You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I'm Confused?

Real Ghost Stories

I'm Confused?

 

This is my first time posing here. I read tons of stories on here and it really seemed like the place for me to be!

First, I'll just say that my whole life I have had ghostly experiences. I lived in an old house when I was a little kid, and before I lived in the house it used to be a barber shop, a bar, and a doctor's office! A guy also was killed on the front porch; we had some weird things happen there. But I'd like to talk about something more recent.

In 2004 this woman who I barely knew of was killed in a car accident. I met her times before but I didn't know much about her. What I did know, is that when I was only 13 and she had just died, I started feeling like she was watching me. Then I felt sort of crazy because I thought why would she possibly be watching ME? She could be with her family instead, right? But as time went on, I kept feeling her presence around me.

In 2007, when I was still feeling her around me, I decided to talk to her. I would communicate with her in different sorts of ways... One day I had an idea. I was sitting on my bed talking to her, though I couldn't see her physically, I could only hope she was really hearing me. So I asked her "Can I see you outside of my house please?" I asked outside of my house, because I'd be freaked if she popped up in here somewhere. About 1 week went by, and I was on the way to the nursing home with my parents to watch this old guy from our church get baptized. On the way there, I had on my headphones listening to music, and she was NOT even on my mind. I looked outside the car window, when passing the place she used to live and I SAW HER STANDING IN THE YARD! She was VERY NORMAL looking, but still had a weird BRIGHT color! I didn't know what to think! I thought I might have been crazy, I never do hallucinate, but did I really see her? I was wide awake. We went on, I didn't tell anybody. On the ride back home later that day, once again passing her house she was standing in the yard. Nobody was looking in the direction but ME. I was not all that freaked out. But now thinking about it, it really freaks me out. I don't talk to her anymore, I don't ever feel her around me anymore, and I have never seen her ghost again.

Any thoughts on this, I still feel pretty crazy!

Other hauntings by Lydia050

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lydia050, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostgirlsmileyface (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-22)
i love the way you said "i would be freaked out if she popped out somwhere 😆 "
Tracy_330 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Thank you all for your comments. I was going to post some more on my most recent experiences, but the page is temporarily closed lol. Yeah I did get what I asked for! It didn't freak me out for a long time, not until I stopped talking to her completely. It's been quite a while! The other night when I was thinking about how I saw her it just put my stomach in knots! She looked very heavenly... Compared to us normal looking people haha. IntriguedSceptic, thanks and wow if you ever do experience it, your life may be very different forever!
Dan, I thought it was pretty cool too how she showed me herself in her yard... I was expecting it to be somewhere around my house or just not at all!
Also, DeviousAngel I guess I should have put somewhere in the story that we were probably going only about 20 mph! Lol I got a very good look at her.
In real life she normally dressed in like, plaid or stripes, the last time in real life that I saw her she was wearing red plaid clothes, and the ghost that I saw was wearing purple plaid!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Hi Tracy_330 your comments about sarah pulling your hair would have been quite a sight for your mum to see that really is quite scary. I believe this lady did show herself to you, possibly in a way that was not frightning for you and it being her house also gives credit to your story.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
P.s I'm not generally this cynical. I'm just one for the facts and as I'm yet to experience any sort of "other worldly" activity, I'm afraid I shall remain unswayed.
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Tracy

I apologise if my original comment was a little obtuse but as Devious has said, as a sceptic's we will scrutinise every detail of a story before we pass comment.

I'm not here to disrespect you, it just seems some people have such a desire to experience the unknown, they try too hard and the outcome is just a distortion of reality.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
All of your other experiences seem more plausible to me than this one. I guess I wasn't there so I don't know for sure, but it seems really strange to me that you were so comfortable with talking to her when you couldn't see her, but when you saw her you later freaked out. I mean, you got what you asked for.

And as for how fast you were traveling in the car, that's a little bit of an important detail to leave out, because the skeptics (like me and Intrigued, lol) will jump all over the details to try and figure out what was going on. Minor details, not a big thing, but the difference between traveling at 20mph vs. 70mph is pretty significant when you're guessing at someone's identity.
abraham001 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
HAHA! She is now a ghost that is in heaven you shouldn't be scared she was watching over you you said that she had a glowing body right. Now that you are scared she stoped watching over you because she doesn't want to harm you or scare you ask one time if she could pop up in your dream then talk if you feel a dark and a fearfull presence of a ghost then you should be scared but if it is a normal one it won't harm you its eiither trying to watch over you or protect you from bad spirits by the way they don't stalk you unless they are bad spitits (sory for my gramar by the way)
Tracy_330 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Wow, you sounded really nice...
You all don't understand because we were going super slow in the vehicle and there is no other woman around in this place that looks exactly like she did. I guess you can be totally skeptical if you want because you didn't experience what I did, and if you did maybe you'd believe. And to to DeviousAngel, in my old house when I was a little girl I had "Imaginary friends"...my dad had a sister who died when she was about 3 and she had a very uncommon name... When I was little I didn't know of her, but I had an imaginary friend with that uncommon name as well... Lots of years later I learned that the whole time we were living there her baby dress was like in the closet or something put away... That kind of gave me chills. Also I had a very mean imaginary friend named Sarah. She was nice at first but one day as I was yelling my little head off and my mom came in my room to see something pulling at my hair when she could see nothing there I was yelling "Sarah won't let go of me!" soon after I got rid of her...
And like I said, after seeing that woman's ghost or whatever that one time, I never saw it again. 😕
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
No offense to you, but I think I'm with IntriguedSceptic on this one. I think you were in a moving vehicle and happened to see someone on her porch as you were passing by, and you simply thought it was her. I'm interested to know what other experiences you have had, because there doesn't seem to be anything paranormal about this one, other than the possibility that you saw this woman's "aura", which is very improbable considering the fact that you were in a moving vehicle. It's likely that you're psyching yourself out.
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Confused? No

Mistaken? Definitely. There's nothing in this story that is remotely "spooky" nor does it suggest anything paranormal occured. I'm sorry but all I get is you saw a woman in a yard. Your subconscious tried to add 2 + 2.

The answer's not 5.

Maybe you didn't tell it right. I doubt it though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: