You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Helpful Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

A Helpful Ghost

 

It might sound weird, but I think a ghost helps me find missing things at my mums house.

This took place 3-4 years ago. My mum inherited a beautiful wedding ring in gold from her great grandparents, and she takes it off frequently and puts it all over the house. But we always find it after a while when she says she lost it. Usually it's by her bed, in the kitchen or on a shelf in the bathroom. But this particular time, we didn't find it. We looked everywhere, and after a few days of searching we gave up, thought she must have lost it somewhere outside. My mum was, of course, really upset.

6 months after this happened, I came down with the flu and felt really really ill, and at night it was at the worst, I had such a strange dream. I was dreaming I stood in a dark room, I couldn't see anything else but myself for some reason. Suddenly a shadow darker than the room walked up to me and stood and watched over my right shoulder. I didn't feel scared or anything, more like it was someone I knew even though I didn't see the shadows face. He/she gave me a piece of paper with arrows filled all over it, and said it was a map. He/she pointed at one arrow and said "Your mums ring is in a white drawer. But she needs to empty it before she finds it." And then I woke up. Even though I was so sick and felt like sleeping the day away, I went downstairs to tell mum about my dream.

My big brother and mum were sitting at the kitchen table having some coffee, and I sat down and told them about my dream. My brother said something with "Yeah right!", but mum ran upstairs to her bedroom, where she had a white bed table with a drawer. After about 10 minutes she came back down, and held up the ring. My brother got all pale and said "I'll be damned..." My mum told me she took the drawer and emptied everything on her bed, and underneath everything, like the shadow said, was the missing ring. The weird part is that she had already searched through that drawer many many times, but she didn't find it until I told her to look there.

That someone or something helped me find missing things a couple of times more. Like a box of missing Christmas ornaments was missing (about 3 years ago), and it was also things my mum inherited. We keep all the Christmas things in a big closet upstairs, but it wasn't there. I remember standing up there, saying out loud "Please, help me find the box; it would make mum so happy." Nothing happened and I went back downstairs. After that my mum went straight upstairs to look one more time in the closet, and when she was inside she suddenly heard a scratching noise coming from right above. She looked up, and saw one box sliding out on the edge of the top shelf. She got very surprised, but took it down. And that was the box with the ornaments. The reason we didn't see it right away was because it was pushed in on the shelf against the wall, and we couldn't see it when we stood underneath it. It seemed like someone pushed the box out while mum stood there to make her see it.

I'm curious to who this ghost can be. It seems like it's one of our late relatives who helps us find their old things.

What do you guys think? Do you believe that our relatives watch over us and even help us find our missing things? Have anyone experienced anything similar?

Other hauntings by Melime

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melime, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aimen (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
I agree that it maybe any of your old relatives that helped you out...:)
Andelas (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
Maybe that ghost wanted to tell you that it was here and it was kind and helpful. 😁
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
Hi Melime, Zzsgranny also has a helpful ghost, you should read some of her accounts!
Yours is a delightful account, I am glad you took the time to share it with us. Our loved ones can help or visit, at the most unexpected times.
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Snowhite: Yeah, it could be them. I wish I knew for sure:)

Scooby: Thank you so much!

😊

Ush: Thank you for your thoughts! ^^ I think I understand what you mean, that there's an instinct in a form of a spirit. Never heard about it before though:o
3rd) Very interesting!
And I would like to hear about your experience, even if it was just a dream!

Paranormalactivity: Yeah maybe it was them, they're dead since many years back:/

Jazzeyjay/blue_raven: Yes I thought about that too:) I do actually believe that there's more than one there, but I never felt threatened or scared or anything, so I know I have nothing to be scared of! Seems like a lot of people have those spirits who hide things from you, maybe it's their way to show us they're there:)

Kashish: Yeah, could be something like that too

Thank you all for your comments, I really appreciate it!
kashish (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
it can be like that any of your close relative or your very close friend died and their ghost can't see you in trouble that's why they may be helping you
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
I agree with jazzeyjay. It could be two or more spirits. The first could be the mischievous one who always hide things and the other one is an older spirit who is like a big brother or something telling the first one not to take it becaus it is bad. Well, just a thought my dear. Nice story. As long as they don't harm you guys, I don't think that you have to worry about it. By the way, I just want to share, we also have a ghost in our house who keeps hiding our stuff then it would turn to places. I am an OC so I know I put my things in place. Sometimes my son's toys will be lost for a week but will be seen under the bed or in my drawer. I know it is annoying but, just try to talk to them like what you did to help you about the ornaments. ^_^
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Have you ever stopped to think that there may be more than one spirit residing in your home? You may have one who is a little on the mishievious side and another who is more like a protector who almost tells the other one, no, don't do that, you put that back or place it where it can be found or something. The protector spirit probably goes and get's the items and places them where they can be found him/herself. It sure doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about or fear. Hopefully it will stay that way. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
ParanormalActivity (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
😕 um sounds like maybe it was your mums relatives that had given those things to her. Depends if they are dead.
Ush (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Oh man! You reminded me of something... Very long story.

Your story - goosebumps and I have to say 'aaaaw' too hahaa, the first sentence of your story sounds so cute ^^...I might sound so weird LOL.

As to your questions:

1st) It's possible that someone related to you is looking over you from the way it is decribed. Perhaps there's some kind of instinct in a form of a spirit... Making any sense? It's hard to explain when I am a 50% believer and my opinion is mixture of belief and reasoning...*sigh* sorry (can belief be fractioned?
-_-lol).

2nd) Some people I know who are very spiritual and have been telling me stories, from their point of view: yes, it's believed in many cultures that spirits can be appointed to help guard or/and help guide people - usually it's relatives but sometimes strangers are appointed because of some sort of reason like they are connected to you or best fit for that role 'for' you.

3rd) Haven't experienced something similar but have experienced something very slightly like it but I believe that what I experienced (that scared the life out of me for a while) was just a bizarre and horrific dream.

Someone I know would tell you that you are blessed and someone else I know will add 'Don't disobey it.' but I think from the sound of it, you're in safe hands:D
Scooby (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
No experiences to share, no knowledge to offer. I just wanted to say that is the coolest story! That will make me smile all day. Thanks for sharing! 😊
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
it might be your great grandparents. I also feel they are your relatives who are related to you by blood.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: