You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: It Won't Leave Me Alone, Am I Being Paranoid Or Is It Real?

Real Ghost Stories

It Won't Leave Me Alone, Am I Being Paranoid Or Is It Real?

 

I am now 24 and since I can remember I have been having these weird experiences. I am blessed with being able to hear, feel and see spirits. In our family I know I am not the only one but it seems that I am the only one that is affected by it or that it only seems to be happening to me. I normally see a full dressed figure with details but I can never make out any details on the face.

1* when I was around 5 or 6 years old, the house we stayed in was haunted, the room I slept in specifically, in the corner near closest to the window I would hear men laughing as if they were having a party or something, the taps in our house would go on at night as well as the bathrooms taps, the kettle would randomly switch on. We moved shortly after it started getting even worse. The lady that stayed next door to us, her son got shot by accident in their house and one year later on the same day at the same time their daughter shot herself but she survived she is Only blind, but they would tell my mom that they would burn these photos of demons or something and the photos would not burn, so I believe that there was something in their house which then affected our house as we would always visit each other.

2* we stayed in a church house and one night I woke up to find a man standing at the foot end of my bed wearing the exact clothes my grandfather did that day (my grandfather was very much alive and kicking), for some reason while the man was standing there I couldn't scream, move, breathe or do anything, it was as if I was paralyzed, only when he vanished was I able to leave the room, I went and looked if it was my grandfather but only to find him sleeping. My mom said it was my guardian angel, but I have never seen him again only that once and why was it as if he was holding me down?

3* 4 years ago I moved in to my aunt's house and for some time I noticed then when we sat in the lounge, there would be a tall man standing in the kitchen watching me and if I moved into the kitchen he would move down the passage to the bathroom and with me going back to the lounge he would stand in the kitchen again, if I was to go and bath he would be in the bathroom watching me and believe it or not he would have these glowing green eyes, one night the power went out in our house and as I came out of the bathroom this man was standing in front of me and would not let me pass him and it felt as if he was lifting me off the ground, mind you it was so dark I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. I asked my aunt about him and she said he never goes away he was always there, when I moved out of the house he left as well. This man was only one black shadow no figure or that.

4* I have a baby now who will be 1 in 1 week. The house I am staying with my boyfriend and his parents must be haunted, when sitting in my boyfriends mom room, I keep seeing a man with a dog and cat going into the bathroom, the cat enters first then the dog then the man, from the knees down this man is floating like on a cloud into the bathroom, I never see them leave but always enter and the dog and cat run in on four legs, I mean once or twice might be my mind playing games but not every 5 minutes of the day, with that when I'm in the kitchen making my baby's bottles I can see in the kitchen window (we have an open plan kitchen) an old lady standing watching me from the other side of the lounge, she is in full detail, I see her hair in a bun, how old she is and all that, the man I see in full detail but never his face. The man always walks from the beginning of the passage to the bathroom and when I'm in my boyfriend's mom's room he goes to our room. The lady stays in the lounge, when I am in the passage the hole that leads from the house into the roof, I feel like there is someone watching me from there all the time.

I mean they say baby's can also see these things I mean my baby would often look at something and point and start smiling but there is never anything there when I look, I see funny marking like faces (demons) on our Windows the outline of it being there which Only I can see, when we touch a mirror especially my baby, I wipe it clean and come back the next day to find the hand mark in exactly the same place and I know my baby hasn't been there again.

At night when we sleep I never get to sleep throughout the night because it always feels as if someone is in my room watching me, I even sleep with the TV on because it is as if this thing is waking me up to feel its presence or that.

Nobody else seems to be having this experience because it never happens when they are around its only when I am alone and I am really starting to believe that this thing is after me or having something to do with me. I mean when I make my baby bottles for the night I keep hearing something falling in our room so obviously I think my baby has fallen off the bed, (I do this when he is sleeping) but when I go and check he is fine. This never happens if my boyfriend is in the room only if I am alone. It's like this thing is calling me towards it (keep in mind I said it moves from the passage to the bathroom, to our room. I have to walk from the kitchen down the passage to our room)

2 days ago, I was sleeping when I was woken up only to find that this thing was floating around in front of my bed just back and forth the whole time, I kept hearing a popping sound coming from the other 2 bedrooms next to ours. And once this thing left our room, the popping sound stopped. The man, dog and cat have like a black shining around them, the lady has a grey colour.

What should I do because my family think I am mad. I don't care about me but I am worried that it is going to try and harm my baby or try and possess my baby. I mean I go to church so why hasn't it stopped.

Sorry this is so long but I need closure on this please if anyone can help me or give me advice.

Other hauntings by Worriedorparanoid

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Worriedorparanoid, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Oh my GOODness have I got questions for you.
Wow. That is a LOT of stuff to happen in a period of...what?...nineteen years?
I just want to focus in on your Shadow man, as that seems to be your one constant.
First off: Your Aunt claimed that he was always there- meaning even BEFORE you moved in?- and left when YOU did... Think on that a bit, and I will get back to it.
You say you see full apparitions normally, but THIS one is the only one in shadow blob form? He is tall, thin... Ok. HOW do you KNOW this is a MAN?
I think you need to take a step back and look at the situation here. You have someone watching your movements within the home. As unnerving as that might feel, there HAS to be a reason WHY. "He" has never attempted communication (Aside from the failed "popping" night, I mean)?
This "guy" has been around you for at least four years, and all "he" does is watch you. And your children. And your man.
...

Know what I see in what you wrote?
You have a being that is beside you as a Helper. This being has nudged you to check on the babies. Your baby would look at something and SMILE. Were you a light sleeper before the babies arrived? Whoever this is is making SURE that you are NOW.
It is NOT going to posses your babies. I mean, think about it. Given the choice between a drooling, unable to do much for itself being and a full grown (when it first was known to you) being to possess, I would logically think that it would go for the one with more motor control.

I said I would get back to this. I think you should turn your way of thinking AWAY from this being a "bad shadow" and start thinking in terms of helpmate. I have not read your remaining story, so that may change, but I do not see ANYTHING that points to this being a bad "guy". The time that you felt as if you were paralysed? It feels to me as if it were trying to communicate. It was "popping" and sucking your energy to either fully manifest itself or communicate with you. Another thought: It was WAITING for you...
Who do you know from your past who would be that patient, and love you that much to wait on you to live there?
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
i once read an account by a mother. An entity was bothering their baby. If they prayed for the child the child would be fine. On a night when they forgot to pray for the child, the thing might bother the child. I suspect that we are needing to pray daily do be free of these things... And eventually they give up.
BloodyGir13 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
From what You have written I would recemend to get religious help, talk to a preist and get him to cleanse your house
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
what you need to do is firstly get cleansed and then you need to see a priest. I had a similar experience and the priest told me to take a bottle of holy water and bless all the rooms. I recently moved out but for the month I stayed it seemed nothing was going on so you could try that if it doesn't work then an exorcist might be able to consult you further
zaphiod (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Hi worriedorparanoid.
My name's rich and although my paranormal experiences are so subtle they can easily be passed off, I really want to believe.

Anyway, I'm writing this because I am very interested in the occult and paranorma, tho, I by no stretch of the imagination consider myself an expert or even particularly knowledgeable.

From my experience there are 3 types of people who get haunted. Those who accept the presence, and are not scared. These people seem to have very mild experiences.
Then there are those who become terrified by their entity - these have much stronger experiences than those who aren't worried about it. And finally the incubus/succubus tales. Where even those who aren't scared can have strong vivid expeiences.

It seems to me that the major commonality is emotional energy. Those who aren't afraid more delicate experiences simply because they aren't providing the energy. Those who are scared are providing the energy, but they are also providing negative energy. And it seems to me that its the interaction of this negative energy with the entity which is causing its malevolance.
In the case of incubi/succubi they are fed off of all the sexual energy, but when the person in question is afraid the presence becomes darker.

So what I'm trying to say is that you have a new baby, and instinctively you are afraid for him and worried about him - hence providing the entity with negative energy.

In terms of church, I believe it can help. But not because of religion. But because of belief. Those who are devoutly religious leave their church full of the feeling of safety and that god will protect them, i.e. Full of positivity.

I think maybe when you leave the church you don't really believe it could help. Hence why it doesn't. So I think you have to do what you need to do to feel strong, powerful and unafraid within yourself.

So that's my tuppence worth I don't know if it will help, but I hope it does

R
ManuchesterUnited (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-20)
I am probably reapeating what everyone's saying so sorry. I'm a hindu and I read the comment about Goddess Durga (kinda popped out). She is not only the goddess of good but she is also the mother goddess. Treat her like your mother and just talk with her when you feel scared. I'm not a cristian but Just command the demon to go in the name of Jesus. Read a bible verse every day. Try talking to it and asking it to go. All the Best! 😁
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Hi, thanks for sharing all of your stories. I haven't read any other comments yet but I shall. Forgive me if I repeat any thing someone has already written.

Unfortunately many of us have the common misconception that if we go to church demons or negative spirits can't or shouldn't mess with us. Well the truth is that we can go to church every single day & while it's good to be a part of public worship it's not the only way to avoid the enemy & his games. Nothing but the Blood of Christ & your relationship with the Lord will affect how the enemy treats you. So a suggestion would be to really grow in your relationship with God. Also ask the Holy Spirit to protect you & your baby. Another thing I was thinking is that, I know for me, every time I was with child my spiritual abilities (if you will) were magnified, also, when we have babies some of us mothers experience postpartum depression & while we are experiencing this terrible time in our lives when we should be most joyous with having a new precious baby, the enemy see's this as an opportune time to manifest & keep us up even more at night & seeing things, hearing things, etc. When we have a new baby these are problems anyway & he just adds to them being the creep he is. So with that said, & I hope it makes sense, maybe you should ask a pastor or a leader at your church to pray for you & your family. Maybe even pulling out the big guns & blessing your home... I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. & just to make things clear, I do understand that your baby isn't exactly that new, but these thing do linger at times. Keep us posted & feel free to contact me if you need advise or prayer for any thing. Bless you & yours.

Lotus08kiss[at]gmail.com

~LSD~
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-28)
It was not your grandfather - it was a demon. The symptoms are always the same. Use lots of Catholic Holy water, and invoke the names of Jesus, Mary, and St. Michael the Archangel, when commanding it to leave. Every time you see these evil things, and yes they are 100% evil, call out for assistance from Jesus, Mary, and St. Michael the Archangel. Go to Mass, confession, and communion - often. Also, begin to say the Rosary. You have probably been selected due to your friendship with your former neighbors, if I had to guess. The old boy won't stop. I hope your child is baptized. As a demonologist, I get very busy immediately prior to Easter. Email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com, if you need more guidance.
Ghost_Lover32 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-28)
ok this is my opinion: I have an idea you should get a face mask and ear plugs so when you go to sleep. But you might still feel the presence if you do try to ignore it but if you really just can't look around. And if you family dosent believe you then you should talk to someone who will believe you and then you won't want to be mad that your family dosent believe you cause one day their going to be the ones saying "i just saw a figure of an old dude and it creeped me out" and you would say "i told you so" and they would be sorry for not beliveing you.
(we share an account)
Ok this is my friends opinion: I personally think you should get a priest or a demonology person (demonoligeist) because it sounds like a demon. Now for your family thinking your mad if they really love you they won't think you are, and also look for someone that has these problems too its easier to explain yourself to someone that is like you too.

If you need anymore advice or help just mailbox me or comment back on this video:) ❤
jennifera (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
in the hindu religion there is this godess who helps people fight evil... Godess Durga... Maybe if you want to go to a hindu temple and do some prayers... She is very powerful and will definately help...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Hello and thank you for sharing your experience. You and likely your baby are very sensitive to spiritual activity, so it's possible that unless you spend a long time trying to tune it all out, you may be able to see spirits all whenever they are near. The man and his pets going in and out of rooms and the laughter you hear seems to be residual, potentially triggered by the energy of the previous tenants (or the current ones). The man that you saw, which seemed to look like your grandfather, could either have been your spirit guide or a doppleganger that appeared in a form that you were familiar with. The reason I think you were restrained or felt held down was because this entity was using your spiritual energy to manifest, which drained your physical capacity to move. The taps and the kettle operating on their own seems to point toward some sort of poltergeist, who may also be responsible for the noises you hear coming from other rooms (and the one that makes it sound like your baby has fallen).

I also think you are capable of seeing auras, as you mentioned you see black and grey lights shining around the specters you see. Those particular colors are generally associated to the dead, and those whose spirits are in limbo. You are truly a gifted individual!

None of the things you have mentioned seemed to have attempted to harm you or your baby in any way. If you feel threatened, it might be a good idea to perform a cleansing of the house, and how you choose to do that is up to you. Since you mentioned that you go to church, you could have a priest or pastor bless your home, and that might get rid of some or all of it. If that doesn't work, you can try burning sage throughout the house which drives out any unwanted spiritual energy. There are many other methods of ridding yourself and your home of spirits as well, and I'm sure others will have their suggestions too. Go with whatever feels most comfortable for you.

Best of luck & love to you! Please feel free to contact me by email if there's anything else I can do for you.
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
If they bother you, send them away. Tell them to leave, and they have to listen. Command in God's name (if you believe in him only! Falsey using his name could make the problem worse) Good luck though, and I'm willing to answer any questions, my email is on my page. Just to let you know where I'm coming from with my information, I am a sensitve as well =P So we are alike in that sense, I've been called crazy before, but I brush it off. I know what I see,hear, or feel. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: