You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Helpful Ghost In Our House Prevented Fire

Real Ghost Stories

A Helpful Ghost In Our House Prevented Fire

 

Just when mum and my brother and I moved in to the house after the divorce, we immediately noticed that we were not alone in the house.

I'm going to tell you about an experience mum had when she was alone. This was about 2 months after we moved in. I and my brother were visiting my dad, and mum was upstairs taking a shower because she was going over to a friend later on. Downstairs, she had a candle in a candleholder shaped like a little house on top of the fireplace. She forgot about it, but when she stood in the bathroom putting on make up after her shower, she heard a scratching noise.

Naturally, she thought it was our 2 kittens so she didn't pay much attention to it. The scratching kept on going and became stronger. She went outside the bathroom to see exactly what the kittens were scratching to make that noise, but when she reached the bedroom, she found them sleeping on her bed. Mum went on to the stairs, thinking maybe me and my brother had returned home. She called out our names but she got nothing but silence in return (Of course, since we weren't home).

At this point, she was freaked out but started to walk down the stairs to check out the noise, as it seemed to come from the living room. When she reached the bottom of the stairs she saw the backside of a long black dress sweep into the living room. She ran after it, and saw that the candleholder on the fireplace had caught on fire. She managed to put it out before anything else got damaged. The woman in the dress were no where to be seen.

When me and my brother returned home she told us all about it, and we thought about what could've caused the scratching noises. It wasn't until my mum tried to scratch her nails against the fireplace that we found out what it was. It seems like the lady in the black dress saw the fire, and scratched on the fireplace until she got mums attention!

Other hauntings by Melime

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melime, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Thank you so much! I totally agree with you, and I have a few more experiences with the lady here, I'll write them down asap! 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Now that's a "good" ghost story! I love that your mom caught sight of her dress as she swung back into the other room, that's priceless! Let us know should any more situations arise. I love this lady already!
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Miracles51031: Thats sweet! Oh I will absolutely read your story, sounds really interesting! 😊

Cosmogal926: Thank you so much! Yeah, it's also nice to know that we have someone to help us 😊 ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Hi Melime, I really enjoyed this story. It's so nice to hear about friendly helpful ghosts once in a while. Thank you for sharing this with us. 😊 ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Melime, I'm sure she will too! I had an older lady who really liked my little boy when we lived in "her" house. If you're interested, the stories are on my page. They're called "The Ghost Named Mary" and there are 2 parts. Just if you're interested, no pressure 😆
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it! It's really good to have a helpful ghost around, and I, too am sure that if something happens ever again the lady will help us!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-14)
Melime, what a great story! I, too, have helpful ghosts in my home, so I understand this completely. I hope that if anything like this were ever to happen, they would look out for my kids and me.

This is a great story and I'm glad you shared your mom's story with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: