You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Strangled In My Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Strangled In My Sleep

 

This all started a few years ago when my aunty (who now lives in Cyprus) told me about when she was being strangled by a "demon" in her bedroom at my nans house when she was younger. I live with my Nan who has lived in her old Victorian house in London for 25 years.

My aunty had told me and a few other members of our family that she was asleep in her room (which is the room above mine) when she felt someone or something pushing her chest and throat with great force that she could not breathe or scream. She tried to open her eyes but they were stuck closed and also could not move as she felt paralyzed. Over the years it has always played on my mind that my nans house was haunted.

In 2004 my friend had told me that her sister was asleep in her bed on her own when she felt someone sit on her bed and when she opened her eyes it was a manly figure with a tail but could not make out its face. A year later she had told me that her dad was sleeping and someone or thing had pulled the duvet covers over his head and tried to suffocate him, but when the force had stopped there was nobody in the house. This had clearly freaked me out and made me think more about demons and supernatural activities.

I sleep with the hallway light on and my door open as I am convinced my nans house is haunted and have always thought the same experiences might happen to me. I have been ill with the flu for the past few days and decided to get an early night as I was supposed to have work this morning. It was about 5am when I felt a hand around my throat squeezing until I could not breathe then the force had been released. During this whole period which felt like 10minutes I could not open my eyes or move. Then I felt it again for the second time but the third time whoever or whatever was squeezing my throat did not want to let go until I could feel myself slowly drifting off until the force finally let go and I jumped out of my bed, turned my light on, looked in the mirror and I was pure white...

Other hauntings by honeybee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, honeybee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-13)
Dear Honeybe,

Try this technique to get rid of the spirit.

1. Pray to God for help. Don't pray to Michael the archangel. Hebrews 4:16 and Jude9

2. Put on the armor of God. Pray it on. Ephesians 6:10-18

3. Read the Bible out loud. Read your favorite Bible passages. Here are some of my favorite verses. John 3:16-17,John 14:6,Romans 8:26-39,Philippians 2:9-11,Colosians 2:15. I also like the book of Psalms.

4.Buy a small bottle of olive oil. Present it to God, pray over it and ask God to bless it. Anoint every window and door in your room. Make the sign of the cross. As you are anointing say "I anoint this place in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." Command the demonic forces to leave your room in the name of Jesus.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 in every room of your house.

6. Go to a door that leads to the outside. Open it and command the demonic forces to leave your house in the name of Jesus. Close the door and anoint it.

7. Do this once a week for 1-2 months, then do it once a month for 6 months and then just do it once a year.

You don't have to do this at night. You can do this any time you want. Also if you prefer you can use Holy Water instead of oil. ❤ 😊 ❤
Barask (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-13)
I only know that I woke up once and wasn't able to breathe at all. Could've been the cause of a nightmare though or something. Thought I was going to die.
honeybee (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-12)
thank you 4 all your helpful tips and comments ❤ really appreciate it x
Georgeisalegend (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-12)
hmmm. Strangling demons or ghosts? I never heard of that before... Why don't you get a Shaman or priest bless your house?
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
Actually the passage I referred to took place in 53-57 AD. "1And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus" This was 53 AD, 8And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months- (also) 10And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

11And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:
Putting it somewhere around 56 AD. Definetly though between 53 and 57. And nothing has changed since then as far as the word.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
there are other stories of people casting out demons in Jesus's name in one the apostles come to Jesus complaining that other people are casting out demons in his name even though they are not with them. Jesus's reply is something along the lines of those who are not against us are with us. However I have always thought that the passage vulcan10 refers to and the one I am talking about had an interesting contrast. Now to explain what the difference is/was. The man that is today known as Jesus was not named Jesus his name was actually Yeshua meaning salvation the name does not just mean salvation though it starts with ye as in Yahweh (YHWH) which is the name of God Yeshua means God Saves changing the name to Jesus quite literally takes God out of the name. I say all this because I feel it is very important that people understand Jesus is not just some magic word used to cast out demons. It's not even the actual name of who you are calling upon. It is that you are calling upon God as your savior that matters.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
Jesus did not send the Holy Spirit to anyone until after His ascension. The verses quoted are in the right context. It was meant to show the lack of understanding that the people that did not follow Jesus had. The apostles were given the power by Jesus to heal and cast out demons in His name while He was still alive. Once ascended Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to all those that believe in Him and that have a daily ongoing relationship with Him. Right now, if you were to accept Jesus' gift of salvation and you truly believe, the Holy Spirit comes and lives within you and you would be capable of casting out anything in His name remembering that you are actually doing nothing, Jesus does it all. Anyone, believer or not can call apon the name of Jesus, He actually tells everyone to call out to Him. If He delivers you cintinue to seek Him and He will
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
I have had a strangling sensation on a few different occasions. It felt like the pressure of hands slowly squeezing on my throat. I just said STOP! This would cause it to eventually go away. I didn't want whatever it was to gain strength and momentum in its choking. I hope that doesn't happen to you again.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
GhostWhisper56, what time period are you living in? This isn't the Dark Ages anymore. Witches do not send devils at people, and if you're such a devout Christian, what makes you think that they could hurt you anyway?
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
You know, I see a lot, all over the web and even in books by supposed "educated" authors the suggestion of the use of the name of "Jesus Christ" to ward off or stop demonic or the like, attacks or hauntings. What they fail to inform the reader is the truth about this... "Paul recognized the fact... That some unauthorized person-doubtless with good intent, but unauthorized nevertheless, had been along that way baptizing 'unto John's baptism,' but not with it, for that could only be done by a duly commissioned servant of God. The apostle therefore explained to them the baptism of John and how he had declared Christ Jesus; after they received a proper understanding of the true ordinance they rendered obedience thereto, 'and when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.' (Acts 19:1Acts 19:2Acts 19:3Acts 19:4Acts 19:5Acts 19:6Acts 19:1-6.) When the servant of the Lord officiated in the ordinances of the gospel, the repentant believers were 'born of water and of the Spirit,' and the word was confirmed in them by the workings of the power of God. Evil spirits remember the pre-mortal state. They remember who was great there, and they recognize the servants of the Lord as their mortal enemies. They know Jesus, Paul, Peter,etc. And an actual outcome of someone useing the Lords name but not actually being a true servant of God is given in Acts 19:13-16 (King James Version)

13Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the LORD Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

14And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

15And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

16And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

Everyone deserves to know the truth, especially when dealing with manifestations.
GhostWhisper56 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
That's what happened to me... I have read a million books to find out what it means and I did. You were hurt by the devil. 'Thee devil may look like thou man but have a tail.' That's what the book said. In the old times, witches of the devil would send spells or come to a person's home to kill them. Witches usually do what have happened to you. If you do not want this happening take this steps: every night before you go to bed say a pray while wearing a cross. If they demon still comes wear the cross every night to bed. If the demon still comes then think of prays. Think of having a force around you so that no one can touch you. Becareful! And Good Luck! ❤ ❤
Captain_Howdy (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
:S lawl if that happens try commanding it to leave, you don't have to say it out loud, say it like psychically or mentally try tell it,
"in the name of Jesus Christ I command you to leave" don't be a girl just tell his demonic butt to fak off.
If he doesn't stop after that you could trying saying something with the blood of Jesus Christ in it... Yes it sounds bad but... 😁
Well can even try imagining like a white light from inside you and it goes all through your body and surrounds you like an aura. Holy light:P

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: