You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Heavy Feeling In The House

Real Ghost Stories

A Heavy Feeling In The House

 

First of all I want to say, I absolutely LOVE this website! I work late and was bored one night and came across this website and have been addicted ever since. When I get into work this is the first thing I pull up and I spend hours reading it instead of working. It's bad I know, but it's like my daily newspaper.

I grew up in a military family and we moved a lot. We've lived in many different states and all kinds of different homes. The first one I distinctively remember was when I was 10 years old in Niceville, Florida. It was a cute red brick house on a cul-de-sac but inside was a different eerie feeling. I recall a few nights watching TV with my baby sister playing with her toys and mom dozing off to sleep on the couch when I would always pick up a 'heavy feeling'. It happened a lot in that house as if someone was angry we were there. I don't consider myself psychic but I could definitely pick up on feelings right away and I love all things paranormal.

There was another occasion before bedtime on a school night where I had to take my daily bath. I remember washing my hair all alone in the tub and was too scared to close my eyes. I was so afraid to get soap/ bubbles in my eyes since I had to keep watch. That constant feeling of being watched made me a paranoid little girl so I would hurry in the bathroom. There were some days after school where I would just lay on my bed relaxing and would hear a weird sound? The best way to describe it was as if you had your thumb nail and flicked under your middle finger nail together? That constant sound was irritating. I remember saying out loud "Who is doing that?" then it would stop, and start again.

I used to play with a little boy across the street, Nicholas. He would come over and we'd run around my yard and play tag and just horseplay like kids do. One day as he ran around the corner of our brick house he slipped and hit his head right on the corner. I was so scared I just stood there in disbelief. He had such blonde hair I could see a little red, knowing it was blood, I panicked. He stood up and ran home crying. I don't know if the house had something to do with it but it was completely unusual! The next day I went to see how he was doing, his mother and sister just glared at me angry telling me he had to have stitches. I felt so bad and never played with him again.

The scariest thing was one late night my little sister, probably 4 years old, woke up and was crying. She wandered to my parent's room in the dark asking for water. I remember thinking how dark the house always was? So very dark all the time? My sister and I shared a bed and as I lay there listening to my mother comfort her I tried to fall back asleep. I felt a tugging on my blanket from under the bed. I just thought maybe something heavy fell onto my blanket and I tried to ignore it. 5 minutes later something started pulling on it again. I got scared and just lay there wondering "what the heck?!" I started feeling anxiety and depression and dwelled on the thought that people get old and I never wanted to grow old and how someday my parents will be old too and die and I'll be all alone. I was thinking how I never wanted to grow up and stay a kid forever and started crying. I have no idea why I thought that but I was so sad. I couldn't stand the blanket being pulled anymore so I sat up in the dark and said aloud "Who is doing that? I want you to stop! Just stop it!" Then it stopped.

I think about that house all the time and wish I knew who died in that house. I feel that it was a woman and she was angry we were in her space. We eventually moved out to a bigger home.

I was so glad.

Other hauntings by michellelovesghosts

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, michellelovesghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SkysMama (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-04)
what it that woman killed herself in that bath tub? What would make those noises? Water from the faucet hitting the bath water below? Wouldn't you have heard it before?
Eerie
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Wow thanks for your comments! I thought I was the only one that felt that way about getting old? I'm 35 and joke about it all the time. I just thought it was odd for a 9 year old little girl to ponder on such thoughts.

Good point though, maybe that's how the lady felt in her real life? (getting old)
😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
I can't tell you how many nights I cried myself to sleep, having such thoughts as you...So, I can't say for sure that THAT is paranormal... More like normal... I think that the woman was just trying to get your attention for some reason...
ebinsd (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
When I read your story and got to the part, "I started feeling anxiety and depression and dwelled on the thought that people get old and I never wanted to grow old and how someday my parents will be old too and die and I'll be all alone. I was thinking how I never wanted to grow up and stay a kid forever and started crying." I had those same thoughts and emotions as a young child. I'm 48 years old now, and I have had my share of paranormal experiences common is these stories. But, I have never had contact with anyone whom shared those same thoughts as I when I was young.
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Wow, sounds like you were picking up on the feelings that may have plagued the spirit when they were alive? I mean, when you were feeling like you didn't want to grow old. That's very interesting! I travel all over for my fiance's job as well, and I wonder if we'll ever have to stay anywhere haunted... Hmmmm... 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: