You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hateful Feelings

Real Ghost Stories

Hateful Feelings

 

I love reading everyone's stories on this website and I invite any skeptic to spend time reading some of these personal accounts from real people. This is my second story:

As I mentioned I grew up in military household and moved a lot. My father was stationed this time in Salt Lake City, UT and we were staying with friends of the family until we got a new home. My father got tired of waiting for base-housing as there was a long list and decided to search through the local newspaper for available rentals in the area. I was young but I remember my parents discussing over one house in particular he chose. I recall my mother saying "...well, don't you think we should take a look at it first?" My father wanted it right away since the price was good and we were tired of being cramped up in our temporary place.

I remember the night we finally got our things together and we all drove to the house. We were all excited and my little sister and I couldn't wait to see what new adventures this big two storey house had in store. When we pulled up to the driveway I noticed it was unusually dark out and a big full moon was hanging over the house. I started to get an eerie feeling but brushed it aside. We went through the back door which led to the basement/entertainment area and immediately I felt something was "not right". It was terrible. I ignored it and proceeded to bring in my things to the upstairs bedroom I picked out. I went back downstairs, through the back door again and back to the car to get more things. Each time I re-entered I felt so intimidated and threatened? I couldn't shake the feeling. As I entered one last time with my belongings I was drawn to the back corner of the basement which led to all the pipes and housing what not's and noticed how very dark it was back there! I felt there was something staring at me, right in my face in pure hatred. The words 'get the F **** out' came to mind for some reason? I finally broke my gaze fearing I would see something I didn't want to see and went back upstairs and whispered to my mom, "This house is weird". She just ignored it and kept cleaning the kitchen.

Later that night, we were so tired and went to our rooms to sleep on the floor since our furniture hadn't arrived yet. My little sister and I slept on the floor in my room and we noticed by now the large full moon was directly through my window creepy. We didn't have curtains yet and it made it hard to sleep since the moon was so bright shining through my window. My parents and baby brother slept in their room on the floor. I kept waking up throughout the night and couldn't relax and kept thinking I heard noises through the vents coming from downstairs?

Finally, the next morning I made up my mind that I didn't like the house and summoned up the courage to tell mom. Before I could say anything during breakfast mom said "Gosh! I could not sleep last night I don't know why but I just could not sleep? I also had a nightmare that a man downstairs was trying to pull Jimmy's leg (my baby brother) and drag him downstairs. I was trying to save him and the man just kept pulling him down... It was a scary dream!"

My father sat there quietly. He is a macho-type of man that never shows any emotion but I had a feeling, he knew. Something about that house was just 'not right'.

The next day my father called the owner and said "I'm sorry but we're not taking the house. We just got another offer..." and some other random excuses he made up. He was a little upset we couldn't get our large deposit money back but, oh well.

We later found out a married couple lived in the home and loved the house but the husband had a heart attack and died in the basement. The wife was forced to move out. When I heard that, I told my sister "I knew it! I told you it wasn't just me..." I felt so much anger and hatred there I was so happy we left.

To this day I tell mom "Thank you for not making us stay in that house"

Other hauntings by michellelovesghosts

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, michellelovesghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-27)
Skeptic has been reading lass.

There is a difference between Anecdotal and Empirical evidence.
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
Wow its hard with little kid ghosts I bet? You don't really want to yell at a little kid but at the same time its scary. I think theyre just lonely and want someone to play with. I saw a program about ghost children, it made me cry. I mean, theyre just little kids you know? They don't understand what's going on. 😢
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
My parents knew that house was creepy too, they just didn't talk about it in front of the kids. My mom said the ghost pulled her foot in the middle of the night! Probably trying to get her out of the house.
BriannaParanormal (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
I Have a ghost of a little girl constantly with me, she only attacked me once and my mother many times I do not know why. My mother denies her altogether excistence
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
c-r-e-e-p-y! Wow I am SO glad that your Dad let you guys move out of the house. A lot of parents would brush those kind of things aside and not even consider moving again, especially after putting down a deposit. Who knows what may have happened if you guys hadn't left!
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
wow grinch, I just read your profile and you sound just like me! 😆
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
Aw thanks! I was thinking my story is dumb but as I read it again and remembered some of the creepy stuff I got chills too! 😊
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
This story sent chills down my back, Michellelovesghosts! Especially the part when you said you went to the basement & felt like something was staring at you from the darkness, sending out an evil feeling! Yikes! Your mom's dream was horrifying as well. Good thing you guys got out of there because who knows what could have happened if you had stayed! 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: