You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Helpful Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Helpful Spirit

 

I moved into a duplex about 7 months ago. Since then a number of odd things have happened to me and some of my friends. Some were common to me because I've lived in other places that seem haunted or they seemed explainable, but also things that have frightened my parents have happened.

The first thing that happened was before we moved into the house. My mother and I were looking in the basement to get a look at the size of the duplex. When we reached the bottom of the stairs we flicked the light switch but nothing happened the land lord said the bulb might be dead so he went to find a good bulb. As we walked back up the stairs to help him find one from another light I heard a screeching sound and what seemed like someone saying try again. I immediately assumed it was the land lord telling me to try again and I returned to the basement and flip the switch. The light turned on. I later found out that the screech was the sound made by the light bulb being screwed in and my land lord never told me to try again as I thought he did.

The next was a little later on about 3 months later. I was getting off the bus from school and when I got to the door I found that I had left my key at home. I'm the only one home until 10pm. So I looked for a way in and found none. All the doors were locked along with the windows. It was snowing out and I began so fell really cold and tired. I only have one friend nearby and unfortunately he nor were his family home. I sat on a small part of dry porch against the door trying to think of a way in say to the door to let me in. That was when I saw the door handle spin and the door opened itself. It was one more helping hand from the spirit.

The spirit that seemed to haunt my house seemed nice but sometimes it got violent. My friend Alex and I were watching UFC on TV and we started to play box. He accidently punched me in my face and didn't realize and continued to hit me lightly but I said ouch from being hit in the face. That's when it, the spirit, got mad it grabbed my friend and pushed him to the ground and said what sounded like stop or stay away. I helped my friend up. The look on his face shocked me he looked scared yet he had been in worse situations. He said to me that it had tried to kill him. I replied how. That's when he showed me the fist bruises under his shirt. My friend won't come in my house because he was attacked by the spirit.

These are just a few of the stories I have of this house but I have had experiences similar all around my neighborhood. I think this is enough about my house. I'll write more in the future. I am a young writer so I thank you for reading about my experiences and I hope you understand that I was there and know what happened. Please feel free to give any kind of comments or explanation on these events because I am interested in the paranormal but don't know all about it. Thank you

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iveseenthem, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

iveseenthem (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
no and haven't yet tried because nothings happened since you last posted. I did once try to thank it but got no reply or any sort of feeling.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
No, I do not think the UFC really had anything to do with it either. I think it was more in the playfulness of your friend and yourself AFTER the fact.
HAVE you tried to communicate with it? I do not mean as a result of my post, I mean in the past have you either at this home or a past residence.
Wa-do.
iveseenthem (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
yes it left bruises but they were only light bruises. I don't think the ufc was really part of it. It protects only me and know one else yet. It my have follewed me because I have always felt like something was protecting me. I do believe it may have even saved my life. Thanks for the advice
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Your friend had full blown bruises, and not simply red marks from this altercation while watching UFC?
Are you the only one it seems to have a protective watch of?
First off, as you stated in comment that you will more than likely be posting more, what I believe you need to do is let this entity know, (in NO uncertain terms) that it MUST not touch, hit, or otherwise harm ANYone that is in your home.
Do you know if this is a "new friend" or one that came with you? What do you really know about it?
Wa-do.
iveseenthem (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
yeah it does seem to be the case. It has done more. Think ill write a second part of this for more recent events. I'm fine. Thanks.
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
hi maybe the spirit is trying to protect you, as your friend did hit you, what do you think, its this the first time, hope you are ok

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: