You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Bathroom Visitors And Moving Toys

Real Ghost Stories

Bathroom Visitors And Moving Toys

 

My niece came over the other day to have dinner with us. My mom needed someone to give her a ride to ballet class as well. When we were finished eating dinner I sent her to the kids' bathroom to change into her ballet outfit so that we could get ready to head to her ballet practice.

It seemed to be taking her longer than usual to get ready so I hollered for her to finish getting ready because it was almost time to go. I was in another room watching music videos with the kids to keep them busy while we waited for her to get ready. I did not get a response.

Shortly after she walks into the room we are in with watery eyes like she was trying not to cry. She looked terrified and mumbled that the bathroom creeped her out. I asked what she meant. Teary eyed and mumbling, she said that there were two tall shadowy figures staring at her in the bathroom. She refused to go anywhere in my house without me and she wouldn't go near that bathroom.

FYI: I have not shared any of my experiences with her as she is a kid. I didn't share any of my paranormal experiences with my family because I was afraid they would think I was nuts so she has had no way to hear about or know anything about the strange things happening in my home. She hasn't even been in my home since all the Paranormal Activity or weird stuff (since it may not be paranormal) started... At least as far as I can remember.

I have since done a house cleansing on my home but I wanted to share that experience.

I also had a shared experience with my nephew last night. My niece and nephew came over (and yes, she was still terrified and refused to go into that bathroom or be alone anywhere in my house and pretty much sat on the couch in the living room looking terrified, poor kid). My nephew happened to be walking by the hallway and got very cold. He saw a shadowy movement in my son's room so he went to check it out. He told me he saw a shadow moving around in the room and a toy moving on its own. No one else was in my son's room. The light was out so the only light was from the hallway light shining into the room. He started freaking out when he saw the toy kept moving and called me over.

When I looked in the room I also saw a small black shadowy figure in the corner that darted away and disappeared. Then I saw the very same toy on the table that he saw moving move right in front of my eyes. The toy continued to move while he and I looked at it (on its own). At the same time I also got freezing cold and just odd feeling like it wasn't safe to be in that room.

We prayed over the room and that night we did the house cleansing as a family since at that point all of us had experienced the activity in some way (other than my husband, but he helped with the cleansing process and was very supportive).

Other hauntings by saxichan_2002

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, saxichan_2002, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
I am sorry that your niece and nephew were frightened by the entity/entities in your home but it is so refreshing to hear of an adult taking their stories and fears seriously! Being frightened as a child is bad enough but when no one believes in your fears, it is so much worse - then you are frightened AND alone!

They are lucky kids to have you ❤
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-05-24)
Saxichan - I always feel so sorry for children who are frightened in this way. The problem is that very often they are told that they have vivid imaginations or they have nightmares. That was the story of my childhood.

You have been given very good advice and I don't have anything further to add. Good luck!

Regards, Melda
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-05-23)
Saxichan,

So you're still having activity after doing Rook's cleansing? Yikes. I know that some members have had to do it a few times, so don't be afraid of overkill. 😊 Also, make sure you are doing it for the full 3 days. It may 'feel' clear or better after one day, but definitely follow through with the whole process.

As Redwolf said, it's a good idea to firmly state out loud, your expectations and boundaries. Make sure no one in the family is encouraging the spirit (s).

I think it's a good idea to involve the family while performing the cleansing, that way everyone is on the same page and expectations are clear from the get-go.

Hoping another cleansing will do the trick and you'll find peace.

Dee
LovelyNov (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-23)
I agree with [at] RedWolf

Aside from cleansing your home, make sure you firmly tell the spirit (s) that they don't belong here and that that is your home.

If you can't get any sage to cleanse your home, you can always contact a priest to help.

Wish you the best!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-05-23)
It sounds like you or someone else in the family is making them feel welcome. You have to get tough and tell these spirits that they are NOT welcome in your home and they HAVE to leave then do another cleansing. If you have a welcome mat turn it around to face the other way, or get rid of it and just get a plain mat.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: