You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: St. Neots, St Mary Church

Real Ghost Stories

St. Neots, St Mary Church

 

I am an American soldier and was stationed in the U.K. When my family and I arrived in the UK we were rushed to find a place to live so I could quickly get to work. We settled on a place in St. Neots owned by a charming family of farmers who lived in Little Paxton. In our hurried state we failed to notice, or care that the flat was right next to St. Mary's graveyard. The section next to our flat contained, I guess you could say, modern grave sites dating back to the 1800's. The church itself with graves around it dated back to the 14th century. I was never one to believe in ghosts, however one evening I awoke and saw a female figure standing next to our bed in what appeared to be a white sleeping gown. Initially I thought it was my wife and asked what she was doing out of bed. There was no answer, so I asked again with no reply. I sat in our bed and rubbed my eyes repeatedly thinking it was possibly sleep in my eyes obscuring my vision. I literally sat there staring at the object for one full minute at least. Finally out of curiosity I leaned over, reached across the bed, and touched what I thought was my wife. When I did this I could feel my wife next to me fast asleep.

Persistent to know what it was, I touched the figure with my finger tips, and it disappeared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pnatgoober, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-13)
My uncle and aunt, lived near a graveyard both woke up and saw a woman standing at the end of their bed, the skeptics would nave a hard time explaining that one, as I believe what you saw was real, thank you for your story,
Cheers mate
Pnatgoober (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
I never saw the apparition again while we lived there and my wife did not mention to me anything she may have saw.
Pnatgoober (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
I went back to sleep wondering if it was just my imagination or what. I didn't wake up my wife because I still wasn't sure what I saw. I didn't tell her about it until we moved to another home a year later.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
...and then? Did you wake up your wife? Have you seen this woman again? Has your wife?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: