You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Afternoon Visitors

Real Ghost Stories

Afternoon Visitors

 

The story I am about to tell you is just something that I cannot explain as it is and no one believe me. It's weird but read it carefully. Try not to complain about my English and I am sorry for my grammar. 

About my house, me and wife built this house little more than a year back and from there onwards we three; me, my wife and our little Amazonian (my daughter) been living there without any issues. I think there can't be any supernatural things since this house is brand new!

On a Friday about two months back I came home half day since I had to go and pick up one of my best buds living in Hong Kong coming down to Sri lanka for a small Vacation in the evening.

Every time he comes I have to go, and every time after I drop him at his hotel, we used to go to a club and have drinks until morning talking about what we both miss and planning his vacation to meet up all our best buds on following day. (We are five guys who went school together, after school classes together and still together even after we're married.)

So this Friday I came home and before I go in, I wanted to have a smoke but I never smoke inside the house or when my daughter is at home.

Parked the car got out with my lunch packet, had to go back to close the gate which is about 7 feet tall. Walking back to my veranda I lit up a cigarette and started thinking the fun we were going to have and of course the stuff he's bringing for me.

Out of nowhere someone knock at the gate, there is no bell to ring so whoever it is either has to call or knock on the gate.

There is no way I can see clearly who is it until the gate is opened, the time is about 2.40PM and it's very hot outside. I went and opened the gate, there is a lady carrying a child outside the gate.

I quickly threw my cigarette away because of the child and ask her why? She said she came to a house nearby, but those owners were not at home so she called them and they have told her to wait 30 minutes. Since she saw me closing the gate she had decided to come and speak to me.

I told her to come in. Now about this lady, she does not look neither poor or beggar rather she looks middle age and very attractive, she was wearing a very colorful saree and the child is about 2 years old cute girl, the small one was smiling all the time and giving flying kisses saying random words in Sinhala.

I asked her to come inside the house but she refused and stayed on the veranda, she told me her husband has dropped them from their friend's place and went back and will be back in another two hour's time.

The small one was so cute, running and smiling, giving high fives, she was enjoying.

Again her mother told me about their friend, and I know them very well, two houses away from mine opposite side. The house owner is a school principal (Mr. Gunathilaka), and his wife works in a government department at Negombo. Their son works in a bank. A very nice family.

I brought them some lemonade from the fridge, she told the kid to wait until the cool goes off to drink.

We were having a good talk about the weather and politics and things when I heard the honk of a bike which I knew it was Mr. Gunathilaka's motor bike.

I told the lady that their friends have come home and this lady made a sound like relief and said it's about time.

She lifted the kid and I saw the little one dropped one of her shoes but her mom did not see it. I went to open the gate and talk to Mr. Gunathilaka about their friends who's in my house.

When I told him about their visitors and he looked puzzled. He told me they were not expecting anyone and no one called them. I asked him then why he came home early thinking he was just pulling my leg and he replied school is closed after 2PM so normally he comes home early.

I was confused, He said let's go and see who has come but when we both walked in to my garden no one was there.

Mr. Gunathilaka was laughing as he asked me if I was drunk, I told him I wasn't kidding. And the two glasses where there also but with lemonade as if no one has drank it. I told him the whole story. He just laughed and left.

After he went I remembered the kid's shoe it was there on the floor, I took it to my hand and to my surprise it's exactly looks like a shoe which was belongs to my daughter.

Every morning we take our daughter to my wife's parents place, leave her there until we get back from work. We take her there all dressed up with shoes and socks and that morning also I remembered my wife putting this shoe pair on her.

I called my wife and told her, she never did believe a single word I said, but that evening when she got to her parents place she said our daughter's shoe was missing and said it must of have fallen in the morning and no one recalled she's wearing any shoes.

Till this very day this was UNexplainable and worse! I could not enjoy the stay of my friend thanks to this incident.

Whenever I see a lady carrying kid I always want to see if they was them!

Other hauntings by Pasindu

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pasindu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pasindu (9 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-03)
Hi Faith 2000, well we moved in to this house after we built it so we do not have any history background here, but yes, I think I should do some research on like about a family who used to live here in this are. Thanks for bringing that up for me
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-09-02)
I wonder if it's some kind of message? Hope you never go through that again. 😨
Faith_2000 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-02)
Stories as vivid as yours are very difficult to believe, even on sites like these filled with ghost stories.

I've never experienced anything where a spirit has been present so long but I believe that it is possible.

Have you tried researching deaths in the area to see if you can find who it may have been?🤔 ❤❤❤
Pasindu (9 stories) (25 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-09-02)
LuciaJacinta, yes it is strange, unfortunately I have not fixed CCTV's to my house, if I have done that, then the outcome of the incident would have been totally different.
I came home from work half day, on my way I picked up two cigarettes and a lunch packet. Before I leave the office I had a tea, that's all. It cannot be something I drank or eat since I drew 31 K.m from office to home. I have never sleep walk in my life to my knowledge. Maybe a lost spirit? Maybe? No idea.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-30)
Very strange story. Could it have been a dream? Maybe you slept walked and brought 2 glasses of lemonade out. The shoe could have been your daughters dropped in the morning?

Not to imply, but could anything you are or drank caused you to hallucinate?

If it was paranormal, very strange story. I can see why you didn't enjoy your visit with your friend after this experience. Gives me shivers.
Pasindu (9 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-28)
Hi Anno_Domini, I do smoke but not addicted, so I can go on without smoking for days, I do not smoke in front of ladies and specially kids, knowing it's very bad for their health, and about this lady... Still no idea. The picture of her in the back of my mind brings some sort of strange feeling if I ever think of her, she looks very attractive and so do the little one. A mother and a daughter for a perfect family!
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-28)
Hi Pasindu, this is truly a strange story. Perhaps the woman wanted to talk to your neighbour and had a last minute change of mind? In any case, you are to be commended for putting your cigarette away in the presence of children, if only all smokers were like you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: