You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Pretty Lady

Real Ghost Stories

Pretty Lady

 

I remember the first night I switched to the 'overnight/graveyard' shift. I was so happy: less calls, no supervisors around to watch you every minute, no traffic before/after work, great parking and the silence! I parked up front and came upstairs through the back of the building and as I reached the top I happened to look to my right and I see a very pretty lady sitting at another employee's desk just typing away at the keyboard. I thought 'That's strange? Mary would NEVER let anyone use her desk or computer?' Mary was a workaholic on the administration side that was always bugging people to do more work and never left her desk. I tried to avoid that side of the building since it consisted of supervisors, billing corporate-folk and the president/vice-presidents. Anyways, I didn't see the lady's face but I FELT she was very beautiful, very sophisticated and compelled to look at her? I saw her from behind with her leg crossed as she was typing away. She wore a bright red blazer jacket with pointy shoulders (kind of 80s style), a black slimming mid-thigh skirt, sexy shiny black heels, black stockings and her hair was straight shoulder length jet black. What struck me the most was how bright the colors were, they just seemed so rich! After that moment I turned left to walk towards my section of the call center to my desk. As I sat down and logged into the phones I started to think, 'Who was that lady, she's so pretty. I bet she's not from around here, she dresses so professional like she's from a big city or corporate place.' Just to say, Tucson is very laid back. Even businesses here are casual in dress mainly because it's so damn hot!

I had to go to the break room which is in-between the two departments and for some reason I looked back over to see if I could find her again. It had only been maybe 5 minutes since I walked back but she was gone. My first thought was how strange it was that she was there so late (730pm) usually all the big wigs leave as soon as it hits 5pm or even sooner. I walked around to see if she had left or see her outside, but nothing. I was curious since we have a strict security door that is locked and you can't get in without a badge or calling the main desk. There was only two ways out: past our section towards the stairs or around the back past the receptionist desk which has a noisy door and cameras. I just shrugged it off and thought 'How strange'. She just left without a trace. For some reason I was compelling to find her.

As I worked throughout the night I wanted to re-trace my steps and return to the top of the stairs where I originally saw her. (I don't know why I was obsessed with this ha-ha) but as I stood there I noticed the desk where I saw her originally couldn't have been possible because now there was a huge fake plant in the way. I swear she was sitting right there, clear as day! I was confused so I started walking towards that desk and again noticed there couldn't have been a way for me to see her because the desk in front of Mary's desk was covered with boxes, old office equipment, papers and old files all piled on top. But I know she was sitting right there! Crazy! There were no obstacles in my way or anything around when I first saw her. I kept thinking 'She was sitting right there! I know it! How is that possible?'

We were busy with calls most of the night but later on I had finally asked the other two night people, "Who's that lady in the bright red blazer and black mini-skirt sitting at Mary's desk? Is she allowed in the building? It's kind of late and I thought we were the only ones allowed in here?" My co-worker who sat in front of me turned around and said "Oh! You said she had on a red blazer with black hair? Kinda pretty lady...?" I said "Yes, do you know her? Who is she?" She asked "Did you see her face? Did you see her leave?" I responded "Well, No. I didn't see her coming or going or what her face even looked like..." I was surprised when the two girls responded "Neither have we! But we see her periodically at different desks around here. We never see her face. We never see her come or go either." I was nervous and said "Okay! We can't talk about this anymore. It's only my first night doing graveyard!" I thought they were just messing around but these girls had serious looks on their faces and described this lady to a tee.

There are many more stories from that building I'll tell you all about later...

Other hauntings by michellelovesghosts

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, michellelovesghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
Thanks for the good comments. I think this lady is the one that's been playing around and trying to talk to me when I'm at work at night. The building seems like it was built in the 1970s but the strange thing is she definately looked 1980s by the way she was dressed. The building may not be that old but who knows what happened on the land before that? Some people really love their jobs and are devoted, maybe she felt happy at hers? If you think about it, work is your 2nd home.
I appreciate beautiful sexy women as well and I'm wondering if she 'happen' to overhear me one day during my lunchtime gossiping with a friend? Ha ha 😁 ❤
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
Why don't you go to her and ask her nicely. Tap her on thew shoulders or something. This way you can chat with this lady. She might now be a ghost. The quite and silent type or a person.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
What a interesting and well written story, I like these stories where others share the experience, rules out your imagination, good idea vulcan to obtain a picture, thank you for sharing.

Aussiedaz
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
I like this story it seems as if your really there whilst its happening. If possible I would try to find out a bit more information about the workplace and its history obviously the woman loved her job. Its weird that she is seen in differant locations, if it was a residual haunting you would expect to see her in the same locations.

Thank you for sharing

Dan
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
If I definetly knew she was a ghost, then I'd be ready everytime I came to work with my cell phone out ready to take a picture, plus I'd approach her quickly as soon as I saw her. Apparently she allows herself to be seen by a person more than once, so when you see her again try and get a picture or at least approach her. Let us know what happens.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: