You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Paranormal Or Sleep Paralysis?

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Or Sleep Paralysis?

 

Lately I've been having some weird things happen to me while I've been trying to sleep. I don't know if its sleep paralysis (I'm starting to think it is) or something paranormal. It doesn't happen very often but it happens at least three times a month. I'm not on any medication, I'm eating regularly, and I'm sleeping normal, nothing strange. But sometimes I'll hear a strange buzzing, screeching noise sort of like a radio that's lost its signal (it's indescribable). As I hear that I start to become really heavy almost paralyzed, like something is holding me down, I try to scream or move but I can't. I know I can but I can't do it (it feels like someone or something is sucking the energy out of me).

Most of the time I hear voices in the background I hear screaming people (as if they're being tortured or something) then I can hear a little child screaming something like "mommy mommy" it's very eerie and it echoes. But every time it's something different.

I had my last experience just an hour ago it sounded like someone was saying "Ericka" I can't tell if it was an adult female or a child. Sometimes when I wake up I find scratches on my body (my arms, legs, chest, and my lower stomach) and the scratches are under my clothes, how would anyone be able to do that? Nothing could have been scratching me, I don't have ANY sharp objects near my bed, and my bed couldn't scratch me (it's an air mattress).

I see some things when that happens but not that often, usually it's like I'm laying on the floor and the background is reddish black and there's something falling from the sky like ashes or something from fire, and there's these little demons that run around really fast back and forth with feet that are red, bony, and webbed with claws (I can only see from the waist down) could this be a vision of hell? That's what I started to think but I don't know.

Other hauntings by DepressedCupcake

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DepressedCupcake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
I had similar experiences in the past.
When I would sleep on my back I would wake up imobile, unable to move, feeling like something else was in the room. And boom like lightining I would feel my body shake and how to explain this; like energy being drained from me. Fight it off and then fall back asleep and again the same thing would happen.

A long time later I said to myself why not Sleep on my stomach and cover my head.
If there was something there it would not know if I truly was asleep; head turned to one side. The idea to cover my head came to me because; I said to myself well if something can influence your mind by draining energy, influencing auditory sounds or any type of constraint; the brain is the tool, so by covering the head, this would make it harder for an entity to get through as they cannot physically touch things and it would be obviously harder to penetrate a thicker barrier with clothes.
Thinking basic strategy again,

Now to those that experienced Sleep Paralysis or those that think it something more; I will say this after using this method; I could sleep again. Sleep Paralysis lessened if not eventually stopped altogether. And those that never experienced anything like this... Lucky.
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
A few of my friends regularly experience it and whilst they say it is certainly unnerving, they always have that little voice in the back of their mind saying "It's happened before and you've been fine, ride it out"

It's about belief and the power of the mind I think.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Intrigued and Finance- that's a way of looking at this situation that I've not thought of before. I'm terrified to think that SP can really happen to just about anyone, so at least I feel a bit safer in knowing a few ways to combat it if it ever does happen to me.
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Whilst I do not subscribe to the paranormal explanation, in your situation maybe prayer could be the answer.

Prayer doesn't have to be religious, it can be a simple gesture that can subconsciously alter your frame of mind just that little bit to halt (or reduce the risk of) this paralysis.
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
It seems as though you have opened yourself up to something, on occassion as a sensitive these things just come to you; when you are paralyzed and cannot move; your in between states of sleep and awake, dream paralysis or another dimension; waking with scratches something is trying to manifest itself in our reality. These other entities voices are in that alternative reality. Sleep on your stomach, protect you head when you sleep that is how these entities tune you into their reality.

When these things happen they the occurance usually grows more frequent. There is power in prayer; do not be weak but mentally tough.
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
Wow. Well it could be parnormal scrathcing you but if you don't think that is what it is maybe you are just scratching youself. I believe though it is parnomal usual with sleep paralysis that happans.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: