You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Small Glowing White Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Small Glowing White Figure

 

This happened to me during or around the year 2000 in the town of Kingston, IL.

I had just gone to bed and had not started to fall asleep yet. I was turned toward the wall with my TV to my back. All of a sudden my TV turned on all by itself - blaring loud with a man talking. It only got 2 or 3 words out before the TV went off again. I could not decipher the words because they were too muffled from the volume. Scared, I turned around slowly to look at the TV and it was still glowing like the old glass screen TVs did after they were turned off. The house was only 2 years old with no known electrical problems before or after the occurrence. We had owned the TV for 15 years, bought brand new. The TV had never before turned on by itself, nor did it afterwards. The remote had been lost at least 5 years prior.

After I turned around I noticed a small white figure, about 1.5 ft tall, well above the TV close to the ceiling. It was glowing very brightly. Very shortly after I saw it, it floated all the way across my room, staying close to the ceiling and stopped directly above my head. Now this is where it starts to sound weird. I want to say it sprinkled something, however, I could not decipher a hand or an arm but for lack of a better word I will use sprinkled. This figure sprinkled something on me. The particles were very small, there were several of them, and they glowed just as brightly as the figure did. The particles never did seem to touch me but seemed to just disappear halfway between the figure and my head. Then the figure was gone.

I fully acknowledge that this sounds weird but it's the only experience I have ever had and was just wondering if anyone else has ever heard of or experienced anything like this before.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blueeyeb, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sqlmind (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
I experienced something similar when I was 17 years old. I was spending the night at my longtime neighbors house, like I'd done countless times before. But this time I awoke and saw two glowing figures, about 4 inches tall, playing on a dirt road in a picture. They glowed brightly and had no features. You could see their arms, legs, head, and they were kicking a can back and forth to each other. They froze when they saw me, then my neighbors two dogs started barking at them and they panicked and ran up the road in the picture.

I was shocked to discover the dogs could also see them! I've never seen anything like this before or since. I am now 55 years old and still remember it very clearly. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
simon155 (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
haha that creeped my folks out. They aren't entirely convinced about the sleep thing. Apparently when I was a kid they were looking at buying an old house. I'm told I stopped them half way down a passage and pointed at an "empty space" and said "Who is that?". Apparently I repeated it several times, convinced there was someone there. Put them off the place lol
simon155 (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
I've had remarkably similar. I've had weird ones since with glowing white figures, nowhere near TVs etc though lol.

The first one I had as a kid I woke up with a slight tingly sensation like the air was charged. I looked at the TV in the corner as I thought I'd heard a clink noise. It seemed a lighter shade of gray, like it had just been on and turned off. Then I got this weird feeling someone was nearby. I hid under the covers, then felt a pang of sympathy in the event someone / thing was there and got that reaction all the time.

I looked down the bottom of the bed and there were pitch black figures with glowing red eyes. Their eyes were like lava lamps if you know what I mean but the rest of them were pitch black. They were short.

Then it felt like I was dreaming again - Weird figures flashed by and I felt like it'd flown down my hallway and out the front door. I saw a star in the sky and a moment later I saw a cavern - surrounded by childlike figures.

Anyway - based on my experience there's a weird amount of coincidence with the TV and dark figure etc. The rest seemed kind of dreamy though so possibly a half asleep, half awake sort of thing.
Arsenius3672108 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-18)
Maybe it was a fairy and it blessed you and sprinkled some fairy dust on you. Yah never know.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
I have seen white and black shadow figures. I have even had a black shadow about the same size as you waddle up to me and hug my leg and disappear. Really weird and that one freaked me out. I can definitely believe what you say.
blueeyeb (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
Orangemelon, well, I know that I wasn't dreaming. I had literally just gone to bed and I remember getting up and running out of my room and going downstairs to our living room. Also, I did not feel calmed or assured at all. I was actually very terrified. The fear may have just been the shock because now that I look back it really doesn't seem there was anything to be afraid of at all. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but ever since then every time I or anyone else talks about ghosts or spirits I tear up even though there is no fear, happiness or any other kind of emotion causes the tearing. Do you know (or anyone else) know what in the world that could mean?
orangemelon (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
I too had a dream similar to a couple others. A small glowing white angel with wings came down to my left side, was hovering there, then kissed me on my left cheek, as if to bless me or comfort me. It seemed feminine, & then her left little wing rub my upper back, as if to comfort or assure me once more? It truly was a wonderful feeling being assured by this being! What do you think about this?
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
fairy! You saw a fairy! I'm not kidding. I believe you! 😁 & I'm old! But I do think there are faries. Don't know why, never have seen one, but still...
blueeyeb (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
cosmogal. LOL. I don't believe in fairies or the sandman. Oddly enough, I hadn't even considered those responses. I even considered leaving that part out of the story for credibility but it was the weirdest part so I thought I better include it - no matter how unlikely it sounds.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
Or a Pixie. As it sprinkled (😊 still chuckling a bit about the previous comments, sorry) an unknown substance on you, I would consider that a mite mischievous. They are SAID to be the mischievous elves.
Thank you.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
My thoughts exactly zzsgranny. It sounded like the sandman. LOL at Moongrim's comment also. 😆

Very interesting story blueyeb, and thanks for posting. I have never heard of an experience like this before accept in fairytales of course. Do you think it could have been a fairy?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
LOL! She didn't say tinkled, she said sprinkled!...It sounds like the "sandman"! 😆
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
The spirit tinkled on you? That's a rather unusual 'anointing'.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: