You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Photo Of An Unknown Mist

Real Ghost Stories

Photo Of An Unknown Mist

 

I have had many paranormal experiences which have happened to me since I was a child. Many of the unexplainable things have happened to me in my home and on my land. The land that we own has been passed down through our family for about 200 years. Before that we believe that Cherokee Indians lived on this land. As we have farmed this land for years, we have found many Indian artifacts such as arrowheads, pottery, tools and other items.

Photo Of An Unknown Mist

I was taking pictures of the beautiful snow and my son and my husband playing in the snow. I took pictures all during the day and it snowed all day. All of the pictures was normal except this one. As well as the picture I took just a few seconds prior to this picture was fine. I'm not entirely sure but I can almost see a face in the mist on the left. What do you see? Is it just my imagination running wild, maybe just a couple of snow flakes blurred or did I really capture something like a ghost maybe on camera?

What makes me believe that I got a glimpse of something "not of this flesh" is for one, I did not see the mist when I took the picture, and secondly, all the other pictures I took all day were normal. Nothing was blurred or misty. If it were a snowflake that showed up blurry I would think that some of the other 30 pictures I took that day would've shown up with some anomalies don't you think? And yes it was snowing all day, sometimes a lot harder than when I took this picture. Please let me know what you think about this.

Other hauntings by kellbear

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kellbear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-10)
It looks like a female, shoulder length hair, that's a hand or wing?
icewolfghost (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-09)
I can see a face and a pair of wings.
Signs of good things to come.
All the best,
Wolf 😊
miche101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
I had the same experience... It was about 1 year after my mom died, I took my son (who was 4 years old at the time) to the park one winter evening - I had a 35mm regular camera... I took some pictures of my son playing around... One of the developed pictures had a clear picture of something which resembles a white mist that shows a had, some sort of body & what almost looks like wings (not sure)...almost thought it looked like an angel... What was weird was my son holding up his right arm right in front of this mist... Almost like they were holding hands or something & there were no markings in the snow just beneath this mist...
Good luck 😁
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
Digital or film camera? Any special circumstances- do you smoke, held your breath before taking the pic? Any lights nearby? Was the camera shaken extra hard prior?
kellbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Thank you everyone for your comments. I didn't think I was just seeing things when I downloaded this picture. I'm glad someone else saw some of the same things I did, like the face, eyes and orbs. As far as a feeling I get from the picture, well I don't get a good feeling from it. That's about it. I had thought about my breathe being the mist but I was breathing during the other 29 pictures I took, obviously, and there was not any mist on those pictures. Anyway, Thanks again and if there's anymore you can see in this picture please point it out to me.
xBweanax (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
i can't see a face in the mist, but I can see an eye in the blackish thing, to the right of the mist. O.e. I mostly see eyes in things, not a face! GAH):
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
It's hard to say! I mean I have perfect explainations of this picture. Sure you guys see orbs, but how would you know that's not the snow itself? And mist can shape to anything. Just like cloude! Weather does that and also surroundings! There's two sides for every proof. Mines is just more scientific. I do believe of the paranormal, so no offence of your experience. Just trying to know the truth like everyone else.
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Like a couple of the other posts, I was able to see the face as well before reading the story. To me, the face takes up the majority of the picture and it looks as though it's running diagonal. I'm also seeing what appears to be a hand pressed up (like if it were on glass) on the left side of the picture. Maybe it's just me. But very cool photo! Thanks for sharing!
Grolarg (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
it defiantly looks like it's something paranormal

I recently was taking pictures in a local cemetery and I was getting orbs and also a mist similar to this only it was a lot thicker
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
i can see the orb and mist is strange as it has got colour in it, get it processed and see what they saw, the photo is beautiful as well.
Arc-en-Ciel (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
i see a face pretty clearly. It is very detailled to me... I don't know how it is possible not to see it x.x
elner (38 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
Its just your imagination I have a story of nyself I sleep in a bunkerbed And infront of me is a picture its my sister but at sometimes I can see a bony person
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
Oh wow.
Like DeviousAngel first first said respectively, before I actually read your story I jumped right at the picture.
And Oh my! The mist on the right does make out the figure of a distorted face you can make out the fine well set lips and nose!... Somehow the few features look Native American, I don't think it was you exaling this doenst look like regular mist it has distinct hues.

I think this is a very nice photograph!.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
i can't say I can see a face in the mist but I do believe that it is a spirit passing through possibly just in visitation I got a flash in my mind that it is a Native American indian not because you mention that the cherokee tribe possibaly lived on the land it's just the way it came to me suddenley did you get any feeling on this yourself let me know if you did. Anyway I don't think it ment any harm though I enjoyed your story take care keep me posted...
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
It's an interesting photo I'm not sure what it is one thing you have to be careful about in the winter though is to make sure not to take photos while exhaling not saying that's what it is for sure just and easy thing to do by mistake.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Wow, actually before you even mentioned the face in the picture, I saw it. Maybe because I was looking for it since the misty shape was so weird, but it does look like some kind of warped face. The fact that no other pictures in the series had this anomaly suggests that you did perhaps photograph a spirit in motion.
GemIsObsessedWithGhostsLol (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
I see the mist but I see an orb right in the middle too.
Also I don't see a face. You should check out the orb! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: