You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scary Witch

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Witch

 

This is real story about me. I was around 10 years of age and my village in Calcutta (Kolkata). I love to play with my mother's sister daughter. It was summer season and I was enjoying my summer vacation after a long study from Mumbai. I had gone to my mother's sister house which is few kilometer away. As a strict instruction from my father to always carry torch along with me. I didn't do that and went away.

While returning from my Mother's sister's house, I was traveling with my bicycle and afraid to cross a big jungle but still I had to do because I am more afraid from my father. I had to go anyway. My father gave a strict instruction not to cross a big maiden which comes in the way. But as it really a shortcut I had to cross.

While crossing the maiden I saw in the middle a black witch standing in the middle of the maiden. To observe clearly I went a bit near to that witch. To my surprise I saw a big skeleton standing with her long dark hair. Though it was dark night but it was clearly visible.

Her Skeleton was white and hair was really long. I threw my bicycle over there and ran in front of her and stop direct in my house. After telling my father he thrash me but asked me did I saw back. I denied by saying I was keening to come house.

That day I could never forget. It remembered in my mind.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rakeshdas2102, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

yogeshbazigar (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-22)
what happened with your bicycle. Is it there next day or not.
Dip1904 (115 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
to people here, I am too from kolkata (or called calcutta erstwhile name) ...
Anyways, I am aware of the fact that this guy spoke erratic english but the intentions even I know as I also grew up with folklore especially when I grew up in the city but loads of country side folklore we heard when we travelled a lot for vacation or for work.
The guy mentioned witch which is the equivalent of a female ghost... If you open up wikipedia, you will find there are numerous terminologies of ghost in bengali literature... Odd imaginations I would say:D really!...
Anywho. The guy was actually thrashed because on the rural side of bengal, you would get really angry & strict fathers who are still conservative in thought... Boys would be still really fearing their pops and [Gayatrishiva] he definitely didn't get any scolding... It was thrashing:D believe me... We have all been there.
Other than that his english is flawless in an upside down world. But the stories... Very very true in folklore

Just imagine this - the stories / myths / legends wouldn't have sustained from generation to generation if none of it... Weren't true.:)

Gdnite
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-10)
Nice story. Since english is not mothertongue for the poster he made lot of grammer mistakes but inspite of that I get the story. Usually what most people do for whom english isn't their first language they just try to translate word by word from their own language to english which results in these kind of grammar mistakes.
When he said his dad trashed him once he went home he really meant that his dad was scolding him as he went to the spot which his dad has always told him not to do so. And this thrashing stuff is due to cultural difference.

When he said I ran straight to the witch he really meant he was near the witch and as soon as he noticed this skeleton with long hair he took to his feet (when one translate from his mother tongue to english the literal meaning one gets is what the poster has infact posted) So I hope everyone understands that this is just an language barrier. Thanks a lot and I have heard similar stories from so many persons from india.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
[at] crecentblue03:Maidan is an open field where kids play.

[at] guys criticising his writing skills:cut him some slack;english isn't his native language.

[at] rakeshdas2102:your story is one of the sorts that I heard from many in India. And all those were were a figments of their imagination. You were a kid that time. You had an active imagination. Perhaps you got tricked into believing something to be something else.

My father has told me a wise man's tale time and again.
He used to live in a village, much like your own, in West Bengal state of India when he was very young and he used to attend night college classes as he worked in his farm in the daytime.
Now,he was cautioned by many, with the story of a lady ghost, that beckons people on moonlit nights by waving towards them, standing smack on the village roads!
As he didn't believe in paranormal those days, he threw caution to the wind and went about his usual ways, but one day he saw her...

Why don't they let me submit stories... The submission page is closed for now...why?
😭 😭 😭

Thanks
Regards
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
How did you know that that entity was a witch when you saw her from a distance? And if you somehow realized it was a witch, why did you approach nearer?

Also if your father had forbidden you to cross that maidan at night, he probably knew that there was some evil entity at that spot. So why did you not ask him when you grew up?

Your story is really confusing.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
I feel your story was very interesting, there were some terms you used I didn't know like you said you were crossing the maiden, Its O K though because I still think your English is pretty good for someone who's every day speech is not English. I like your story about the witch, You must have been so scared! Thank you so much for sharing!
AshJay1985 (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Thank you Reiver!

I would agree with people where "GRAMMER" is in need and to be concentrated while writing stories. In here, people are talking about grammer in this story. Grow up! This person posted his story what he / she experienced. Have you ever seen your hands and make out the reason why fingers are not same?

[at] Princesslotus - You are not perfect! Posting comments in all the stories, DOES NOT MAKE YOU GENIOUS! LOL
xParanormancyx (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
I got confused by your English, but it's exceptional because you are from India. Try previewing your story before posting and people wouldn't post the rude comments. Thank you for sharing this story with us and I would be scared too if I saw that! A skeleton witch woman...oh, wow!
~Victoria
Reiver (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Hey rakeshdas2102, thanks for sharing!

And please, enough with the rude comments. He was kind enough to share the story. If you find it so hard to understand then just go find yourself some other stories with "perfect grammar."
princesspriceless (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-28)
Hey,
Sorry I couldn't really understand your story, you just need to proof read your work before putting it up.
wickedsunny2009 (4 stories) (42 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Good story man though you had told me earlier about it but it's different when you read it 😐
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
thank you jennyboom, thank you darlin'! Lol! Some of the children from other countries just don't have the English lingo down, but I have come across a few where their grammar was perfect.

~~LSD~~
Jennyboom (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
I think it is pointless to post a story when the grammer is so bad you can't even understand the story. No offense, but maybe some of these authors should proof read what they are submitting. 😕
miley (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
That was really scary. I agree with princessLotus, stay away from the jungle. 😆
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
-3
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
your mothers sister is your aunt. Your mothers sisters daughter is your cousin. Stay outta the jungle silly!

~~LSD~~
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
That must have been scary. Were you outside near in the evening because I heared that ghosts have more energy at night than day. 😕
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Your father thrashed you for running from danger? I don't know what's worse, the witch or your fathers reaction.

If you are ever forced to go into something that gives you fear, I can only suggest that you try to be brave and show little fear. This 'witch' probably sensed you were afraid and gave her power.

Kiwi
kaza (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
hi
I thought calcutta is part of bangladesh, anyway those countrys are full of supernatural and paranormal activity, I experienced lots of ghostly happenings while I went back home myself. In your story your describing the filthy whitch which lots of people have spotted and gave eye witness account in bangladesh, anyway tc.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: