You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Time Stood Still

Real Ghost Stories

Time Stood Still

 

This is my first time sharing a story, and I think I'll just start off with the big one. Some background on me before I start: I am a biologist and very scientific in nature. I have an inquisitive mind and do not believe that spirituality and science are mutually exclusive. I'm not prone to hysteria or things of that nature, either. However, I have experienced many "ghost-like" phenomena since I was a child. This is one of them:

When I was around the age of 12, my family lived in a 60's style split level house, my bedroom was on the top level next to my younger brother's room. We had a motion triggered, flood light that illuminated the back yard for calling in the animals and, I suppose, for intruders. This night around maybe 11 pm, the light went off, so I looked out the window to the back yard. My bedroom would completely fill with light when it went off--enough to read by, so you can imagine how it would attract attention even when you slept. I saw a dark figure walking very slowly by my window. It had a strange gait to it, kind of a floaty bobbing motion. It was that typical "darker than dark" silhouette that is often reported. It turned its head toward me and stared for what seems like hours. The sensation was as if time stood still while he was present; it could have been 3 hours or 3 minutes. Now, Here is where I hope you don't laugh or imagine me joking--it had red eyes and small horn like structures at its temples. You know, like satan? I hate to use that image, but it was so perfectly aligned with every representation of him that I feel it is useful. He had on a high-collared cloak and after some time passed my window toward my brother's window next room over. I didn't feel too terribly threatened, not as if it might come into the house or anything of that nature. What's even more strange is that within, I don't know, maybe 15-20 minutes, my brother came into the room saying he had just seen the devil outside his window and was freaked.

It has been over 20 years since that night and to be the proper big sister that I am, I like to draw the image of the creature we saw and force my bro to look at it. He always gets mad and swears he'll never visit me again. We laugh but I doubt we'll ever forget it. I'm sure most of you know how these things are burned into your brain.

So, what do you think? I'd love to hear some feedback. And thanks for reading! I'll post more later.

Other hauntings by michi78

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, michi78, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
Wow I would say you saw a high ranking demon, is what you saw. Not a shadow figure at all.

That the kind of demon you don't want to mess with, I also saw one at the end of my bed when I was in the Jop Corps. But he didn't have red eyes, I think his eyes were white.
He also didn't have horns, it looks more like he was wearing a hood over his head. He was blacker then the dark, but I could still see him because the exit light was on behind him, how ever he some how turned off the blue halway lights. He was very cold, that is what wake me up.

I put my head under my covers and prayed for him to go away, then I became warm again and I fell back to sleep. Praying to God does work.

Take care,

Walter
JazzRaym (36 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
this isn't scary... It happened with my friend and he got facking freaked, which made him fall from his bed.
Am_a_am (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
that is scary... I can never see the shadows in detail like that...
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Sorry, I'm a twit sometimes. The movie is called DONNY DARKO. I got it wrong the first time. Please forgive me. You should watch it. It's one of my faves anymore. So creepy! Bye.

~LSD~
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
In the move Danny Darko he sees this creepy rabbit thing at night it wakes him up & he does a bunch of terrible things. I just thought I might add that movie, besides Harvey. Thanx. Bless you & yours!

~~LSD~~
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
hi that's a scary story, I if I saw that I'd be saying my prayer, interesting as well thanks for sharing.di
Justaguy (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
You're a scientific person, so I'll appeal to your rational nature; this seems like a considerable time ago. Ask any cop how good people recollect an event when they are overtaken by fear especially years after? Not too well in regards to details. I have heard of these Black Shadows, with red eyes and some have horns or a sword. The visit sometimes lasts what seems like an hour, all the while the person looks to see if, "it's still their" and then looks away or pulls the cover up over their head.

I don't dispute you saw something, which I think what most people refer to as a, "shadow person". These can be "demonic", but most likely a person who has crossed over and is attempting to manipulate our dimension. Some are better than others and appear in color with detail, and the ones not so good appear in "black and white" without color. Also, ask yourself if you really saw horns or was the form's shape not very well defined and somewhat "blurry" (this is often the reason for the reports of a sword too)? The red eyes are often reported too, but I have never seen a "shadow Person" picture with red eyes (and there are a lot of pictures out there). Michi78 is right they do feed on fear, and actually fear can make them "tune-in" better too.

This was probably someone who crossed over and is seeking. Entities who can manipulate our dimension can usually only do so in one dimensional ways. For example, if you can see them they probably cannot talk or manipulate objects; if they can talk to them you probably won't see them etc... So this was nothing to be afraid of.
Remember that Faith in your religious affiliation will empower you, and the reduction in fear keep from fueling an Entity in its manipulation and in essence giving it power to manipulate our dimension.

Good story though! Don't tell your brother this scientific theory and continue to scare him for fun if you want to. Remember, to enjoy the experiance and not fear. Even making light of situation removes fear and the power it gives Energys attempting to manipulate.
michi78 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Hi Dan, Yes there were other experiences like this one. I'm new here so I'll be posting them later for you guys. But this was the only time I saw this particular image. We had voices talking through radios, I was shoved repeatedly to the floor, saw other threatening images, etc... They went away after I moved out of my parents house--the threatening ones at least. There did seem to be an "evil" streak for awhile, whatever that means. My father was an alcoholic and could be violent at times. Perhaps they fed off that negativity.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
michi78 you say that you have had other experiences from your childhood, where any of them like this one?. I am just trying to establish if there was any other connection relating to this. I believe that it chose to appear in that form to obviously frighten you and feed of your fear but we will never truly know really.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
michi78 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
I love the movie Harvey! Anyway, Yes, it was completely pitch black but had glowing red eyes, like pinspots of red in the night but no other discernible features. I said previously that I didn't feel too threatened but it did give off a very calmly evil feeling. Almost like, "I could crush you, but tonight I've decided not to, so you should be thankful that I'm in a good mood" kind of attitude. Power. That's the word, I guess...
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
I have, Fashionista777! His name was Harvey and he's Jimmy Stewarts friend in the 1950's movie called Harvey. Yea, and satan is supposed to be the most beautiful creature we have ever seen. Right? Could it have BEEN a nature spirit? Like Pan? You said it was dark, but had red eyes. Was it a shadow person?
Seriousghouls (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
well you can deffinetly say it was demonic
But what it was I don't know
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Wreck 72, that is fascinating about the history of the devil. I did not know that is how our modern image of the devil came to be.
Michi78, I am certainly not going to make fun of you or discount your story because what you saw had red eyes and a horn. But it does sound scary to see that, considering that you're saying it's so perfectly aligned with your representation of the devil.
A friend of mine claims that when she was 3, she sawa giant bunny outside her bedroom window. Now THAT I am less inclined to believe. Has anyone ever heard of that before? A giant bunny? Really?
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
michi78 You are right the bible does not ever mention the devil looking like this the image actually comes from the god Pan who was a god of nature. The Catholics decided he was a good fit for the devil and a good way to help demonize pagan beliefs. Today this being is well know as the devil but even before then people Had encounters with entities that looked this way.
Thank you for sharing your story with us.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Hello michi78, and thank you for sharing your experience. I think I'd have to agree with Lou here, that this entity was some sort of doppleganger that took the most unnerving form it could to startle you and your brother. You definitely witnessed something bizarre!
michi78 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Yeah, it's crossed my mind that it could've been something else trying to pass for something that is universally frightening. What I want to know is what the origin is for this particular manifestation? The bible, I don't think, has any references to the devil looking like this does it? And yet the image of him in this form persists. Did some entity long ago happen to hit on a manifestation that naturally scared many people and it's become a popular "costume" for them since? I just wonder...
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Michi,

If you were the only one to see this being, most would chalk it up to an active imagination or a dream... But with your brother's corroboration, it is obvious the both of you experienced something remarkable.
I believe that some spirits are stronger than others, but their intent doesn't change... Only their manifestation. Just as a well-intended spirit will use a doppleganger to put someone at ease, by likening themselves to someone known by their target... A malevolent spirit could manifest in a form it felt would be heinous, because its own appearance would pose less threatening.
With this in mind, since the entity did you and your brother no harm, and passed you by, so to speak... You may have had a random encounter with a demonic; but more than likely... A masquerade by an ill-willed human spirit.

Either way, it obviously left its impression.

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: