You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Noises in the Night

Real Ghost Stories

Noises in the Night

 

I have always believed in spirits and the undead but I never thought anything would ever happen to me... Until two nights ago when it finally did. I am 17 years old and I have never been so scared. I was really nervous to turn off my lights the other night but I didn't know why because I am never nervous about a good night's sleep. I fell asleep around 8:30pm and didn't wake up until midnight... All the clocks in my room read 12:00 and the air in my room was so cold that I could see my breath and it is NEVER that cold anywhere in my house. I laid in bed breathing heavily and I kept hearing a creaking noise under my bed and then I heard a scuffing noise going across my carpet by my closet. The scuffing noise then turned around and headed toward my bed and all of a sudden a huge black figure stood up over my bed for a split second and made a low screaming noise and then left. As it was screaming, a huge wind hit me in the face... And the next thing I knew it was time for me to wake up for school.

Did I dream this? Because when I woke up, I had goose bumps and all my clocks still read 12:00 and... I have a bunch of boxes under my bed and they were spread out all across my floor. What's going on? It really freaks me out!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JCop08, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

hyperboy (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
it is not a ghost it is a demon don't go to your room and tell your parents its probably male and perverted that's if your a girl if your a boy than its a female demon if so RUN away because if its female than prepair cause they kill the males will only stay 2 or 3 nights females stay 5 to 20 nights and if there not satisfied they will kill you
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
I wrote a story and it hasn't been published yet. Just a couple of weeks ago I experienced a lot of noises in the night at my cousin's home out of my city. I never experienced this before. It is pretty scary. I can relate with you J.
Cirdan (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
It might have been a dream, but maybe a sign from the "ghost(s)" in your house or something? Maybe it was a by passing ghost? I don't know, if nothing has happened before. Maybe you have been somewhere and it followed you? 😕
JW (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
That Grim Reaper looking thing, they where black cloaks and hoods to hide themselves, because you would be scared out of your mind if you saw them. They generally look like skull and skeleton or a variety of tall reptilian (snake-like) creatures with red, yellow to green eyes. They are checking in to see if you want to join the "dark side". Time has no meaning when you are in their realm, so 12: 00 will still be 12:00. As for the boxes underneath your bed, I would move them, better energy flow for the "good side" when boxes are not there.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
To those that are having trouble sleeping at night due to spirit activity. Try burning lavander incense in your room before going to sleep. Negative energies are not expelled but rather repelled but the scent. Should allow you to get a good nights sleep. Now you can go further and cleanse the entire home with white sage, then cedar, then sweet grass braid. But you should know this is something that takes some time and effort and shouldn't be taken lightly. Plus if you are dealing with a strong or evil spirit it can take more than once to expell them from your home.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you all.
unguided_traveler (9 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Hey, Aileen, I undertand your problem. I, too, hear and see things. Whether I'm thinking or have recently been reading the stories on this site or watching scary movies or not. I honestly cannot give you any real advice because I've been dealing with this for over two years and haven't come up with any way to make them go away and none are talking directly to me except to say my name in the night. I have a cat who follows me everywhere, and sometimes at night and, even scarier, during the day, he reacts as if he is seeing or hearing a person standing in front of him when we are alone in the house. My mom thinks I'm a little nuts, but she's a logical person.
for some reason, just now, I felt the need to look behind me at my room and thought I just saw someone walk past the open door. My brother is in his room and it's just us here...creepy. See what I mean?
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
I agree with shane, smudging using dried white sage will be your best bet. You just have to make sure the smoke fill every crack and crevice. Ghost cannot be in its presence.
Aileen (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
JCop08, the first thing I read was "screaming noise" but that's because I scrolled down too fast and the first thing I thought was screaming banshee, perhaps? But then I read it all and... I'm not sure. =... I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help.

I have a question about noises in the night and stuff, I was hoping maybe Shane or somebody who I see around on here would have an explanation.

I've always heard things in the night, seen things and all that. I can always feel a presence. Last night after reading a lot of the stories on here I could feel a presence in my house. It didn't show itself but I could feel it. So I went to bed and heard music playing and then some talking and then a crash, as though something had fallen off of something else. I went into my fathers room and of course he was wide awake to, he said it was probably the cats.

I nor my father slept a wink lastnight because we just... Couldn't sleep. I felt as though a playful presence didn't want us to sleep and didn't want to be awake alone lastnight. It's weird because I felt the presence beside me while I read the stories outloud. Perhaps, it was the presence of somebody young and they were scared to be awake alone last night? I don't know... Maybe I'm imagining it.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Shaun, Exorcism is only used in the removal of demonic entities contrary to popular belief. Also some of those in other faiths may call it an exorcisim but it really isn't. That and getting the church to approve an Exorcism is a difficult task to do. Blessings or Smudging ceremonies are a more practical route and do not require any of the red tape.
Shaun (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
I've read that some spirits would not easily pass from the living to the other side, instead trying to seek refuge amongst the living. From your description of events, it seems to be exactly that. Chances are you may never again experience an appearance from that entity. If you do, an exorcism may be the answer.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Could be possible poltergeist activity. If you don't mind answering a few questions? Like are you male or female? Have you been stressed out, angry, or highly upset lately? Has anyone else experienced this? I know these sound like personal questions but believe me it is all a part of the investigation, even though I am not back in Ohio to do the actual investigation I may be able to determine from your answers what it is you are dealing with.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: