You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Being Followed By And Old Woman

Real Ghost Stories

Being Followed By And Old Woman

 

Two months ago, I was at my mom's house helping her unpack food for food storage when she moved to Canada. She was in her room resting and I was just finishing. I hadn't been working long until I heard someone padding softly down the stairs. I figured it was my mom but when I went upstairs to see if she was there or needed help, she was still in her room sleeping. I decided it was just the cat and continued working. I was returning back into the basement with another box when I heard the footsteps again I turned to see and saw an old woman walking after me she had blue eyes and crimped white hair and I'd never seen her before.

She looked panicked and yelled "Sorry!" and ran up the stairs and I ran after to see who she was or if she'd stolen anything and I of course didn't think she was a spirit but when I got up she was gone. I woke my mom up by screaming and she told me she had no friends here and after the lady was gone the doors were still locked and bolted. I asked my mom if she'd locked them and she told me she hadn't touched them.

A month after I was still staying with my mom helping her with chores and getting used to the place and my cousin Embry was staying over. She was staying in our guest bed in the basement and said she saw someone standing over her bed. Embry had asked who it was and she had told me they'd yelled," Sorry!" and ran away. I knew it was no coincidence and it was her.

I don't know why she always yells sorry but I'm curious and I'm thinking about trying to ask next time I see her. Wish me luck!

Other hauntings by rockstar09

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rockstar09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HighNoonFilms (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
Hi Rockstar09,

My name is Michael -- I'm a writer working on a prospective TV series called "Don't Turn Out The Light" (www.dtotl.com) to be produced in Australia.

This is a paranormal series, recreating real tales of peoples' encounters with the paranormal. Currently we're compiling stories for the series, with the aim of representing the most fascinating encounters from around the world - it's for that reason I'm writing to you.

I was wondering if you'd be interested in allowing, at least in part, those accounts to be recreated/reenacted?

At this early stage, this would involve initiating contact only. Depending on your preference, it would mean me contacting you to further discuss what the show is about and how it would relate to your contribution. I understand, given the unsettling nature of the subject matter, if recanting it may not be preferable - so please understand, the series will be in good taste, take the subject seriously, and will protect your personal details as you'd require.

If you would like to discuss this further or if you have any questions, you can email me through my contact on my profile: michael [at] highnoonfilms.com.

Thank you and I hope to be in contact with you soon,

Kind Regards,
Michael
rockstar09 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
My mum hasn't seen her and I asked my mum and she said there was a woman who died named Iris but she doesn't talk about her cause she thinks I'm already to paranoid so it's a little scary but I just think she's confused like you all think. What should I do about it? 😕
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
Ahaha nicely put zzsgranny couldn't have explained it better myself lol. I do feel sorry for this woman it seems as if she is confused and does not know what is going on. I don't think it was a residual haunting if it was it wouldn't say sorry to you!. I hope she finds peace and all the best to you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
givepeaceachance: I'm sorry, I think you mean "RESIDUAL" haunting... As in residue, from a previous time, like soap scum on your shower door! 😆 You clean it, and it just keeps coming back! 😆
GivePeaceAChance1991 (1 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
it's prob a residential. A residential haunting is a type of haunting when a ghost does the same thing over, and over again. Kind like a song you put on repeat.don't be scared she doesn't even know your there. Residential ghost don't interact with people.she'll just repeat the same thing over and over again.there's nothing you can do bout it.
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
I totally agree with Akemi and hobbyholly. I think that maybe the woman realized she scared you and your friend and said sorry. I do think it is a good idea to try and talk to her. If she seems panicky next time you see her, you should stay calm, and be polite, so you do not scare her away. If she is not a threat to you, don't be a threat to her. Good Luck! 😁
Akemi (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
dont use the ouija board! It will only cause problems. You could attract a bad spirit or a demon by using those! Try to find out the history of the house.
goatkiddie (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
Hey bud it could be a spirit in the house but good luck on taling to her. I'm just spt ballin' but if you don't get a response you could oiija board to talk to her.
rockstar09 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
No I asked her and she says she hasn't seen her or heard anything weird other than the cat 😜 And she wasn't transparent from what I've seen but she'll just yell sorry like she's terrified and I really want to just go back to my house in California.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
That poor old woman! It sounds like she's really scared or confused and means no harm at all. She might not even know she is dead! I hope you are able to help set her free!
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
Was she transparent or appear to be a "solid" person?

I hate to sound like a broken record, but if you're really curious I would research the home/land.

Has your mother seen it as well?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: