You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Screaming In Fear

Real Ghost Stories

Screaming In Fear

 

I have had paranormal experiences in the past, as you would know from reading my previous story. This one takes place the second week in December 2009. It was during finals week, and I had to miss all of my finals because I had the flu. After you have read the story I would love some feedback.

I awoke around 2:38 A.M. I got out of bed and traveled down my hallway, which people call the "green mile" because it is so long and dark. I went into my kitchen and picked up the thermometer to randomly check my temperature which read 104. 3 degrees. I took medicine and returned to my room to lay down and go back to sleep. I am terrified of being awake and fully aware of my surroundings at 3:18 A.M. Because of a previous experience where I woke up at 3:18 A.M. Every night for several nights.

As I was laying in the dark I heard footsteps walk from the beginning of my hallway to the outside of the bathroom door. (my bathroom is right across my room) The footsteps didn't continue or go back. However, the footsteps continuously went from the beginning of the hallway to the outside of the bathroom/my room. It scared me, but I told myself I wouldn't do anything unless it happened again. It stopped for about fifteen minutes, then the footsteps started up again. Suddenly, I heard whispering in my ear and felt like someone was in my room with me (even though my room door didn't open.) I started yelling/screaming and my sister came running into the room. I realized I was covered in a cold sweat and bawling. I slept with my parents that night and slept on the couch in our living room the rest of the week.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on? Any specific type of activity perhaps? I am very interested on other people's interpretation of the situation.

Other hauntings by MickeyMalice

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MickeyMalice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elmolover99 (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
creeeeeeeeeeeeepy story I wish you good luck for any other experiences please read my stories they are "unknown man" and "toilet girl"
MickeyMalice (4 stories) (15 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Thanks you guys. Your comments have helped. I didn't know if it was due to the fever or not because of the other paranormal activity I have had.

As for the voices, I couldn't make out anything they were saying. It was like several different voices at once. And I'll have to say they were male... It didn't really sound like a womans voice at all.
Trudy44 (60 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Dear Mickey,

You said that all of this happened when you had a fever of 104.6F. You were hallucinating because of the fever. My son had a fever of 104F and he kept hearing a deep scary laughter. He had to constantly keep himself cool by showering in luke warm to cool water.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
It's hard to say what exactly it might have been, because in part, what you experienced may have been due to your high fever. Dangerously high temperatures can cause all sorts of sensory hallucinations because, not to be graphic but to be blunt, your fever is cooking your brain. At a temperature of 108 degrees, you can suffer permanent brain damage. You're fortunate that it wasn't worse than it was.

If this WAS paranormal in nature, it sounds like it was just residual energy. It did not seem to acknowledge or engage you. Could you make out anything of what was being said when you heard the whispers? Did it sound like a male/female voice, or perhaps a child's voice? I don't think you have anything to fear in this particular case.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
I'm going to agree with cosmogal926 you had a very high fever you were sleepy you were on meds and you expect something scary and you got just that. Your brain tells you what's real and what's not so with all those factors it is most likely your brain picked up what it could from your sense then just filled in the blanks with your thoughts and told you that it was all real.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Hi MickeyMalice, I have to agree with bigC and say your fever had a lot to do with it. 104. 3 😲 Whoa baby that's hot stuff! Plus you took medicine which is a perfect combination for hallucinations. I have read about your other paranormal experiences, but because of your illness at the time I can't say for sure if what you experienced was paranormal. Thanks, and take care 😊
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
did it actually say anything or was it just like gebrish?

I will admit that the whispers could have been from the fever.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Hmmm... I would say that this being knows you are being scared of it. I had almost the same experience but without the footsteps though. The most important thing is not to show it that you are being spooked by it. You can tell it to leave. Show it that you have power over your house and room. Good luck, stay safe ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: