You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unwanted Visitors

Real Ghost Stories

Unwanted Visitors

 

Thank you for taking the time to read about my experience.

I am a follower of Jesus and was raised in a very charismatic church. Because of the charismatic upbringing in the church and at home angels, demons, spiritual warfare and things of that sort were talked about a lot. At a very young age I was exposed to the belief that there is a constant battle between good and evil in the spiritual world. With that said, while I have never questioned my faith, I have changed some of my views since my childhood experiences in the church. I say that because I feel (just stating my opinion) that some churches or Christians tend to over spiritualize things and the following story is not that... It is a real, true and the most frightening thing that has ever happened to me.

I was about 17 years old and my mother, younger sister and a few of her friends and I were attending a Christian youth conference in Portland, Oregon. At the end of one of the sessions there was a time of prayer and our group went down to the front of the sanctuary to join in the prayer time. While we were down there a young woman approached my mother and asked my mom to pray for her. As we started to pray the girl began to show signs of demon possession... Speaking in a man's growl-like voice, convulsing, moaning like an animal. Some of the leaders of the conference noticed what was happening, came over and assisted in praying for the girl. After an hour or so my mother took my sister, her friends and I aside and said it was time to leave. We all got into the car and started to drive home, discussing and praying about what had just happened. We got home and went to bed, my sister, her friends and I sharing a room.

Sometime in the middle of the night I got up to use the restroom. I walked to the bathroom kept the door open (a house full of girls we didn't really worry about modesty in the middle of the night). As I was sitting there I heard some low-toned whispers coming from the entryway of the house. My parent's home is a split-level house, when you come in the front door there is an 8'x 4' landing where you can either go upstairs or down. I distinctly heard two voices but it seemed as though they were speaking a different language. At first I thought it was just my grandmother's television, she lived in an apartment downstairs and slept with the TV on every night. Just as I was about to flush the toilet I heard the voices even louder and some footsteps and rustling on the landing... I knew it wasn't my grandma's TV. I was becoming very frightened and hesitated on leaving the bathroom in fear that I would see whatever I was hearing. Just then I heard these things fly up the stairs with a sort of whoosh but what was even more frightening is that one of them had run something across the iron railing along the stairs on the way up. It was like when you run a stick along a chain-link fence but dramatically louder and heavier sounding as the railing was iron, this sound couldn't be made by a human hand because the iron is too thick and strong to be moved. Also, it was in a split second...ttthhhhrrroonnngggg...up the stairs. At that, I slammed the bathroom door shut and locked it and just stood there frozen listening to these things walk around my living room and kitchen. Two sets of footsteps and two very distinct low-toned voices speaking in a different language... One I had never heard or recognized. Every now and then they would make their way toward the hall but never stepped into the hallway. I honestly have no idea how long I was there standing in the bathroom... It seemed like an eternity.

Finally, after mustering enough courage I turned my body toward to wall and started pounding on the wall and calling my mother... My parent's room shared a wall with the bathroom. I certainly wasn't brave enough to leave the bathroom so I just called to her until she came to the bathroom door. Even then I wouldn't open the door to her... I was terrified that the things I had heard were just outside that door. After much prodding she finally got me to open the door. She took me to my bed and prayed with me and eventually I fell back to sleep being emotionally exhausted from the experience.

The next morning we all woke up and my dad made one of his famous breakfasts... As we all ate my dad mentioned that he had had a horrible nightmare that night (I had never heard my dad talk about any dreams) and everyone else in the house had stated that they too had experience horrible dreams that night. I didn't share with any of them what had happened to me until years later.

Even ten years later I am not sure why I experienced what I did. I am not afraid anymore and have since then had other experiences like that one. I think if anything, it strengthened my faith and has prepared me for the other times I have witnessed or experience events having to do with spiritual presences... Good or evil.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story... Feel free to comment.

Other hauntings by Shellerbell

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shellerbell, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shellerbell (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
Hi Pychickid,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with me. I don't claim to be an expert on getting rid of demons but I will share with you my opinion and advice. Also, my opinion and advice will be Christian in nature so if you have other opinions or views I won't be offended if you ignore or disagree with what I say.

If there are demons that are tormenting you and have harmed you my advice would be to rebuke them in Jesus name and to ask for God's protection. The demons might leave right away and they might not. If they don't leave I would continue to rebuke them, ask for God's protection and peace and actually ignore them like your parents said... They could eventually go away if you are persistent. Don't allow yourself to feed into the fear they are causing. There is a verse in the Bible that says to focus on things that are good, pure, true and holy... Try to do that when you're feeling frightened... Its helped me.

I would also suggest getting help from a pastor or spiritual leader you know... Its good to have someone to lean on in these sort of situations.

Well, my friend, that's my advice. I hope it helps and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Shellerbell
Shellerbell (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
Hi Trudy,

Thanks for commenting and thanks for sharing your experience with me.

When I mentioned that I feel some churches or Christians over spiritualize things I didn't say that to minimize other people's experiences. Over the years I have encountered people who would mistake normal human emotions or reactions as something paranormal. I also read a man's story on this site who thought people with mental illness were possessed.

In my opinion (just an opinion, not an expert in these matters by any means) I don't think your experience was over spiritualized. For years my mother was tormented by demonic nightmares that I feel were certainly a spiritual attack. I have also experienced dreams that were demonic in nature. In those times I pray for the Lord's protection and ask if there was a reason I was allowed to experience that. I guess the stance I try to take is that the Lord can turn even our most frightening experiences into something good. For instance, I was able to share my story and hopefully it will help others make sense of their experiences.

Thanks again, Trudy!

Shellerbell
pychickid123 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-17)
This experience happens to me, I'm 15 years old, and when I was younger I had no friends, I would always beat my self up. One day when I was in kindergarden I was at the playground and this girl came up to me and asked me what's my name and I told her, we sat down and talked the whole recess time. I had a friend. I was picked on in class one day and this kid said I talk to my self and what I saw was a good friend. ANd I got mad so I walked out of class and the girl walked with me and I know this sounds wierd but I sometimes see her around me. She went into the light when I was in 2nd grade, and my mom told me that I see ghosts. I'm very good on sensing ghosts, by there was this one time where I was at my fathers house and a hate feeling was in that house and it was a 2 story house, it wasn't a ghost, it was a demon, I was in his house and he wanted me out so I went down stairs when my father was a work, and something pushed me down stairs, but I don't remember falling, my father told me that when I was at the hospital. But my father and mother think I need to ignore them, but how, can you tell me? 😕
Georgeisalegend (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-13)
wow, that is creepy. I hope whatever it is didn't came back. At least your safe.
Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-11)
Dear Shellerbell,

Sometimes I spiritualize things too much. Last night I had a dream that a being came into my room without making a sound. It is hard to do that because I had a wind chime hanging on my door and I would've heard if some one came in. I dreamt that this invisible being was attacking me. So in my dream I put on my armor and I quoted a verse from the Bible. It felt like the being was trying to smother me by shoving my head into my bed and sheets and not allow me to breath. As the being was doing this I prayed to Jesus. I said "no Jesus don't let me die like this." Immediately I opened my eyes and was awake. Was this just a dream or was it a battle? For now I will say it is just a dream. If I have the same type of dream two more times in a month, then I will say that I am in fighting situation. What do you think? 😊 ❤ 😊
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
Hi Shellerbell,

Thanks for answering... Creepy experience really... 😨,
Cheers,

Claudia
Shellerbell (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
Hi Claudia,

Thanks for commenting. I don't remember what my families nightmares were about...I'm not sure we even talked about it. All I know is that every person in the house from my dad to my youngest sister who was probably 6 or 7 at the time all had horrible dreams and restless sleep. I was the only one who experienced the nightmare while wide awake!
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
Scary! 😭 but, what dreams did your family had that night?, were dreams about people running around your house?, was something different to what you experienced?
Thanks for sharing,

Claudia
Ninja-cHicK (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
wow very creepy... I would not have opened it either I would have don't the same thing... Bang on the wall 😲
Shellerbell (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
Spockie, thank you and I agree 100%. That was my first time encountering someone who was possessed but it wasn't my last. Since then, if I ever feel like I will be put in a situation where there will be any sort of spiritual warfare I am quick to prepare myself and ask for God's protection.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
Obviously, something followed you home from that church. Folks have to be very careful when praying for someone with demon possession.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: