You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Henry

Real Ghost Stories

Henry

 

I wonder if ghosts or spirits can actually follow people. I think it is happening to my family. We used to live in Chicago a few years ago and we KNOW our apartment was haunted by a ghost of a teenage boy. It started with odd noises and stuff being moved around. My husband who didn't believe in ghosts at the time actually saw him first. Henry was the name I gave to the ghost for some odd reason. My husband also used to hear him calling my husbands name too. But Henry was helpful to. When we overslept he would lift the mattress at the foot of the bed and drop it until we woke up. Also he played with our little French bulldog, swinging open the doors to get his attention then slam it when he got to close.

Well in 2007 we moved back to my husband's home state of New Mexico. We settled in our new home and the incidents started happening as before. The mattress is rising and falling, whistling, shadows, and the upstairs bathroom being "used". Toilet flushing water running. A few days ago the door opened from the kid's room, closed, bathroom door opened then closed and then my bedroom door opened and slammed. No windows were open in the house or heat or air con on.

Everyone sees shadows and hears things. It's an everyday occurrence. My husband sees him a lot, peeking out of doorways when he is on the computer. A few nights ago I was lying in bed with my dogs and someone got really close to my ear and whispered "Shhhhh". I just told Henry goodnight and tried to fall asleep. I'm sure it's our Henry and I'm glad he is still with us he has become another member of the family.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CarlaB69, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

winwin (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
I think you need to look for some one who have special power can spoke to "Henry",coz you can't always see him, hear him, talk to him and know him. You only can guess him. If one day you did something make him angry that you don't know. Can you guess what will he do? You have to let him know this world is not belong to him and we understand that he don't know where to go. If you can maybe you try to pray for it to ask the god to bring him to his world. 😲
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
I am somewhat concerned about this one. Have you tried to speak to "Henry" and tell him it is time to move on? I am concerned about the bed lifting up and down and windows slamming. These are not playful actions. 😐
CarlaB69 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-13)
Thanks for everyones feedback!
TO tk- I really don't think he will become dangerous, but I will keep a close watch.

To cosmo,DARKNESS, and zz- I really don't think he is attached to any object, when we moved here we bought all new everything. And I agree that some spirits my chose to stay on this plane. Maybe he just wants another family. I cannot pretent to understand.
Thanks so much for everyones comments again. 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Carla: I believe that spirits can follow you from place to place... I don't think Henry means any harm, and seems like he's taken on the responibility of watching over and taking care of you!...I would say send him on if you feel he's upset or confused, but it doesn't sound that way to me... He knows he's not the same as you... Some spirits DO choose to stay on this plane...

Thank you for sharing! 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
As cosmogal926 mentioned he is obviously attached to a person yourself or your husband, or something that you have in possesion ie: a particular object in your home. I believe if he is not doing you harm then it is not much of an issue, if things do escalate then I would consider doing a cleansing of some sort.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Hello CarlaB69, I do believe it is possible for a spirit to become attached and follow a person or family to a new location. If Henry has not bothered you or tried to harm you or your family then leave it be. I always believed in that saying."If ain't broke, don't fix it" 😉 Thanks for sharing your story.
Take Care 😊 ❤
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Maybe you miss the presence and have subconsciously conjured it up again as a sort of comfort blanket.
tknicol (3 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Um, you shouldn't be glad. He needs to go & yes they can follow you. He thinks he's still alive which in fact he obviously isn't. He needs to find his way to the afterlife where he belongs. Keeping him around could be dangerous. You need to get someone in your house to release him. He's not doing this to play with you guys. Things may get dangerous.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: