombstone in the first place, even if there was no grave:\
I think it will end when you return the girl's tombstone, she's probably quite upset that it's gone.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
I do think it is related. One of the most traumatic deaths there is, is the death of a child. If my baby died, I would want to go with him. That grave marker, I am sure, would cary bad karma to take it. I hope your dad learned his lesson and all goes well after the return.
If I were him I would restore the thing to make up for any harm done!
Good luck! 😐

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: