You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Poltergeitst, Ghost Or Demon?

Real Ghost Stories

Poltergeitst, Ghost Or Demon?

 

When my grandparents passed away, they left me their house. The house is about 70 years old and is built on lands that the Cherokee Indians lived on. We have found all kinds of artifacts in the fields in front of our house. My husband and I moved into the house two years after we were married and things started happening right away (I was pregnant at the time). I have always felt uncomfortable in this house as long as I can remember coming to visit my grandparents. There has always been a dark entity in this house and it has become more and more active in the last ten years I have lived here. These are some of the things that have happened.

My grandmother had given me a mirror when my husband and I got married. When we moved into this house we put the mirror on the wall in the living room. It was a beautiful mirror that had stained glass around the edges and a maple frame. We both had gone outside to work in the yard. Later in the afternoon we came back inside and the mirror was in the middle of the room face down, broken. The way it was hung on the wall, you had to lift the mirror up then take it off the wall. The hanger was still on the wall and the wire was still taut. There was no way it could have fallen down on its own and neither of us had been in the house.

After my son was born, my mother came to help me while my husband went to work and I recovered from the c-section. We were sitting on the couch talking while the baby was sleeping. I kept a sewing box upstairs in the attic, on the floor under a stool well away from the stairs. All of a sudden, we heard a loud, metal scraping noise across the attic floor. The object hit the top of the stairs and made a loud crash down the stairs and hit the attic door. I grabbed my husband's gun because I thought there was someone in the house with us and I went to the attic door and opened the door. My sewing box fell out onto my foot. Something had scooted the box about 10 feet across the wood floors and pushed it down the stairs. There was no way it could have fallen down on its own.

We have a half basement that houses the wood furnace and other appliances. The basement door is as old as the house and is 2 inches thick oak. It's a very heavy door and it takes quite a bit of effort to close it. It makes a loud thud when you shut it. The couch is directly over the basement door so when the door slams you can feel the vibrations if you're sitting on the couch. One night my husband and I were sitting on the couch watching television. All of a sudden the basement door opened and then slammed shut. It had been raining that day and it is even harder to close the door when the wood swells from being damp. My husband ran outside and down to the basement. There was no one there. He could see his footprints in the dirt but there were no one else's footprints. If it had been an actual person there would have been footprints.

One night I had fallen asleep in the recliner in the living room. I woke up and the television was still on but on a blank screen so the room was not completely dark. About in the middle of the floor was a man standing in front of the television. There was something odd about the man. Just a feeling I got. I felt very uncomfortable and I felt like this person meant me harm, just an evil presence. I dismissed the feeling because I had just woke up. He was wearing a flannel plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled halfway up and jeans. I couldn't make out any facial features because his back was to the television and his face was toward me. There was a shadow that hid his face. At first I thought it was my husband but I looked over and saw my husband had fallen asleep on the couch. A twinge of fear went through my chest. I sat straight up and screamed bloody murder. My husband jumped up from a dead sleep ready to fight whatever had me screaming but nothing was there. As soon as I screamed the man disappeared into thin air. But I knew he was there. I was fully awake when I noticed him and I saw him for about 5 seconds before I realized he was not my husband.

I went to sleep early one night and I was having a terrible dream about being chased by an unseen entity on a path through a dim lit park. This is a reoccurring dream that I've had for years now. I won't describe the whole dream to save time and space. I could feel the evilness of the being behind me as it got closer and closer. When it gets almost to me, I always wake up, usually in a cold sweat. This night I rolled over and turned on the light. When I did, I was not alone in my room. There was an entity about 3 feet from the side of the bed. It was opaque black and it was the most evil thing I have ever seen in my life. It had a look on its ugly face like it wanted to tear me apart. Its eyes were as black as it was with a glowing red color around the edges of its eyes. They were so piercing. It had its lips snarled and showing its long teeth that had a clear substance dripping from them. Its fingers were long and bony and at the tips were long black nails that were curved. It was as tall as my doll shelf it was standing next to, which is over six feet tall but the entity was probably taller than that because it was crouched over like it was going to pounce on me. I screamed at the top of my lungs and my husband busted through the door coming to my rescue but it was gone. I didn't sleep the rest of the night. I know it was the thing from my dream that was chasing me. Somehow I had brought it with me or it has been causing this reoccurring dream. I don't know which. I've had the dream but I haven't seen "it" since.

When I'm home alone, I can hear voices in the next room like more than one person is having a conversation but there is not a radio or television on and the neighbors are too far away to hear them in their yard. I have heard on numerous occasions someone saying my name and I answer "What?" but when I turn around no one is there. I'll go and ask my husband and son if they called my name and almost every time they say no. My son has been coming a lot lately asking us what we wanted and we tell him we didn't call him. He says he heard someone call his name. I don't know if we're just hearing things or if something is messing with us. Also I often feel like someone is watching me even when I'm home alone. The presence of the entity is always here whether there is activity or not. I can feel it watching me and I can feel it is near.

Three occasions I have been in the kitchen alone and I leave the room for less than a minute and when I go back in the kitchen, all the cabinet doors are fully open. My husband and son both say they didn't open them and there is no way they could have done it in that amount of time and gotten out without me seeing them. I have started yelling at the entity and telling it to leave me alone. No matter what I do, it won't stop. The activity happens whether I ignore it or yell at it.

On many, many occasions I have felt something hit my mattress from underneath. It feels like someone is under the bed and punched the mattress really hard. It doesn't hurt or anything but it definitely gets my attention. It has even woken me out of a deep sleep before. Also sometimes when I'm in bed, I will feel someone sit down on the bed or get in the bed with me. I will turn over expecting my husband or son and no one is there. Things have been happening so much and with such frequency, the activity in my house has just become a normal part of my life.

We have an old, small stereo sitting on top of my china cabinet. It's so high I have to get on a stool to turn it on. For the past week it has been turning on by itself around the same time every day. The stereo doesn't have a remote and it doesn't have a clock or an alarm on it. It doesn't turn on at the exact same time everyday. But it's always between 4 and 5 o'clock in the afternoon. My husband says it is just defective but I don't think so. It's just too much of a coincidence with everything that has gone on in this house.

A few months ago, I would be cleaning or cooking, minding my own business and terrible thoughts would come in my head. Thoughts that weren't my own. Thoughts of hurting my loved ones in horrific ways. Ways that I couldn't have imagined on my own. I won't describe them to you. They're just too awful and I don't want to relive them. These images shocked and terrified me. I don't know where these thoughts came from but I know for a fact they did not come from me. I love my family more than anything in this world and I can't stand the thoughts of anything harming them especially me. It's just not who I am. My worst fear is that this thing, this entity will cause me to hurt my family or one of my family to hurt me or each other.

We had our house blessed by our minister a few years ago and the activity did die down for a while but then it came back with a vengeance. We had it blessed again with the same results. Also, periodically I go through the house anointing all doorways with oil while praying out loud. Things are still happening. It won't go away. The activity in the house will be dormant for weeks then all of a sudden it will get active again, very active. Then it goes dormant again just as quick as it started. The dormant times have been getting shorter and the active times longer and more intense. This has been going on for ten years. We are Christians and we pray a lot together. We have crosses hung throughout the house and also the Lord's Prayer. The only thing we haven't tried is an exorcism but we're not Catholic. Moving out is not an option. We have no where to go and no money to do so. I don't know what it is in our house that has plagued us for so long. Maybe a nasty poltergeist or an evil ghost or a demon? It has never done us real harm but my fear is that with the escalation that has been happening, it will eventually hurt one of us. Can anyone tell me what this thing is and have any advice to get rid of it? Please help!

Other hauntings by kellbear

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kellbear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-07)
Kellbear you don't have to be a catholic to have an exocism, I would think. But like Savsavvy1023 said Energy is energy. Since your land is located on cherokee lands I would recommend contacting a Native American Medicine man or shaman. Evil doesn't descriminate it can be from the native americans or the folks who pushed them off the land. Whatever you are dealing with will continue to get stronger, by that I mean your reaction toward this entity negatively will feed it. You know the st Michael prayer say that throughout the house, until you can get a medicine man to conduct a ceremoney to calm and move the spirits on. I wish you lots of luck!
phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-07)
kellbear, you say you & your family are Christians. If you are you can say "In the name of Jesus Christ, back off, you may not harm me, or any of my family." If it is Really attacking you or your family after you say that. Say "In the name of Jesus the Christ, be you cast into hell" Never use the words I, me, myself, ourself, your name or family name. BECAUSE, it is NOT YOU, it is the power of Jesus. You or I could not affect it, only Jesus.
I know this sounds religious but the Bible says we fight the spirits of the air. You have to be a Christian and you have to have faith in Jesus. Don't let this thing back you down! It will laugh at you and try to stop you from saying these. Just keep repeating them.
You can contact me at phenonwrestler [at] sbcglobal.net
Ds
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-11)
No worries,Swims. I'm willing to bet even a great many Catholics would say, "the Book of who?" However, you were also correct, the burning of liver and fish heart would do little to nothing to help in this scenario. At least from what the passage says. So... Half a star for you, my friend?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
Val, ahhh my bad. Hadn't read them. Really, I just forgot about the Catholic bible. And I thought I was so religiously accepting.
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
kellbear,
I was just wondering, since your house sits on what was Cherokee land, and there are reservations in North Carolina, if perhaps contacting them might be in order?
It seems to me, perhaps their medicine man might be able to put the restless spirit to peace. Or at least give you some direction to follow. It wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
To Swims...ummmm, it mentions the liver and heart thing in the Book of Tobit, chapter 6. It's also referred to as the Book of Tobias and appears in the Old Testament of the Catholic Bible, and is part of the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonical scripture. I did a bit of Googling and found a copy here: http://www.usccb.org/bible/tobit/6. To quote: "He answered: "As for the fish's heart and liver, if you burn them to make smoke in the presence of a man or a woman who is afflicted by a demon or evil spirit, any affliction will flee and never return." As you can see, it was thought to be a medical cure (back then most disorders were thought to be the work of demons), and not a house cleansing. If one reads the entire chapter, verse 5 even says,"The angel then told him: "Slit the fish open and take out its gall, heart, and liver, and keep them with you; but throw away the other entrails. Its gall, heart, and liver are useful for medicine." It does make for some interesting reading. 😉
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
Vaga's advice is awesome. There was another poster who made a point of doing positive things and so perfect love got rid of evil. Good to remember. Also, Cherokees lost an unbelievable amount of a very old culture during the removal, it could be a spirit who is very pissed for a good reason and has grown to this hatefull thing. Had that happen once, I just sat down and asked it what it wanted, and he was just angry. He wanted his great grandchildren. So I just mourned with him. Flat out cried like at a funeral. He didn't leave, (we could see him), but he didn't bother us. Only a thought. That or Rooks cleansing works great. And Talib, there's nothing in the Bible about burning liver, you know that book as well as you know the Koran.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
Kellbear, your story is very interesting but obviously upsetting for you and your family. Take the good advice and cleanse your home, whatever you have in your home is eating away at you. Please keep us updated.
paramorphine (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
[at] LanaIsQueen I guess I should have worded it better, what I meant to say is having disturbing violent thoughts is not NECESSARILY paranormal. I wasn't trying to be dismissive of the thoughts; actually I was attempting to be comforting haha and offer an alternative point of view (at least for that part of kellbear's story, which was the only thing I thought that could potentially be rationalized.). When people think the disturbing 'intrusive thoughts' I was referring to, they aren't actively trying to envision these scenarios out of anger, they just happen, like an image flashing in your mind. It can be really scary and upsetting and you honestly wonder where on earth these awful ideas came from.

I just didn't want kellbear to feel completely overwhelmed by the unnerving energy in her home by suggesting the intrusive thoughts theory. It's bad enough that it manifests in her dreams (and then materializes when she's awake!), I didn't want her to feel like it was absolutely a hopeless situation where this thing is worming its way into her waking mind.

ALL THAT BEING SAID, however, I definitely believe entities/energy (whatever you want to call it!) can have an effect on mood and influence thinking.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
Talib,

HuH?

Basilisk,

I understand your point but most of the 'modern world' seems to associate the word demon with the Jewish/Christian, you know the theological meanings of the word. This is where I was coming from when I made my comment.

SCAPE,

Umm not sure what to say... Other than your experiences and concepts are just like everyone else's...formed by what you have been taught... But this site is full of individuals who come from many diverse backgrounds and have had many different experiences, which had led them to certian beliefs... Stay around awhile... Keep your mind open and always remember Knowledge is Power... Do not be afriad to ask questions...

I do not feel the O/P is being harassed by a demon... Just an entity/spirit that thrives is a negative enviroment so it it doing what it can to help create one. I have offered a method that could help change what is happening... A method others on site have tried with varying degrees of success, some have even posted their results.

Lets not detract from any aid the O/P may receive by petty bickering... Lets move one, if you have any questions please pick one of my experiences and ask on it.

Respectfully,

Rook
SCAPE_Paranormal (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
But thanks for correcting me on a few things. Half of what I say is based on experience, not research. (I don't trust research as far as spiritual matters, too much inconsistency)
SCAPE_Paranormal (17 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
Rook

You may not seem to see where I'm coming from. I don't know EVERYTHING, but this can be pretty easily figured out by reason alone.

There are other things that use mimicking and stuff, but a demon is the most likely.

Regular spirits (unless under some curse or something) maintain identity. They can attempt to mimic, but not as precisely as demons. Also, the activity points to something acting to cause fear or unease. Not something acting out of anger.

As for the "very, very, very dark" that may have been a stretch. I'm not saying Native American magic is inherently evil, I'm saying it is one of the more powerful forms of magic (belief-based, relying on the direct source of the power). And is one of the few forms that can produce a... Well... I don't have a name for it. It's basically like a spirit werewolf. But not too literally.

Sorry for using the comments for making a point. I just felt I was misunderstood.
talib (58 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
This is certainly a evil entity, a demon which is trying to possess you. I think it is just lurking around and looking for an opportunity to enter your body, be very very careful, extreme anger, fear, sadness, emotions and even sickness weakens your body defences and gives a chance for entities to enter them.
Try this "Burn liver and heart of a fish (any fish will do, I guess), the demons & evil spirits can't stand the smell and will exit the home never to return, this is a remedy from the Bible and I am not a Christian."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Tobit+6&version=GNT

+2
LanaIsQueen (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
[at] Paramorphine, I think what Kellbear experiences about having disturbing thoughts could highly be related to paranormal stuff. Familiar with the Amityville haunting, where Ronald Defeo Jr killed his own family because of the supposed "whispers" that came from an evil being? Though his [Ronald's] case was different from Kellbear, where as Ronald was into drugs that time, it is not impossible for an evil being to penetrate Kellbear's mind and place evil thoughts.
I mean, I do sometimes think of ugly things to some of my family members but that only happens when I'm mad at them. And also, I don't think of hurting them but I only think of running away or being alone with myself like a boss. And Kellbear stated, "I love my family more than anything in this world and I can't stand the thoughts of anything harming them especially me. It's just not who I am."
So basically, an evil entity might have caused her to think so.
basilisk193 (35 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
I don't really get the point of distinguishing between theological demons and other dark spirits. Aren't demon just the more powerful dark spirit? May be there is an anti-Christ cult of supernatural entities but it doesn't make the treatment for them very different from repelling dark spirits in general.
The same go with the concept of poltergeists, they are just entities more fond of creating physical disturbances than the rest, it doesn't make them a specific type of entities.
I'm trying to say that it can be a ghost and a demon and a poltergeist at the same time, how it responds to you is up to and only to its personality. If any effort to make it go away didn't work, a cleansing or exorcism is needed.
Magic previously imbued into land can affect current life a lot. Assuming savsavvy1023 is true, if you have your home or your land blessed, the effect won't last long because the Indian magic will eventually cancel it, as this system rejects the concept of land ownership. Try having the persons blessed instead.
Vaga (2 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Kellbear:

I have had many experiences where something attacks me in a 'dream' and sometimes I fight them and other times I run.

But take note of the basics, this thing tries to make you feel hatred and violence.

Draw to you loving feelings. When you wake up from a dream like that try to imagine all of the loving experiences you have had throughout your entire life. Birthing your child, holding him/her in your arms, the love you have for friends and family members, love in general. Imagine that all of these loving feelings penetrate you to your core and extend out from you. Really try to feel the love warm your body, fill you up and literally make you smile.

Feeling this love penetrate and expand from you is directing your light and light can be brought to you through this method. Just make sure that you keep practicing it, try to do it before you sleep. Strengthen yourself by directing your own energy, don't rely completely on the energy of other people. We are powerful beings and like other posters have said, it's how you use the energy.

It might be easier to try and feel this coming from a part of your physical body, so if you have trouble visualizing think of it all coming from your heart. Like when you feel love that makes you want to cry from happiness.

I hope this helps you.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Ummmmm point of order SCAPE... Point of order...

Angels have as much FREE WILL as any other SPIRIT... HIGHER OR LOWER... Regardless of rank... Standing or what have you; else wise the entire plan of Salvation is a sham letting individuals use FREE WILL to Choose the Right only to 'cross over' and the one fundamental God given right is then taken away...

I'm not buying it... Which Church (s) /Faith (s) are teaching that?

You also state that its a demon because 'only demons' can shape shift... Mimic voices' and other such things... Heck I can do those things,,, ok not the shape shifting so much... But you get my point. Some spirits/entities are just mischief makers out to startle/scare individuals...it's their nature to do so... It DOES NOT... Make them a demon (s).

You then speak of Native Americans AND their practices as if they were something 'dark and dangerious' have you really studied anything about ANY of the Native American Faith (s)? Just because they revered nature does not make them "very, very, very dark" as you put it.

I like what savvy says... There is no black magic, there is no white magic there is magic (energy) and it can be used for good or ill.

I do however have to say that ignoring it may not work... Spirits do not just use energy from us... It may be something in the environment... Some EMF source that the spirit can draw off of...

For the O/P...

Please look on my profile, there is a cleansing/shielding method posted there, feel free to use it...it's is a generic method so you can insert your personal Faith/Beleifs into the format. Others on this site have used it ANC even posted comments/experiences about doing so.

Please keep us posted...

Remember just because it scares us and we do not understand what nay be happening does NOT mean a demon is doing it.

Respectfully,

Rook
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Scape, if you want to discuss this further, please take savsavvy up on the offer to talk about through email. Kellbear has asked for advice, so let's try to keep comments on topic. 😊
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
SCAPE if you really want to know a lot more... You'll either find truth in all this or think I'm a nut. More than likely you'll think I'm a nut so it's all good. Email me. It should be on my profile but if not, let me know.
SCAPE_Paranormal (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Demons come in a finite number. All existing demons are from the original rebellion against Heaven. Thus it can be expected for all of them to be evil. Angels and demons (basically the same being) don't have as much free will as humans (depending on rank actually). They can't choose right or wrong, they just fallow orders.
SCAPE_Paranormal (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
I see what you mean, but I still maintain (out of hope) that it is a demon and can be easily dealt with. What you said about Native American magic is something I already considered. If it's there by its own power (not a demon. Demons rely on the command of lucifer), Than this could be harder or impossible to deal with. Native American magic is one of the more extreme forms of magic. So... Extremely good or extremely bad. Also, the very nature of demons implies that they ARE all bad. I'm not a closed-minded person, but an angel would not do this. And there are tens of thousands of demons, so it could easily be one. You seem to know your stuff though, and I'm still learning about the supernatural. But I know my stuff when it comes to demons, all the signs are there. Mimicry, taking beast form, general uneasiness. Etc.
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
SCAPE_Paranormal funny how you jumped to the conclusion of a demon, it could also be an angel. Demons are not all bad, and angels are not all good. It's kind of like a ethnic backgrounds on the other side. If your from America your American, if your from Canada your Canadian. If your from Hell your a demon and if your from Heaven your an angel. Man has associated them with good and bad for the simplicity and the black and white nature of Good vs. Evil. Like I said when it comes to Native American Magic it's more about balance than... Revenge. For example in Native magic if you want to rid yourself of a cursed object keep it someplace safe and forget about it. The object only has power because you give it power. Burning/destroying it brings the negativity out and is a lot harder to get rid of because energy needs a host. That host can be a plant, an animal, a person, or any object. I lived in an apartment complex that was built on a ritual site for Natives. Hauntings were worse in the apartments where people said prayers and tried to cast out the energies. My family smudged once and left it alone. That week was really hard but we kept ignoring, when a cabinet opened we left it, when we saw faces we ignored them, and when we felt someone sitting on our chest while we slept we went into a different room without a word to the ghost. We didn't bring any energy for it to fight with so it went a way. Remember the threefold law: What you put out you get back x3. It applies to everything even energy. They are putting out a lot and getting back a lot of energy as well. I hope this family finds peace however they do it.
SCAPE_Paranormal (17 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Actaually, this may not be ONLY a demon. There is definaley a demon there, but some activities point to a poltergeist as well. Such as irrational destruction. Demons don't randomly destroy things like angry sperits do. Sorry for so much info, just trying to help you deal with this properly.
SCAPE_Paranormal (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Don't ignore it! I just read savsavvy1023's comment. It will not leave unless you tell it to. And I have no doubt in my mind that this is a demon.
SCAPE_Paranormal (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Sorry to say this, but you are most definitely dealing with a demon. Demons are the only ones who can shapeshift, mimic voices, and move things faster than a usual person. Since you are a Christian, the demon targets you. But, you can easily tell it to "leave in the name of Jesus Christ" very very sternly. This should work. If it doesn't not, you are dealing with something very, very, very dark. Related to the practices of the native Americans who once inhabited that land. Good luck.
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
I meant to say "rid your family." My phone wouldn't let me fix it.
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
sorry to split this up between 2 comments but my phone was being dumb. Anyways because Native American magic is so strong it can live for centuries. True magic exist in only nature there is no such thing as white magic or black magic. The same also goes for energy, energy whether it be good or bad can be used to fuel either good or bad sources. All of your efforts to rid yourself of this entity is probably what is making it stronger. The spirit probably goes after you because you are the most willing to give it attention. This is going to sound really weird but try ignoring it. Don't yell it it don't tell it to leave just ignore it and it might go away I wish you the best of luck and hope you can read your family of the Spirit
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Energy at the end of the day is just that. Energy. I am glad you have your faith, and that you practice it but know this: Indians had faith too. I'm native american and our "magic" is stronger than a lot of european "magic", because ours has never been broken. European magic was written in books and on pieces of paper that got lost or burnt. Native American magic was written in the earth and has always been passed down by generations. Contrary to popular belief Native Americans never believed that land is property. So the concept of your living on their land doesn't really apply. More likely what is happening is a leftover or spell placed on that part of the land many many years ago.
paramorphine (5 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
While the rest of your story is indeed bizarre and unnerving, I felt the need to address the violent thoughts you were having. Having disturbing thoughts (which are highly incongruent with your 'normal' way of thinking) is not paranormal. Everyone thinks, or rather, conjures up frightening images and ideas from time to time, whether they were actively trying to or not. These are called intrusive thoughts and are normally related to 'taboo' subjects such as violence, sex or blasphemy. I can see why they would trouble you, but they really aren't that unusual, though they can be extremely unsettling all the same.

Anyway, since you said you are a Christian, maybe you should have a pastor/minister come in and pray over your house, but do more than just bless it, maybe cast out some of the entities in Jesus' name? Something that is more or less the equivalent of an exorcism, just in the Protestant faith. Just my two cents, and I hope you can find a way to vanquish the entity/ies sometime soon, whatever the means!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
kellbear, With all the activity, and as you say the activity will go dormant then come back your house may very well be a type of doorway or portal to the spirits. And because you have this home on ancient indian grounds, maybe somehow when the house was built it could have aloud the one main spirit to reside there. Some spirits tend to stick around because they think its still their land etc. And the one evil entity may be entering your dreams to cause you fear, to feed off of. Which is not good! I hope someone can give you some great useful advice on here because it sounds like you really need it. Please stay safe and strong.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: