You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Weird Ball Of Light

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Ball Of Light

 

I am 17 years old, and I live in a pretty small, quiet neighborhood. I live in a nice sized apartment with my family, and nothing has ever happened in it--relating to ghosts or paranormal activity. I grew up Catholic and always believing in ghosts, and I never experienced anything up until now.

So it's about 12:00AM on a Saturday night, and I'm sitting on my chair in our living room. My dad is knocked out on the couch. I was watching this old fashioned movie, and I started to doze off. For some reason as I'm sleeping something woke me up (I was not startled or scared, I just woke up very calm) and in the far corner of our living room near the bottom of our computer desk, I see this medium sized perfectly round ball floating! It's not moving it's just very still. It was of many colors and very glittery. Mostly blue.

I blinked maybe twice thinking it was my eyes playing tricks on me. It didn't go away, so I sat up and I tapped my dad, cause' I got scared. By the time my dad woke up, it vanished. He asked me what was wrong, and I told him what I saw. He told me to go to bed, and said maybe I'm just really tired. I didn't want to go to bed, I was pretty spooked out. So I stayed in the living room with my dad until I fell asleep again.

He woke me up around 3AM and told me to get to bed, and I did. In my room, everything that was on my bed (pillows, quilt, sheets,) were on the floor...why? I have no idea; I went into my parent's room and told both of them that I didn't want to sleep alone that night... So I slept in their room on the floor.

The next morning was pretty normal. We talked about the incident and they think it could've been ghost-related. What do you think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SabrinaGrace, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tena (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
I am not in the USA. I had a dream or I think it was a dream, about a month ago, where I saw a blue ball of light. I don't want to go into details now but there was a tall 'man' and what looked like a 'child' (from a far) out side my house and apparently they didn't want me to touch the blue ball of light that seemed drawn to me and I to it... I find comfort in knowing other persons have seen this.
SabrinaGrace (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
yes ZiShu, that picture is very similar to the one I had seen!...and your theory on the whole bedroom incident makes sense, cause this could've happened before I saw the blue orb.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
wow... Funny have no one has a club what orbs are
Orbs that size are most of the time Angels of God
Did the orb have a ring around the edges?
Http://www.theangelwhispers.org/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/big_orb.88150457.jpg
A blue orb is most likely ArchAngel St.Michael.
When you approach the orb, say unto it, May God's peace be with you, it will respond with something good in return such as, "Bless you my child" in a loud voice. You can then speak to it whatever.
I am not sure about the mess in your room. It is possible the Angel came to protect against whatever created that mess later.
SabrinaGrace (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
i was asleep... How could it be a "print" on my retina?
And it didn't really move, but it had like a glow.
Arc-en-Ciel (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
hai!
[at] SabrinaGrace: interesting story. Seing my stuff on the floor would have freaked me out too! But don't worry maybe it will never happen again.
[at] ShadowBlade: I see what your thinking about. Yeah, a strong light can "print" an image on your retina. If you look straight at the sun for a few sec you will see a yellow/orange ball everywhere you look. But an orb appears in one place only and it won't move with your eyes. And it don't last as longer as light retention does. If you want to know what it looks like imagine a ball or an egg flying and floating in a couloured myst... The light of it is pretty weak.
[at] Gizmo: I've heard orbs sometimes are the sign that another spirit is around... Some say orbs are energy and not souls...
OnlyTruth (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
this is an interesting story of this orb you saw. How big was the orb amd was it a perfect circle? Also did it move around at all or just stay in one place?
Im interested in this because of seeing an orb myself.
ShadowBlade-XIII (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
People talk about these 'orbs of light' a lot on the site, and I have both a question and a suggestion. Since I don't know what it looked like, I can't comment on it, but is it not possible that these orbs are just that retention of light you get when you look at something bright and then look away? I mean, when you do that you see coloured orbs of light. Is that plausible or am I just being a fool?
Gizmo (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
I'm pretty sure it was an orb...
They are harmless, but I don't understand why your stuff apperared on the floor.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: