You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Floor Creaking

Real Ghost Stories

Floor Creaking

 

A few months back, I' say October, my fiancé and I had been experiencing things that are un-explained. It was a typical Tuesday night, work the next day. He and I went to sleep him roughly tired and I awake and having a hard time sleeping. Well all lights were off in the bedroom and we have two windows that are facing nothing but woods.

I was just humming to myself thinking of random things probably why I couldn't sleep much because there was so much on my mind. Around 2 am after lying in the bed for about 45 minutes I started to hear outside of my door, the floor creaking. Like when you are walking up an old staircase and there is that little pop. It lasted for about 15 minutes then it stopped. I didn't think anything of it and I fell asleep.

Next day, I was just curious and was pacing outside of my door to see what made the noise. Well there was a certain spot right in front of the door that when you stepped down it cracked. It was Erie but I really didn't think anything of it... I just let my day pass worry free. That night I was tired and fell asleep before my fiancé. Well he woke me up and told me someone is in the house and to hide. Well yeah, I freaked out, but who wouldn't? He checked the house with his baseball bat and came back and said humph that was funny I swore someone was here. Something popped in my mind and I asked him by any chance did you hear someone outside of the door? My fiancé took a step back and said yeah how did you know... I said I heard it last night. He also told me that there wasn't just noise. There was someone beyond the door, he knew because he seen the shadow of two feet. The bathroom light was on so it cased the shadow of something.

After that... The next few nights were sleepless with anticipation but other then that there was no more. We put new locks and a security system on the house because we couldn't be too safe. Well we left for new years and went on a cruise and came back on the ninth of January. The night we came back the sounds came back but there was nothing there. No shadow no nothing... Just noise.

A week later I went to take a nap and fell asleep pretty quickly. I wasn't as paranoid as my fiancé was because he is deathly scared of the unknown. Just as I was sleeping... Probably a half hour into sleep I heard it, I opened my eyes and there it was something was hovering over my bed. It was day out, my curtains were down but it was still light in my room... There was something dark, very dark. I just watched it, as I heard my fiancé come into the house from work the dark moved to the corner of my room slowly and disappeared.

After that, what I did, I went into my bathroom puked and took a shower and forgot about it because that frightened me so bad.

I left to go to my mother's house for a night because my sister was in town. I never told my fiancé about the incident. I buried it because I thought my nerves were getting to me. 2:06 am I got a call from my fiancé. Telling me to come home because something's in the house. He told me what happened and he said he saw the same thing but he got really cold and that's what woke him up. I came home made a pot of tea and we both fell asleep in the living room.

He never believed in ghosts. He steered away from things that were uncomfortable. I on the other hand never experienced things but I was open to knowing the truth. Well it is Tuesday, February 9th 2010. My fiancé has left this week to visit his dad who lives a few hours away so I have been home alone. I am okay with this all, didn't again give any thought to the unexplained until last night.

I can't understand it and I can't come to agreements with myself whether I was dreaming or not. But last night I put my things down to go to bed around 1:30am. I couldn't fall asleep, I kept looking at the clock and the time kept on going... The last time I checked the clock before I went to sleep was 3:15. I know this for a fact because I said out loud to myself that it was late and I finely gave in, rolled over and fell asleep.

I wasn't in a deep sleep I was just getting there. I have a sheet as my blanket because I get really hot at night for some reason. Well I woke up without opening my eyes. I was just aware of everything. I woke up because I got really cold. I was moving my feet around to get the blanket at the end of the bed to nudge towards me. Well I eventually opened my eyes. First thing I did I looked at the alarm clock to see what time it was, 3:45am.

I was on my side so I was looking straight ahead. I turned on my back and there it was. Not on the ceiling right in front of my face. I stared at it, it looked liked my sister, but I knew it wasn't. I called out my sister's name evidently and this thing touched my breast. I felt the pressure... It was real and it hurt. I flailed my arms in front of myself in defense got up and ran to the light switch. Then it was gone, I listened and the creaking noise was there and then when I opened the door it stopped. I ran to the phone and called my fiancé. I was freaking out, he told me that he was coming back home I insisted that he stay because he never sees his dad... When I was on the phone with him I calmed down real quick. He told me I am probably paranoid. Well I asked him why he was up so late, he said its only 2:00. I ran to my alarm clock, he was right it was 2:07am.

This morning... I am writing this now because I know for a fact that something was in here and I have proof. My chest is bruised. It is 11:59PM 2/9/10. I won't be sleeping tonight and if I do sleep I will be in the living room with cat.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kafren60, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ickxtan (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-13)
Try ignoring it. The more you noticed it the more it get anxious in to be known. It's like inviting it in your home.

Your story is similar with the movie I just watched few months ago.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
Kafren60 I'm glad to hear things have calmed down a bit let's hope it stays that way look forward to hearing again from you. All the best.

Dan
Kafren60 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
Its February 11th 2010 and I had a great sleep last night. No disturbances at all. My fiance came home and we are going though things in our room to see what could bring such a spirit in our home. I am happy to say I feel like tonight is going to be a good night. Wish us both luck!
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
oh my god that's a bit scary, I to would sleep with my cat if we had one, we have dogs which is good, animals can see and sense things that we cant, i was told they will bark or hiss if a ghost is a threat or not (WE HAVE THE GHOST OF A CHILD our dogs know that she is in our home but they don't bark as she is not a threat to us anyway this is what I believe) also take photos I mean heaps of them you should pick up something in time, cheers hope things go ok for you god bless di.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
Hi Kafren60 wow this must be very frightning for you definitely not something residual. You say that you purchased the house from your friend, has anything been happening in there previously to you buying it? If not I think something you may have brought into the house could be a reason for these occurences have you purchased or been given something recently possibly used or second hand? If it really is becoming a problem you could try blessing the house there are a lot of techniques and ways to do this that are on this site. I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Kafren60 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
Hey you guys, It is Wednesday, February 10th 2010. Today is my post after my first entry. I said I would be sleeping in the living room but I gave it another try and I experienced my alarm clock resetting to 6:48am. It was flashing, but when your alarm clocks usually reset they go back to 12:00. I found that interesting and I heard the creaking of the wood a lot. My mirror on my wall last night cracked in the corner, after that I did end up sleeping in the living room with my cat. Chicken, it has been happening since October from what I noticed... Maybe even longer but without my knowledge. My previous home I did have a haunting at my parents in my room. But it was friendly. I kept on finding things in the middle of my floor in the same exact spot that I haven't seen for years. My fiance has experienced it once before and that was 4 figures in his doorway at his parents house before they divorced. But when your young you tend to seek things that are not there but will show up from seeking them to much. The house has had one privious owner and that would be a dear close friend of mine that lived here for two years before we closed on the house. She never has seen anything or heard anything but like I said who knows how long things have been around. They could have been here the whole time we just haven't noticed them until recently. I have thought about videotaping while we are sleeping but our electric appliances seem to have bad luck from power surges going throughout our neighborhood. I will keep you posted!
danielleybean (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
Oh my goodness. I can actually relate to this. At night, there are loud bangs, like something or someone will hit the blinds covering my sliding glass door right before I go to sleep, and I have encountered an experience with a ghost that I mistook for my sister, as well. Only because it had long black hair, that's where the similarities end. Has she/it appeared again? I have never been bruised or anything by ghosts, and I imagine you are quite terrified. Please let us know if anything else happens.
Warmest regards, Danielle.
chicken (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
...wow...

I can't even think as to how scary that'd be.

So, it's a constant haunting? Has anything strange happened to you before you lived in this house? What about your fiance? How long were you living in it before this stuff happened? Have you run a back up check on the house?
OnlyTruth (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
That is a very weird experience. It seems you have enough proof for yourself to know that this is really happening to you. Have you thought about setting something up like a video camera throughout the night to catch it? Even have a cell phone with a camera nearby to try and get a picture of this thing.

I hope everything works out for you, if you have any further experience, please let me know.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: