You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow People At Work

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow People At Work

 

I started my job 3 years ago and I eventually got tired of working days and moved to nights where it's less busy and more relaxed. That's when I started noticing more 'things' like dark shadows passing by other desks out of the corner of my eye. I would just blow it off. I started to hear tapping noises too from the huge windows behind my desk. Since there were other people around I just passed it off as someone else doing it.

When I went to overnights/graveyard shift that's when I really started to pick up on things I couldn't explain. They eventually moved our team to the other side of the call center and this is where it seemed more active. In front of my desk, about 50 ft away was a tv/que hanging from the ceiling. We always checked it to see if calls were holding and for how long, letting us know to answer the phones quickly. When I worked at my computer I would constantly see out of the corner of my eye a dark shadow passing back and forth in front of that TV. It drove me crazy! I even started pushing my files and papers higher up in my cubicle to block it out. One night I actually caught a glimpse of it. I was shocked. It was the top half, side view of a 'shadow person'. The head was slightly bent backward and the mouth open as if in a dazed lost state. Maybe that's how shadow people are? Wandering around in a half unconscious state just roaming in their dimension, lost? I think it may have been drawn to that TV since it was a bright white background and it was attracted to the light or used its energy? It moved very quickly and when I noticed it wasn't there anymore, I knew it was wondering around the call center at night. Yikes! I would hear noises, bangs, alarm clocks/radios going off at random and would feel a sensation of something passing by my desk. I especially hated going to the bathroom late night by myself and would make it fast! A few times I heard the toilet flushing over and over from behind the wall, which was the men's room. When I went back to my desk I asked the only other person there if he went to the bathroom, nope.

Another co-worker told me when he was in the bathroom all alone the automated paper towel dispenser went off by itself and rolls of tissue started spiting out. It has a sensor underneath that goes off giving you paper towels but he wasn't near it? He was on the other side of the sink. He said he got creeped out and immediately went back to his desk.

It was me and another guy that did the graveyard together and eventually one night we shared our experiences. I'll have to post other stories since there's too many.

One night I was relaxed at 2am just watching a movie at my desk when something got my attention. I looked over down a long isle/hallway that leads to the restrooms. It was always darker over there especially when we turned off the annoying office lights at night but I saw the top half, head- shoulders of a shadow person darting quickly down the isle in between the supervisors cubicles as if it was roaming around. It moved so fast but I caught a glimpse. Sometimes I would see a shadow of the top part of the head passing by other cubicles at random too. The term "restless spirit" made perfect sense to me. I always pretended not to notice since spirits sense your fear and use your energy. I think she knew I liked being scared and all things paranormal so she started to like me and play around more. Sometimes I would catch the shadow peeping at me from around the corner as if to say 'Hehe, I see you! Do you see me?' It was funny.

I remember one night when my co-worker and I were chit chatting and I suddenly felt a tugging on the back of my shirt. I ignored it thinking it was my shirt caught on my belt. Moments later, it happened again. I stopped and knew she was tugging on my shirt. I thought it was amusing though. I know it's a female spirit and I will tell you in my next story!

Other hauntings by michellelovesghosts

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, michellelovesghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PseudoHuman (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
Wow it is funny how similar our experiences at work were. I often saw shadows and had unexplainable things happen to me while working. I had a bathroom experience as well where I would hear the door opening and footsteps and no one else was there! Maybe you could try recording one night, see if you could catch anything. At least your job seems a bit more entertaining!
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
I did actually take my digital camera there the last night before we had to switch buildings. Around 3am I walked around the call center and just took random pictures here and there. I don't think I caught anything when I went through them later but maybe I shouldve been more interactive like Zak Bagans on "Ghost Adventures" Its funny, he talks smack and gets the ghosts emotional and all wriled up! Thats when crazy stuff happens! 😆
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
This story is really interesting and I think its a good thing that your not affected that much by your visitor!
Its always reassuring when you have another person telling you that they see the same things.
I woould suggest take a camera and tell her/him that you want to take a few piccies of him/her but if they don't want to be in them to step out the shot then take some... And say thankyou and then get them developed... You might see something interseting!
Just a suggestion though 😊
xXelliemayXx ❤
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Aw thanks! I know it sounds weird but after my initital shock I started to feel like she wanted a friend and was curious about me? Maybe we shared the same sadness? (I was always cranky and complaining at work ha ha). We eventually had to move to another building and after a month I started to kind of miss her? Me and the other night people still talk about it and I always thought about her and the weird things that happened at night.
I wondered if she followed me home for a day? One afternoon on my day off, I was watching tv and out of nowhere my volume bar went up up up up?! I held down the volume bar but it cont'd to go up sooo loud! I have never had that problem with my tv. Also, I had a sensation a few times like someone just walked into the room but my cat never responded and I never felt threatend so I'm not sure on that one...
I love it though 😆
see27burn (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
Wow, this is very cool! I have seen shadow people too, but didn't take it quite as well as you did! Thank you for sharing your story! Very interesting!

♥meg
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
Oh also, I have said things aloud when I'm there alone and bored at work. I think she listens and hears me? I also think one night in the break room she tried talking to me too! I suddenly heard a low whispering in my ear and got a visual of a shorter woman standing next to me? It happened so suddenly then I was interupted by a supervisor that walked in. I was kind of mad since I tried to communicate with her. Fun stuff 😁
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
Thanks for the fun comments.
Shadow people are fascinating to me! I had a feeling she was really bored and seeking entertainment. And yes! There are cameras there, I wanted to mention it to one of the I.T. Guys but they are always busy. I'm sure they will find something. He knows weird stuff happens there at night too. Btw, I live in Tucson. This happened in the old AOL bldg I worked at.
I think the Southwest has a lot of history and tragedy here. There are several Indian reservations as well, I'm sure the old west cowboy days brought many interesting situations. Tombstone isn't far from here and is definatley the most haunted. Fun!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
Surely there are some security cameras somewhere?...I don't know, I live in Las Vegas and cameras are a part of life here! 😆...Anyway, maybe check with the security guys, without sounding too crazy that is!...You know how some people are... It would be interesting if they actually caught something!
Good story, thanks! 😊
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
Whereabouts in AZ are you, if you don't mind me asking. I live in AZ, too and was just curious. I've had some strange things happen in Bisbee that I've written about here. Lots of history in this state.

Thanks for sharing,
Jennifer ❤
DaisyD (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
Wow! I would be creeped out by that! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to read your next one!
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
while all of this on this site is truthfully unkown to the still living, I have alway found "shadow people" to be at or near the top of the list. I've alway felt that they are from another dimension or alternate reality and have discovered a way to go back and forth. While I doubt the wisdom of a government or society allowing individuals to leap back and forth to alternate realities and thereby disturbing future events there I don't disbelieve the possibility. I like being alive at this present moment because of all of the change happening within our species with modern conveniences and modes of travel and communication but also because of the realization in some of how we should love one another despite ethnicity or background. I don't know how we could study this shadow people thing any better than we are though. It seems to just be a hit and miss thing. I'd really like to see some decent footage or real in debt study at a location where they appear regularly. Maybe you could contact one of those groups of people who do stuff like that, that is if your place of employment would let them conduct one there. Or maybe you could take a video recorder with you and perhaps catch some footage.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: